You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Runaway Motorcycle

Real Ghost Stories

The Runaway Motorcycle

 

My name is Jane. I was born and grew up at Sabah Borneo. I have been reading the stories here and decided to write my own experience. I'm not a very good writer so here goes.

It happened in 1998 when I was 16. I was on the phone with my then best friend Mel. But first let me describe my house. I live with my parents, siblings and grandfather in a two storey house. My grandfather's room is at the ground floor while me, my siblings and parents' room is at the second floor. Our house was located at a top of a hill and at the front house next to the road is my grandfather's small rubber plantation. This road was the only road used in our village and because our house is at the top hill there is no nearby house from our house. So it is quite lonely and the tall rubber trees adding to the eerie feeling.

Now back to my story. It was around 8pm when my best friend called me on the house phone (back then we don't have cellphone) to discuss about our coming exam. The phone is at the ground floor living room and next to the phone is a window which overlooks the road and I like to look out from the window while talking on the phone. During this time I was alone at the living room as both my parents is praying rosary at our second floor living room and my grandfather is asleep. My brother is having a shower while my younger sister is in her room.

While I was on the phone with my best friend I can hear a motorcycle sound coming from the bottom hill. So as always I look out the window to see who it was. The motorcycle sound is quite loud as if the rider is having trouble handling the machine. When the motorcycle is in view and it reach right in front of my house suddenly it gives a loud roar and flip on its rear tyre throwing the rider off. The rider stands up immediately and run towards me with horror while screaming for my grandfather for help. At this point my grandfather and parents was rushing to the door as they heard the distress call from the rider.

The scary weird thing is when my grandfather and parents went out to the front veranda, the rider (which is my uncle) just came up running from the bottom hill. At this point I ended my phone call with my best friend and frantically told my parents I saw clearly my uncle fell from the motorcycle and ran towards the house screaming for help. But my uncle shaking from fear said it was not him and told us when he was on his way home, after passing the village cemetery he felt his motorcycle getting heavy as if the motorcycle is running on its own. At first my uncle tried to control the motorcycle thinking it is broken but when it start going up the hill on its own my uncle felt scared and jump from the motorcycle on the bottom of the hill and watch in horror his motorcycle going up the hill on its own as if someone was controlling it.

When my uncle finish telling us what happened, my sister with pale face told us she saw the motorcycle run on its own before it fell from her bedroom window (we can see the road from the room window). After hearing my sister, my poor uncle ask my father to send him home using our car leaving his motorcycle on the road.

The next morning my father went to take the motorcycle and put it in our garage for my uncle to collect when he is ready. My grandfather said maybe my uncle got across with a playful spirit while passing the cemetery and the spirit decide to give my uncle a joy ride. Until now I'm still puzzled who I saw that night riding my uncle motorcycle.

Thank you for reading. Sorry for the bad writing.

Other hauntings by jane_lee

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jane_lee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
otteer... I doubt the spirit is a past worker of my grandfather's because my grand father managed the plantation by himself and sometimes by my parents (its not a very big plantation)...however, when I ask the history of the land, my grand father told me that the land (infect the village itself) was first open or established by my great great grandfather and his brothers. Before that the land was a dents jungle.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-06)
Oh my, that would have put me over the edge! Thanks for filling that bit of information in, it makes more sense now. A specter taking over a motorcycle... How creepy! I wonder if it was a past worker (now deceased) of your Grandfathers plantation... Thank you so much for sharing this!
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-05)
hi otteer... Thank you for reading my story.

I didn't saw him disappear as once he is on our veranda I can't see him through the front window. That is why I was shocked and confused when I saw my uncle came from down hill.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-05)
Crazy experience! Just wondering, you saw the rider stand up and then run towards you, shouting for your Grandfathers help, where did he go? Did he disappear before your eyes? Trying to figure out when you lost sight of the rider as you had such a clear vision of the outside and road. Looking forward to hearing this bit of fill in information.
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-03)
Hi Sheetal... Thank you... Since that day my uncle refuse to ride his motorcycle alone after 6pm... He still rides his motorcycle (with his wife or friend) but not so often as he bought a car...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-02)
Hey jane this is simply a spooky story... I can understand your fear... Have your uncle ride that bike again? Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-01)
Hi thank you for reading my story...

Loneybone...actually there is another happening before this event... But its involved a car...

Antu... Yes this is the only time my uncle experienced this (he refuse to ride his motorcycle alone after 6pm after this incident until now...)...and the 'person; I saw really looked like my uncle... After my father send my uncle home... I ask my sister what she saw and she said she really did not see anyone riding the motorcycle... The motorcycle just run on its own...

Hi Tweed... My uncle is not a motorcycle enthusiasts... He only use the motorcycle because its the only transportation he own that time... From what I remember the 'rider' scream for my grandfather after the motorcycle crash while running towards the house (I can see clearly the riders face because I was right in front the window facing the street)...when my grandfather and parents went out to the veranda that's when I saw my uncle running from the bottom hill...
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-31)
Hi Jane, and welcome 😊

I know a few motorbike enthusiasts and they're much like your uncle. All of them have road stories of idiots trying to outdo them, or race them on the road. There's a really immature mentality around road safety and it seems if you're into motorbikes, or certain cars, you attract competition from reckless idiots. I suspect the person you saw that day was a ghost and thrill seeker out to find another thrill.

Oh wait, do you mean the rider screamed to your Grandfather for help? Or did you call to your Grandfather?

A friend of mine witnessed a bike accident years ago. He was waiting at the lights in peak hour traffic. A motorbike came at full speed through the intersection, crashed into a car. This hurled the rider and bike in slightly different directions. The rider landed hard on his back a short distance from the bike. The rider was completely still, on the road for a few seconds. Then the rider sat up straight, and yelled 'ME F&*^ING BIKE!' and collapsed again.
My friend had to wait for ages while paramedics and police did their thing. He said paramedics covered the bike rider very shortly after arriving. From this it seems the rider had enough last bit of energy/shock to sit up and yell directly before death.
I recently saw a fictional bike rider death on TV which included similar details. Had I not known about what my friend witnessed, I would have assumed it was part of fictional drama. But I did wonder if the writer or director had prior knowledge of such occurrences and how common they are.

Your story reminded me a bit of this and perhaps it's indicative of reckless motorist psychology. Perhaps a death, like the one my friend witnessed, may confuse an individual, who doesn't understand they're dead.

I would like to know if the rider called for your Grandfather, because, if he did, this shifts the perspective somewhat.

Thanks for sharing, this must have been very weird to experience!
Antu (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
Jane, was this the only time your uncle had an experience such as this? I would be curious too if other people had experiences with the same cemetery? I agree with Loneybone though, I don't think this was a well intentioned spirit, and it seems you actually saw the spirit while your sister did not. I'm not quite clear though, if the rider you saw who was on the motorcycle when it actually crashed, looked just like your uncle? It would be helpful to know that.

Thank you~~Antu
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
Wow great story thanks for sharing I would just be so scared if this happened to me. You gave a great description. I understnad that some ghost want to be playful but to me it seems like this ghost saw an apportinity and was trying to be hurtful and controling. Has anything else happened before? Or after?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: