You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Passing Through My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Passing Through My Room

 

Date: circa Summer 2006

I cannot remember the exact date but all I know was that this encounter in particular was in 2006. One night I had turned the TV off and was trying to get some sleep. The moon was bright lit on this night and it was a clear sky, but I had the window blinds closed tight so the moon wasn't really shining in the room. I was just dozing off good when I heard a strong gust of wind blow against the window. I thought that it was getting windy outside and maybe a storm was coming, but it was strange because that was the only gust of wind. It didn't really even sound like "wind" per se, but more like a strong "pressure" against the window, if that even makes sense. I didn't think anything of it so I shook it off and tried to doze back off to sleep.

A few minutes later I heard the sound of very slight shuffling of something on my dresser. There were a couple of cans of body spray and a small pile of papers up there. The noise sounded as if someone brushed against one of the spray cans. I opened my eyes to see if anyone came in the room and was over by the dresser but I saw no one. I was startled slightly but I attempted to doze off once more. There was this slight strange feeling in the room but I wasn't really even thinking about it enough to really be aware that anything was wrong.

A couple of minutes later I heard the doorknob click as if someone turned it slightly and let it spring back and snap. If the noise on the dresser wasn't enough to get my attention, that noise sure was. I laid in bed for a minute trying to think what the hell was going on and then finally got up and went out into the rest of the house to see if anyone else was awake, but I found that everyone was asleep. After that I laid back down and eventually went off to sleep without further interruption.

It wasn't until the next day upon waking up that everything really started to sink in. It was just a very unsettling feeling when I thought that it was maybe a spirit passing through my room. The mere thought of the way it entered, with such pressure against the window, really got me to thinking.

Other hauntings by Dee-J

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dee-J, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-05)
Greetings otteer!

The "flex" sound that I described is very intriguing indeed. Even being 10 years ago, I still think about it and I get goosebumps each time.

As far as the popping sounds you mentioned, you are right on. I have had many experiences in my home where we (my parents and I, mostly my dad) would hear this loud "pop" somewhere in the room, mostly always near a window, and it always seemed to have this "presence" behind it as if someone made a grand entrance into the room. Like you said, it sounded as if a spirit "broke" through the dimension.

Under normal circumstances a house is going to pop as it settles. As a matter of fact, as I type this now I am hearing popping noises at my bedroom window, but it is the house settling. It does this every morning. Getting back to the point though, those popping sounds we heard were always different from the normal occurrences, and we knew it would be a spirit (s) because soon afterwards we would feel a cold spot and a presence around. It was very freaky. We had some strange shiat to happen in our house.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-05)
Thanks for sharing... I too am intrigued with the "flex" sound of the window... I know exactly what you are describing... Have heard it many times but with the wind behind it of course lol. I have heard that spirits can produce an audible "POP" sound when coming or going, which I'm guessing is from a change in pressure in the room as they break through the dimensions... Lol sounds crazy doesn't it? Anywho, enjoyed the story!
Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-02)
Tweed: I'm glad that you enjoyed it. It was one creepy experience, mostly during the afterthoughts though. Like you said, it was one of those cases of hearing things go "bump in the night"...LITERALLY.

Don't feel like you're a weirdo for being fascinated by "strange feelings". As scary as it can be, I also find myself being fascinated by them as well. I guess it's just the thought of feeling the power of the presence of spiritual energy that's intriguing. Getting to the point thought, the strange feeling I felt in the room at the time was kind of hard to explain. The only way I can describe it was that something in the atmostphere just felt kind of "off".

The thing that got me about the pressure against the window was the fact that it showed that the spirit must've been very strong, or in other words, it had a lot of "energy". To know that fact really had me on edge. As I said in the story, it was VERY unsettling, but again, it was after the fact that I really started to think about it.

I have experienced A LOT of spiritual activity and felt presences in my home over the years, but that was the only time I actually experienced anything like that, as far as how the spirit entered the room goes. By far it wasn't the scariest experience I had, though it was pretty eerie.

I don't think it was a malicious spirit. I think it was just a wandering spirit that was passing through my home and was plundering in my room a bit. To this day I am still curious as to what it did in the rest of the house. Everyone else were asleep at the time so I was not able to get any reports of strange activity from them.

Back then I didn't have a set time that I would usually be sleep. I cannot remember what time it was that the even happened but I want to say somewhere between 1 and 3 am.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-31)
Hi Dee-J, thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed this. 😊

This reminded me of hearing things go bump in the night years ago. Although I don't remember hearing anyone in my room, more the rest of the house. I know that slight strange feeling you mean too! These days I'm quite fascinated by that feeling, weirdo that I am.😆

The pressure on the window is mighty intriguing, can't say I've heard or felt anything like that. I guess its pretty safe to assume it's where the ghost came in through. You know cold spots and such? Maybe the coldness of a ghost reacting with temperatures in and outside gave the glass a weird reaction.

Were you usually asleep at that time of evening? I wonder if this ghost had done this before or after.

Great story!
Antu (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
Dee-J, I hope that was a spirit and not a run-of-the-mill creeper!

Antu

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: