You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Shadowy Christmas

Real Ghost Stories

A Shadowy Christmas

 

This event happened when I was around six or seven. I am nineteen right now and pretty much nothing changed since then.

So it was Christmas and we gathered for dinner. It was my mother, father, sister and aunt. I remember being a bit sick so after dinner I decided I should lay down for a minute or two and went straight for my room. After a while I seemed to have fallen asleep, my mom came in and asked me if I was better. I still felt pretty bad and so she asked me if I wanted to go sleep with her. I thought it was a good idea, my father changed places with me.

The next thing I remember was sitting on the side of the bed and crying like crazy, I was looking at my mom, she said that I woke her up just staring at her not saying a single word. Of course she got scared after the fifth minute.

After that I remember turning around so I can get up and there was a shadow just sitting on the chair next to the bed, it was looking me straight in the eyes. Even though I could not see its eyes, I knew it was looking at mine. I got so scared I jumped in my mother's arms. She asked me what was wrong I told her that I see something on the chair next to the bed, I couldn't stop crying. I looked at her and behind her was another one just walking in and out of the room and it was not stopping. The fireplace was still burning and on top of it was one more shadow. It seemed like it enjoyed the fire, just floating there no sound, no nothing. Just black mass like smoke in the shape of a man without a face.

They didn't look like they were wearing any clothes, they seemed very skinny, they were perfectly shaped. My mom didn't stop asking me what was wrong, why was I crying. I couldn't speak I was so terrified. The three shadows didn't move a lot or anything they just stood there silently looking at me, waiting.

After awhile my father came in asked the same questions, tried to calm me down. In the corner of the room was sitting a big Christmas tree with no lights on so he thought it would calm me if the lights are on. After the lights of the Christmas tree lit, one of the shadows sitting next to the bed jumped like it got frightened and went straight in front of the tree blocking the light. It was like it was trying to stop me looking at them.

I could see that my aunt didn't want to enter the room or so I thought. Maybe she was just keeping my sister from entering. The thing is, I remember I got more scared from the lights of the tree than the shadows themselves. After awhile they just vanished as they came. I was so tired from all the crying I just passed out. I don't know if my mom asked me more questions or she just tried to avoid the questions I asked so she wouldn't scare me.

Since then I still see in the corner of my eyes little black shadows just running on four, but when I look that way nothing is there.

I have another story, I'll write again in time. Thanks!

Other hauntings by SleepyOwl

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SleepyOwl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-28)
Perhaps they were the three ghosts of Christmas? 😜

I agree with Spockie, after all you were not feeling well and it might have been a bad dream; still, it must had been a horrible experience for a little kid.
Have you seen an eye doctor? It is always a good idea to discard the possibility of any health issues before assuming something is paranormal.

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forwards to read your next story.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-28)
Thanks for sharing your experience, it must have been terrifying for you at that age.
Regards
Mack
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-28)
Do you think you might have been running a high fever and hallucinating the first incident? If not, then it sounds as if you might have shadow figures and imps in your house. My advice is to try to ignore them as best you can. Do not acknowledge them or try to communicate with them in any way because somehow this strengthens them and things could get worse.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: