You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Blue Jeans And Coca-cola

Real Ghost Stories

Blue Jeans And Coca-cola

 

While I was growing up, I was always into scary things that would make me afraid of the dark or to close my eyes in the shower. The monster on Alice in Wonderland (the real movie version) scared the shiat out of me for most of my elementary aged years. While I was scared of monsters in the dark, there was one incident I had when I was 12 with what had to have been a ghost. The strangest part about it was that this occurred around 12 noon.

My dad and I usually finished milking cows before 8 each morning and finished feeding everything by 9, especially in the summertime. This story takes place in June. I remember that we were late because we just finished feeding up at noon. It is June in South Louisiana at noon. Temps are already in the upper 90s. As we turn off the highway to the parish road, our barn was right on that intersection, there was a man in a flannel shirt and blue jeans sitting right on the intersection. He was sitting Indian style on the scalding hot asphalt with a can of Coke right in front of him. He never looked at us. He just looked at nothing.

Immediately my dad said that dude looked exactly like a cousin of his that died many years before this incident. The dude's mom was on drugs while pregnant and he came out messed up and, among other insane things, would sit in the middle of the road out in the sun during the summer with a can of Coke.

The last place we fed our heifers was next to the house the cousin grew up in, which was built by my great-grandfather. We pulled into the side drive of our barn that runs parallel with our old fig tree and the loading chute. The time from seeing the random dude until we parked was only seconds. When we got out of the truck, nobody was in the road. There was no place for anyone to go even if he had five minutes to escape. There was no sign of him anywhere and it appeared that he never was there in the first place.

The incident was experienced by both my dad and I. When I would ask him about it, he always told me to shut up and quit letting my imagination go, yet we both experienced the exact same thing. I can honestly say that this was my first apparition.

Other hauntings by CountingCoups

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CountingCoups, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Haunting_Marie13 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-28)
Your title reminded me of Lana Del Rey songs. Blue Jeans and Cola. Lol weird. 😜 😁
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-09)
Hi great read. I wonder was it an anniversary of his death or similar?
As for your dad. I know a dad that used to move irrigation pipes around potatoes. Blue lights used to zoom in on him. He used to run the paddock mile. And one night his words were shut up too. Old farmers have their pride and secrets.J
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-09)
yes! I can't wait to read your next story, make sure you useful creativity and choose an awesome title like this ones. Even if you don't that's fine, I just want read your next story. Till Then, have great life. 😊
girl25 (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-07)
CountingCoups you can watch Les Revenants the returned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bv_5IBPVuo
Also,something similar happened to me few years ago. I saw my uncle (the brother of my father) that died from cancer. I was walking on the street and I saw my uncle sitting inside a cafe with other older men drinking their coffee. He was looking at me and I just continued walking, I did't do anything, maybe it was someone else like him. The strange thing is that when he passed away he was deformed by his illness and when I have seen him again after some years he was like alive and well.
CountingCoups (5 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-07)
I'm not a cop. I wish I became one, but I prefer my slightly higher pay scale. I'll tell y'all in my next story.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
CountingCoups,
Yup those 50 million other People beat you to a title that is not as good as yours, anonymous doesn't give away the story, so that's good. Hey I hope you post those other experiences you mentioned in your comment, i'll definatly read them, I'm interested. You said you busted a guy for smuggling mojo, are you like a cop?
CountingCoups (5 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
Thanks everyone. Drinking Coke is an old tradition in the South. As to the title Sam222, I originally went with "The Man in the Road", but 50 million other people beat me to that one. Haha. I had an experience in my church's cemetery just before a double funeral a few months back and one 2 weeks ago before and after I busted a guy smuggling Mojo. I have other stories too and I'm kind of wondering why so much goes on around me.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
CountingCoups,
Well, I'll agree with you that, that act is pretty insane (dont know why he need the coca-cola though), I mean I've taken leak in the middle of aMain road like that but that's Anjou as insane as I'll go. I feel sorry for that guy though. Yeah I'd say it was an apparation, its the only reasonable explanation I can think of.
By the way, I like the title you choose it really caught my eye, it sounds so colorful and classic, but new and fresh at the same time. Great Story, Great Title, Thumbs Up. (I'm definatly going to fav. This one and show it to my friends.)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
CountingCoups - I wonder what purpose your dad's cousin had in showing himself at that time, if he had one at all. Or if it was just a place where he was at peace during his lifetime 😕 Lots of thoughts, provoking other thoughts, that are nothing but speculation on my part LOL

And I too have family members who would like to avoid all conversation having to do with what they saw/heard, and prefer to pretend that they didn't see or hear anything 😉
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
CountingCoups- Great share. Not everyone deals with paranormal the same way. I have a friend (boB) that has experienced several moments from my stories. He however does not want anything to do with it. It's his way of dealing with it. Not even in discussion. I respect that and make a point not to bring old or current activity up.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: