You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dark Presence In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Presence In My Room

 

This happened to me back in January 2016.

One night I was on my laptop watching videos on Youtube when I came across the trailer for the Conjuring 2. I decided I'd watch it just to see what it was like since I'd seen the first movie. After I watched it I googled about the Enfield Haunting. I came across an article and read it. After I read it stuff in my room began to move by itself on my corner unit. I could hear and see my things being moved. Then the atmosphere in the room changed and then I could feel something stand in front of my corner unit. An image popped into my head of a tall dark shadow figure. Whatever it was totally terrified me and I don't scare easily. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and I was frozen in my bed I couldn't move because I was so scared. After a few minutes it was gone.

That didn't last too long because after a few minutes it came back. That's when the loud tutting sound started to happen. It was coming from the ceiling and it was really loud and fast, like nothing I've ever heard. Usually I would hear a sound from time to time, it sounds like a loud and fast ticking clock. But this was very different. This sound went on for a full thirty minutes but I felt very uneasy and uncomfortable being in my bedroom. I had to get ready for bed so I finally managed to gather up the courage and get out of bed. I still felt really uneasy and managed to get ready for bed but I was terrified I was going to be attacked.

I tried to go to sleep but I was so scared, eventually I managed to fall asleep. The next morning when I woke up the atmosphere in the room was gone back to normal and whatever was in my room the night before had finally left. Thankfully it has never come back nor do I want it to.

Other hauntings by DarkAngelx91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkAngelx91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarkAngelx91 (11 stories) (21 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2017-12-18)
lady-glow - Trust me you shouldn't be jealous. I too enjoy watching horror movies and paranormal documentaries. I definitely won't be reading that article again and I don't want whatever that dark presence near me ever again.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-29)
I'm jealous! I live close to a cemetery, my mother-in-law's ashes are in my living room and I enjoy watching horror movies and reading paranormal stuff late at night, but NEVER, EVER any spooky-ness has happened to me.

Could you read the article about the Enfield Haunting again, but this time having your phone ready to film all that activity? I would offer to do it but it's proven these kind of things do not happen to me...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: