You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Multiple Strange Happenings In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Multiple Strange Happenings In My Home

 

This is going to be a fairly long post, so I'll give you some background first. I'm a believer although I try as hard as possible to debunk things or come up with theories as to how something happened. Also, I am a real night owl, I sleep from around 6am until 2pm, basically every day.

My patio backs on to a really small yard, which is all fenced off, which backs onto a natural forestry that has a creek and such behind it. I have neighbours either side of me, both of which are elderly (I live in a residential street that doesn't have many houses, the blocks that actually have houses are old people. I'm one of the only people under 60 apart from my parents). This whole neighbourhood was built on aboriginal property, but this house was only built about 15 years ago. I've been living here for 8/9 years now, but there were no prior incidences in this house. It's ground level, one story, and has concrete under linoleum floors.

First story, just a minor detail I suppose.

I had a few VERY spiritual friends. I actually lost most of them after they claimed my house was either evil or haunted, and then refused to come back. The others stayed friends but refused to ever come into my house after staying there once.

Second story, an actual "haunt".

I was about thirteen when this happened, but I still remember it and it still freaks me out. In my house, it isn't "uncommon" to hear footsteps around the house, even when home alone. It was about midnight, and there were really loud footsteps, when the smoke alarm went off. I was too scared to move, and so I didn't. I think at that moment, I would rather have burned alive than face someone wandering the hallway outside my bedroom. The footsteps kept getting louder, but they were so calm, it was unnerving. They stopped right outside my door (I'm at the end of the hall) before I heard the sound of someone grabbing the doorknob. Then they just let go. I couldn't see any light under my door, but I heard them walk off. It sounded like an easily 200lbs person in work boots. My family consists of me, my mum, and my dad, but nobody owns work boots.

They walked off again until it sounded like they were around my kitchen area. The fire alarm stopped, but the footsteps continued for what was easily another five minutes, then they just stopped. No walking out, no doors opening, nothing. I sat up in bed, still trying to make no noise, and just waited. A couple minutes after, my mum's bedroom door opened, and I heard her walking towards my room. She came in my room and asked me why I was walking around at night. I told her what happened, and she told me that she didn't hear anything other than footsteps, but assumed it was me because my dad was still in bed.

Unfortunately, due to a medical condition, my mother's memory is almost non-existent, but she did remember this up until around two years ago. It still scares me to think about, because I just remember being so frightened. It almost felt like the thing was waiting for me to open my door, or trying to find me. I still don't know what happened with the fire alarm. It's closer to my mum's room than it is mine, so she should have heard it first.

There are also multiple times when me and a friend have heard whispers or talking from the next room over, even though there's been nobody else in the house. I've woken up with strange bruises that haven't hurt, and I seem to always be seeing people in my peripheral vision. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Other hauntings by cirice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cirice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
I thought of a fireman for the work boots too. Also forgot to mention the 'spiritual friends' sound like utter wimps, jumping to fanciful conclusions and running for the hills like that, tisk tisk.

Ah Biblio, it's Christmas, I'm 'round me Mum's. Been copping flack from non-believers, urgh. Really, really not fun.

Merry late Christmas all, heh.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-29)
Greetings, cirice, and Welcome to YGS.

Some thoughts:
1. Am I the only person whose mind went "Fire Alarm + Boots = Fireman" while reading this?
2. You've lived in the 15-year-old house for 9 years; who lived there previously?
3. Had there been a fire (no matter how minor) during the previous occupant's ownership of the house? I know that I've set off our smoke detectors while frying bacon, so there may not even be an insurance claim record on your property, but it can't hurt to ask.
4. If the entity/spirit/manifestation did not enter your room, but your mother did, I presume that the door was unlocked and some other factor prevented the individual from entering. Do you have religious icons, art, or protective objects (dreamcatcher, warding stones) in your room? Even if you have no belief in them, some are quite pretty to contemplate.
5. I don't understand why your friends thought your home was evil. Evil, true evil, requires intention; most of your descriptions would be accounted for by residual haunting phenomena or (as Rook suggested) by poltergeist phenomena. Did no one articulate what he/she thought was so evil about your house? That in itself strikes me as very odd: no descriptions of coldness, pressure, headaches, dizziness, nausea, difficulty breathing...nothing? How "sensitive" are they, then, if they can tell that someone/something is present and leap to the conclusion that it is evil without giving you a rationale? They certainly weren't sensitive to your feelings! Perhaps you could inquire of one who has remained your friend for more information?

Sidenote to Tweed: up late? At your mum's house? I thought you were Stateside at the moment; are you returning to Blighty via Oz? Has your mother moved to the US, just to confuse the messages you post?

This has been a stressful holiday week; I think I'll have an early night so both of you may reply to my questions without any more confusing blather from me.

G'night.
Biblio.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-29)
Let's start here...

"I had a few VERY spiritual friends. I actually lost most of them after they claimed my house was either evil or haunted, and then refused to come back. The others stayed friends but refused to ever come into my house after staying there once."

Of the individuals you are still friends with have you ever asked them WHY they will not return to your home? Saying a place is 'evil' is really general AND being 'sensitive' individuals what they 'felt' may...MAY...have been caused by High EMF levels... But without knowing WHAT they experienced there is NO WAY to determine 'WHAT' they experienced nor what caused it.

Second: Did ANY experiences happen BEFORE you started Puberty? OR is there a High amount of STRESS in your household... I do not mean to pry but stress levels and or Poltergeist activity may be the cause of the sounds you are hearing.

Here is an odd question... The sound of the work boots... Were they 'clomping' around on your linoleum floors OR was it the sound of work boots on a wood floor... Or the sound of work boots outside stepping heavy on the ground (I understand you heard them in your home, just outside your bedroom door but what did they really sound like?)

Respectfully,

Rook
Matchu (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-29)
Thanks for sharing! I have heard foot steps as well my grandparents own an old home built in the 1790's it is two floors but the top floor wasn't used or safe and I would hear steps coming from the top floor through out the night. I too am a night owl I go to sleep around 5 am to 1 and since moving to this apartment getting close to a year ago have seen a lot of things out of the corners of my eyes aswell. With the footsteps its sounds risidual not sure if id call what your experiencing evil. Did any of your spiritual friends elaborate more on what they were feeling to come to that conclusion? Has the noises whispers and footsteps escalated in to more thanks again for sharing your experiences
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-29)
Hi Cirice,

I'm staying at my Mum's place at the moment and she always hears footsteps and things being moved around in her home. But the reason I'm replying is that a few nights ago a fire alarm outside her bedroom went off for no reason. She was in bed asleep and says she didn't hear it. I was up late pottering around and can attest there was no smoke or fire. I assumed a bug had crawled across the sensory section of the alarm, as they can set them off.
There were footsteps and things going bump in the night before the alarm but, and not to sound like a weirdo here, it's pretty 'normal' for her home and these ghosts don't bother her.

Also your Dad didn't wake up when your alarm went off. So now I'm wondering if you and I were the only recipients of the alarm sound. Had I not read your story I would be still thinking a bug was responsible for the smoke alarm, but now I'm starting to wonder. It's kind of weird that in both instances only one person heard the alarm.

After that night were there any fires in your area? Or had there been before the event? I'm wondering if the clompy work boots ghost was perhaps warning you of danger, since it only happened the once.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: