You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Strong Presence

Real Ghost Stories

A Strong Presence

 

I am a firm believer in ghosts, spirits and the supernatural but I have never really experienced anything like that until the past couple nights.

A little description: I live in a three bedroom townhouse the rooms are upstairs. In the one room is my son in a crib, the second are my two daughters on a bunk bed and the room I share with my husband. Our living room, kitchen and dining room are on the main floor.

Night 1:

I had fallen asleep on the couch watching a movie. When the movie was over the loud credits woke me up and within a couple minutes I heard my son climbing out of his crib. He called down the stairs and asked to come down with me. I told him no and he started to cry saying he didn't want to sleep alone. I told him to go sleep on the bottom bunk with his twin sister.

I started dozing off again but within a few minutes I was woken up by my son screaming. He was yelling that there was someone in the room. I got up and went to the stairs, which at this point he was already halfway down. He was so terrified he was shaking. I have never seen any of my children that scared before.

I told him it was the cat (at the time I thought maybe I saw the cat run down the stairs), that he must have gone in the room. I calmed him down, put him in his crib and turned the hallway light on for him.

The next morning he was talking to me about it but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't think it was the cat. He rarely ever goes upstairs and if he does it's only during the day when the kids are downstairs. I brushed it off thinking he must have just been falling asleep and imagined something (although the fear I saw in him was unnerving).

Night 2: I was putting my daughters to bed, my older daughter was up on the top bunk and the younger one on the lower. My younger daughter had been acting out that night so I sat there for a few minutes to talk to her and explain it was bed time.

As I talked to her I felt what I thought was my older daughter coming down from the top bunk (my back was to the ladder). I didn't feel the bed move or hear it creak as she came down, and it was odd to me because she came down very quick (she's slow at the ladder) and she seemed to almost float down. I could feel her behind me staring at me and although it was a little unsettling I was too focused on disciplining my younger daughter.

When I got up and turned back around she wasn't there, she was still up on the top bunk. The presence was so strong though, I could feel someone behind me, someone staring at me. There was no emotion to the presence and I didn't feel scared.

I know nothing physical happened, I did not physically see anything, nothing physically moved or was misplaced, I did not hear anything that wasn't there. But I know something has happened, the fear I witnessed my son have is nothing like I've ever seen and I have never felt a presence like that in my life. I was never looking to come in contact with anything like this, I've always just been sort of interested in it. In fact I never really imagined something like this happening to me.

I'm just wondering what anyone thinks it might be? We have lived in this house for 3 and a half years and never has any of us experienced anything like this. No one close to us has died, both incidences were in the girls' room. We did buy the used bunk beds recently but it seems weird to me that a something could be attached to something like that.

I would be interested in having more encounters, too learn more about what's going on. Is there anyway of attracting a ghost to make them come out more? At the same time I am nervous, I don't have much experience with anything like this. I am looking for any input.

Other hauntings by eetanam

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eetanam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Whodat (42 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
I remember an episode of the old Unsolved Mysteries show with Robert Stack (love that guy) where the house was haunted by a wicked poltergeist that was attached to a used bunk bed the family had bought. If I remember correctly, they moved to another house to try to escape the spirit, but it followed them. The only way they got rid of it was to burn the bunk bed. Hopefully your case isn't as bad. I know it was just a show, but supposedly it was a documentary of actual events with interviews of the real people.
Joremjas (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
Always pray before going to Bed. Sealed the room with bunch of prayers. (depends on your belief)
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
I believe lady glow and marinnenir are right you should have the home cleansed just to be safe, you don't want anything to advance and hurt the children. But I do have a suggestion for you if you want to know what the entity looked like then ask your son if he can draw a picture of the person or thing he thought he saw. Hope everything gets better sincerely kaykay3313
Marinnenir (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
lady-glow is hella right. If I can add my few cents... I know there are people that are alright with 'non revealing' presences as I call it. No emotion, only staring etc. I myself learned, that although not all are negatives, many of them already are and they observe people for a reason. Cleansing is best, ignoring it. Ewentually telling it to back off or tell what it wants (only if nothing else works...)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
Better safe than sorry!
Even if it is tempting to communicate with whatever it is in your house, it wouldn't be a good idea if you are not sure how to do it... You could bring in something worse.
The best thing to do is to perform a cleansing of your house according to your personal beliefs.

Keep us posted.
Caz (342 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
eetanam...I think spirits can become attached to pretty much anything, my advice for now would be to be careful what you wish for! You don't know what you're dealing with here and it did terrify your little boy after all!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: