You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Last Trick

Real Ghost Stories

Last Trick

 

After reading one of the stories submitted in YGS, it reminds me of an experienced I had eight years ago. Although nobody was locked in, but while I was reading the story my mind drift back to this particular event.

Back then I was working with an insurance adjuster company as a clerk. There is thirteen other staff in my workplace, which consist of six female and seven male which is the adjusters. We were very close friends and went out for lunch together almost every day. I can say we were like family. But the four persons that were very close to me were Alice, Anne, Don and Alex. We were like brothers and sisters, always goofing around even when in the office.

Alex likes to play jokes to everyone in the office especially me. His favorite is holding the door shut while I was coming in to the office. Our office door is made of thick see-through glass and his desk is right in front of the office door. He will do this to me every time without fail whenever he is in the office (he will take turn going outstation with other adjuster). And every time I will be furious with him for doing this.

Everything is normal in our office until one day my manager received a call from one of our clients informing us very tragic news. It was about 5 pm, 4 Oct 2009, we were informed that Alex had involved in a tragic car accident and pass away immediately on the scene due to severe head injury. We were shocked and sadden with this news. We were all crying we have lost a great friend that day. We were told his body will be arrived tomorrow after an autopsy was done and a memorial service will be held a day after.

The Memorial Day came and all of us attend Alex's memorial except for our account clerk Lily and one of the senior adjuster Ng who have to attend an important meeting. We were all heartbroken, seeing Alex's wife and two young children (five and three years old) crying, makes it worse. After the memorial is done we went back to the office. Finally the day ends and we went home.

The next day as usual I arrived to office early around 6.30 am. I was usually the first to arrived to the office and unlocked the door. As usual I take my keys out and unlocked the door but when I pushed the door it won't budge. First I thought I didn't turn the key properly so the door is still locked so again I took my keys out and start to unlocked the door but to my surprised the door is not locked. I push the door again still won't budge. I start to inspect the door whether there is something blocking it from opening but can't see anything. I locked and unlocked the door again just to make sure I have unlocked it and sure enough it is unlocked but every time I push the door it won't budged.

I was puzzled and doing the same locking and unlocking the door for almost five minutes. I was getting annoyed that's when I felt a light breeze coming from my office and at the same time saw a reflection of a man standing in front of me for just a few seconds than disappeared. I just stood there wondering what I just saw then realization hit me. I smiled with tears in my eyes. I know it's Alex playing his last trick on me. I push the door again and sure enough the door opens easily.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by jane_lee

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jane_lee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Thank you for sharing this very bitter sweet story with us. I believe your friend Alex really did hold that door shut one last time to say goodbye. ❤
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-14)
Hello Jan__lee
Sorry for your loss
It was very sweet that your friend said goodbye to you in such a personal way that it would leave no doubt in your mind it was him.
And as long as you remember those that cross over, they really never leave us.

Peace
Randy
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-31)
Hi, jane_lee. Playing a familiar prank on you was perhaps the gentlest way your friend could have chosen to say "Goodbye." He must have been a charming man. Thank you for sharing this experience with us.
Blessings,
Seraphina
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Jane that is so sad. Your buddy was in fact playing one last trick on you. If that was me I would of definitely been happy but at the same time would of been heart broken. I am so sorry about your loss, believe me I know what it is like to lose a good friend.
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hi Jane_Lee - Very sorry for your lost, may he rest in peace now.
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Hello SDS & Vintageglam... Thank you...that's what I think too... I was very sad and devastated that day and was thinking about skipping work but my mom change my mind and I'm glad she did...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Hi jane_lee, I am sorry for the loss of one of your good friends Alex. Well, I feel that Alex's way of saying good bye to you for the last time. It is not uncommon that the loved ones come back to bid farewell to their friends, kith and kin and love goes beyond the realm of life and death.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-27)
Awe, Sorry for your loss. Alex just wanted one last joke/goodbye to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: