You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Attacked By The Dead

Real Ghost Stories

Attacked By The Dead

 

This happened to me a while back. For as long as I can remember I've always had feelings if something bad is going to happen I would have this strange feeling or if I meet someone and get a bad feeling I can easily pick up on why. I don't know why. I'm just like that. But this experience I never understood it. Why did it happen?

For a long time when I was younger I always felt like someone was watching me and I always had a bad feeling from it. I started getting used to it and would just ignore it.

I've always had experiences but this one was the worst. I remember waking up in the middle of the night because I felt someone sit on the edge of my bed and that someone or something was watching me. I instantly got a really bad feeling, I never had before or can I describe it, all I know is that it was a horrible feeling. I slowly open my eyes and I saw a black figure sitting down on my bed. I couldn't see its face or hands just a black robe and it had its head turn towards me.

I was scared, I was shocked but I got the courage to tell it to go away. I called it bad words and I mean everything in the book. I just turned around and went back to sleep trying to ignore it.

Then a while later I felt the same feeling but this time I felt like something was next to me standing up. I turned around and opened my eyes and the figure was standing up looking down on me. I felt a pressure on my chest. It was trying to choke me. I couldn't scream, I couldn't say anything. I was trying to scream out for my mom to come in the room, I couldn't.

Finally it stopped and I yelled as loud as I could for my mom. She came running in, turned on the light and asked what was wrong. I told her.

I still remember the look on her face until this day. I had red marks around my neck and scratches. I couldn't believe it. I was trying to brush it off like it was just a dream but clearly something was trying to hurt me that night. Until this day I don't know what it was or why it was trying to hurt me.

I never saw it again and I hope I never will but if anybody has any answers to this, please leave your comments.

Other hauntings by beautifulSoul

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beautifulSoul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

beautifulSoul (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
thank you everyone that commented. And thank you for your advice.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
This experience could either be a case of Sleep Paralysis OR an actual 'attack' from an entity...

The human mind is a very powerful thing and it is possible that if the 'nightmare' of this being standing above them 'seemed' real enough then the red marks and scratches 'could' have been manifested by the brain reacting to a situation it 'thought' was really happening.

Granted it is a slim chance, but from the way this was related by the O/P it seems the experience was a 'one off' incident and it is something that needs to be considered. Without more information OR more experiences with this same 'entity' it's just too hard to tell.

Respectfully,

Rook
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Hey there,

This sounds to me like you have "Sleep Paralysis", kind of what Teeejayyy said. Sleep paralysis is where there is a part of your brain that wakes you up, making you think that there is something there to get you. But, since the rest of your body is still asleep, you cannot move - hence the paralysis.

Although, I cannot explain the red marks and scratches you received. At first I thought you might have accidentally inflicted them yourself in your sense of panic, but then, I realized you couldn't have, because of your paralysis.

For all I know, you really were attacked. If you were, have your house blessed. That is the best advice I can give you. 😊
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-08)
Well, the op said he has physical marks on his body from the attack, and his mother was in the room within seconds of the attack. It dosnt sound like it was sleep paralysis even though the symptoms sound similar.

Many people report being unable to move, or feeling pain when assaulted by an unknown entity's. If they could suck our energy or super charge us, causing a short in our system, it could produce the same symptoms, rendering our muscles temporarily unable to move. We are basically running on an internal electrical system.

Im glad you were ok and have not been visited again. A scary situation. Thanks for sharing!
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-11-07)
I don t think this is sleep paralysis. I myself have experienced it, but sleep paralysis doesn t include physical wounds. I advice you that you ignore these entites, lessen your fear and bring more courage. Entities feed on fear, the more you have it--the more they attack.
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-07)
But people, sleep paralysis, doesn't involve any physical wounds. Mentioned clearly that, scars and wounds around the neck, I suspect, it should be a intruder and not ghost. If it is a ghost, you couldn't be alive until now.
loopycute (2 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
What you came in contact with was a shadow person. Shadow people can be very dangerous and very scary. Shadow people usually like to connect with children for they are easier to intimidate and very easy to persuade to believe they are good friends of them. They like to hurt and like to see people miserable. Its a great thing it did not bother anymore. And I know some will tell me I'm crazy but I know what am talking about. Believe me I know.
Joremjas (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
This is sleep paralysis. Yes there is a scientific explanation to that. But the truth is, this is my own opinion. "When you are sleeping, from a deep stress, your body needs a full rest". Yes, your body rests but the spirit isn't. For it to be full rest, your soul needs to go out of your body so your body can rest 100%. Soul see's soul. Human see's human. The reason why Some people experiencing sleep paralysis couldn't move. It's because they are still now used to controlling there own spirits. This always happens to me, before I can't move. But after more than a decade experiencing sleep paralysis, I was able to move inside the room. But not until a black spirit always watching me or in front of me waiting for it's chance to invade my body if i'm not around. All my ex partner saw that Black shape demon always on top of me. And they are all freaked out, I was just smiling at them and telling them that, you need to get used to it. That's the demon trying to invade me.
Teeejayyy (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
I read the following in among comments in another website. I thought it might be helpful for you? "It sounds a lot like you are suffering from a condition called Sleep Paralysis. Ever hear about those old stories about hags and demons that sit on your chest and squash you in your sleep? Thats what sleep paralysis basically is, it is a real scientific condition that can explain a lot of these strange things. Basically, you've only partially woken up, but you're still in a dream, and people in this state often feel a presence come into their room, and come very close, and often feel a pressure (like it sitting on them or choking them). They cannot move at all, as their body is still physically asleep. It can't hurt you, but it is very scary."

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: