You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Went In The Bathroom?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Went In The Bathroom?

 

It happens on September 1997, I was 15. My eldest cousin is getting married at the end of that week and the wedding reception will be held at my aunt's house which is located downhill from my house. It was a very busy week for us. Every preparation was done by all our family members (siblings, cousins, uncles, aunties). Everyone was very excited as this is the first wedding in our family.

I remember it was a few days from the wedding when I, my big brother, younger sister and youngest sister (we are six siblings and I'm the eldest daughter) were cleaning plates, glass and spoons from my mother's collection at our house before we bring it to my auntie's house to be used at our cousin's wedding. It was only four of us at the house at the time as the rest of the family is at my aunt's house.

While we are busy drying the dishes I felt someone pass by at my back towards the bathroom (our bathroom is combined with the toilet) and heard the bathroom door closed and locked. I ask my big brother (he is facing me) who just went in the bathroom and he said he only had a glimpse of white shirt before the bathroom door is closed. We just let it pass thinking maybe one of my cousins has come to help us and went straight to the bathroom first.

About 15 minutes pass the person is still in the bathroom. My brother starts to wonder why he/she is taking so long and call out to the person inside the bathroom but no respond. My brother went to the bathroom door and knocked but still no one answer. My brother starting to get annoyed, thinking one of our cousins is playing a prank, and he really needs to use the toilet. He bangs the door louder still no one answer.

At this point, me and my sisters starting to feel something weird and told my big brother to stop banging the door. My brother stops banging the door and decide to peek in the bathroom. Our house is an inheritance from our great grandfather to our grandfather and is still in its original design (my great grandfather design and built the house) and every wall inside the house in every room is not connected to the ceiling leaving a gap including the bathroom.

My brother decided to peek in the bathroom through the gap so he used a ladder and was halfway on the ladder when our cousin David arrive and seeing my brother on the ladder. He ask what's going on and I told him what happen and he too felt something is not right and told my brother to peek in the bathroom. My brother went up and peeked in the bathroom. The rest of us staring at him and he turn to us and said no one is inside with a puzzled face. My cousin, not believing my brother, told him to get down and he went up to see for himself. He too, with puzzled face, said no one inside but the door is lock. We use a bolt lock so it is impossible for the door to be lock by itself from inside. We don't feel scared at all but curious as who went in the bathroom.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by jane_lee

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jane_lee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

haunter (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
Ohh, so now do I get it... Thanks for opening up... I guess it's just me not being able to take that fact, which I should have already... -jane_lee 😁
With Regards
Hayden aka haunter
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
Hi Hayden aka haunter... I didn't saw who went in to the bathroom because I was facing the other way (the bathroom is at my back) but I do felt someone pass me to the bathroom... Its impossible anyone merely passing through that way because there is no other way out...

Hi Lady-glow...there is a chance if a young, slim and agile person to get out of the bathroom via the gap but still that person have to climb at least 2/3 meter to the gap and my brother would immediately spot that person on his/her way down from the gap (without any support to get down that person have to jump down)...there is a few incidents we would see someone went to the bathroom but this is the first and only incident we experience the door is locked...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
Is there a chance for a young, slim and agile person to get out of the bathroom via the gap between the wall and the ceiling?

If this was the only time you experienced something like this, I wouldn't discard the possibility of one of your relatives playing a prank on you.

Thanks for sharing.
haunter (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
well now that is weird... I mean, if you did feel like anyone/ anything going into the bathroom shutting it back... Are you sure you saw an apparition or just had a guess of anyone mere passing through that way?... Just thought of it...anyway, hope you'd cooperate...😁
With Regards
Hayden aka haunter

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: