You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Saved By A Premonition Just In Time

Real Ghost Stories

Saved By A Premonition Just In Time

 

This experience was one of my first and most memorable experiences with the unknown. For a little back story on me, I have a family history of "psychics." My maternal grandmother was a fortune teller and tarot card reader, and my paternal grandmother came from a family of Irish gypsies. Despite that, we didn't focus on these topics very much growing up, but I had heard stories here and there. Suffice to say, being psychic was NOT on my mind when this experience occurred.

I was 17, just graduated from High School, and was leaving my boyfriend's parent's house to go to work at around 7am. They lived out in the country in a forested area, but it wasn't too far from the city where I worked. I was driving down a windy country road -- the kind that has only one lane for each traffic direction and nowhere to pull off the road as there were steep ditches dividing the road from the dense trees. Despite this, the speed limit was relatively high so I was driving around 50mph.

Since I had just woken up and jumped straight in my car, I was in that liminal state between sleep and total alertness. Definitely safe to drive, but I have since wondered if the time of day had an effect on what happened next. I was just about to round a blind curve when all of a sudden I heard a voice say simply "A car is going to pull out in front of you." The voice was clear, calm, and distinct. I heard it very clearly but it was more in my head than in the car, although it was absolutely "out loud." It was not my own voice, that much was clear.

As soon as I received the warning, I slowed down drastically. Just as I rounded the bend, a pickup truck with an empty boat trailer -- thus making it that much longer -- pulled out of a hidden driveway and cut me off. I slammed on my brakes and had to turn the nose of my car off the road and into the ditch to avoid hitting it. By the time I stopped my car was teetering just above the edge of the ditch, which would have caused me to crash into the thick trees below. Literally there was not an inch to spare.

The truck driver jumped out and was visibly shaken. He kept saying "I could have killed you! I'm so sorry!" I had no idea what to make of the whole thing. A disembodied voice saves your life on your morning commute? I felt like there was electricity running through my body, every hair was standing on end. I sat there in my car for a minute or two and then went on about my day. So what or WHO was that voice? At the time I had no idea. Which is not to say I know now for sure, but a couple months ago I asked for some clarity while meditating.

I'm 29 now and often meditate. Not always, but often I have intense visual and audio experiences during meditation. After getting myself into a deep state, I suddenly asked "Who was it that warned me about the truck?" I had not planned to discuss this event, it just came to me in the moment. All of a sudden I was transported to a wooded area -- a forest -- with shadows jumping around on what looked like platforms near the treetops. Something came forward and said "It was me!" Next I asked "Who are you?" And it responded clearly saying "I'm a guide!" Not sure why the next question popped into my head, but I asked "Did you choose me or were you assigned?" Whatever it was, this happy shadow, laughed and said "Assigned!"

To be clear, this was a very intense meditative experience for me, and actually the only time I've ever had a Q&A session while mediating. So it's not as if this happens to me all the time. I got the sense that this wasn't my "primary" guide, just something that lived in the forest and was in the right place at the right time.

What do you think? I know very little about the concept of guides or guardian angels, or whatever they may be. All of the questions I asked just flowed naturally in the moment. What are guides? Who are they? Is it even real?

Other hauntings by chel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
I can relate to your experience. When I was small I had similar experience. We were about to get into a bus and while getting into it, I had this awful feeling that we should not get into it. Immediately after few seconds my elder sister said we should not get on the bus because she is feeling we will have an accident but my father scolded her and we got into the bus which actually met an accident.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
Mac, yes it's interesting stuff, I think it's somewhere in Einstein's theory of relativity, that if two people where at a different distance apart in the universe and both were still, they would be in the same time zone, but if one of them starting walking away from that location they would jump x amount of years into the future and then when you take a look at the science relating to intangible particles and the experiments associated with them, two particles on the opposite sides of the universe can somehow defy the speed of light and move simultaneously once they have been split.
So there is some factual science supporting the theory and one of the greatest mediums of all time, who ironically spoke from his sleep state. Remember what we were talking about the other day with the domino analogy...

I think it's beyond our comprehension to fully understand these other dimensions and just what we are capable of when we are in them, I think some people still fall for the illusion of time which is entirely understandable... It would be impossible to see the future if time were real in the sense of what people think it is... And then you only have to take into consideration premonitions and precognitions... Which is like flying in that helicopter of yours over a peak, there are a stack of accounts here already, of people either sensing or seeing the future, so basically we can do it from 3d land anyway... Imagine having the skill to exploit precognitions to a level of watching one for a lengthy period of time or motion in a dimension were the laws of physics are off the chart compared to our Newtonian principles based in our Macroscopic condition's and limited understanding of these dimensions out of sight.

Regards Daz
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
Daz - I have also heard the theory several times, but not from Cayce, that sometimes we are fully aware of the experiences we will go through before we incarnate, and in some cases we actually seek out those particular experiences in order to grow spiritually.

That theory may be hard to swallow for those having a rough time of life, but I don't think we always choose our experiences and others argue that reincarnation is not a reality.

I've also heard that we can sometimes choose our parents and know who our siblings will be.

All very interesting stuff 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
Um Daz Physic? Really? 😆
I know I am an old soul. In part because when I was 12 I was on a ship that was several hundred years old at Mystic Seaport and when I touched the ships bell I had a vision of having served on that ship and dying on that ship. Now the ship may have been a replica but I don't think so but even if it was the bell was original. I have had touched other things and had visions of earlier times.

As far as getting a preview of the next life you are going to live I have severe doubts about. I'm not going into why but let's just say my reason is solid.

Regards
Red
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-26)
Chel, I should add something else in regards to guides and why we are here and why the look over us and I know you have had some bad luck in your life so hopefully this might cheer you up a little and this is really based on my own thoughts and some of those from the greatest medium of them all Edgar Cayce... We basically have these earthly experiences to grow and develop more spiritually. Some of us are having our first incarnation and others are old souls. I think the more physic you are, the more likely it to be you are very old, sorry ladies... We have some sort of contraption that I believe is called a transducer, placed on our spiritual mind that basically blocks out all of our previous lives and memories.

The giggle from your guide lends a clue from my interpretation, you two may know each other quite well from a previous life, he/she may have been a brother/sister/mother/father or even a good friend. I hope you go on to have a very long and fruitful life, most likely though, when you do return home, this guide will greet you and as the transducer on your mind fades away, you both will probably have a a good giggle and hug, as according to Cayce, we sometimes sit down before our reincarnation and plan our lives before taking the task as there is no time only a probabilistic future, we can watch a preview of our life movie, before we enter into the world for our experiences.

Regards Daz
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-26)
Hi Chel

Great story, thanks for sharing.

A few years back I was driving home from a show put on by a fairly well-known medium. During the show there was a lot of 'electicity' in the atmosphere and it was very full on.

I had been in my car two minutes when a very loud voice with a thick Indian accent "shouted" at me (inside my head) : "MEDITATE! MEDITATE!"

I remember it vividly because it wasn't from my mind, yet was in it. I assumed it was my guide, or someone who cared about my fate and felt it was very important that I should meditate.

Regards

Mack
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-26)
Hi Chel,

I had a similar experience. Coincidentally, I just submitted it to this site a couple of weeks ago. I had a voice yell at me in my head, but I chose (consciously) to ignore it. My decision to ignore it caused me much guilt for many years.

I think that it is definitely a guardian of some sort. I don't know anything about this other than the other stories I've heard that had voices yelling in someone's head were all related to events which could have been, or were, tragic.

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm so glad you had a good outcome!
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Hi Chel

This was a great story and one I can relate to. I have also had quite a few experiences of a loud voice that is in my head, definitely not mine, but very clear. Not too long ago I was about to pull out of my driveway at home and the loud voice said ' NO WAIT!' so I took my foot off the pedal and stopped. A few seconds later a little boy who lives next door ran out onto the road chasing a basketball. Had I not stopped I would have turned right and straight into him. I am assuming it is one of my guides but I have never been lucky enough to make contact with them.

I agree that it sounds very much like an elemental spirit/guide. Perhaps you were in the right surroundings that day, the forest, so you could hear it. That to me opens up a heap of questions like can certain guides only make contact with you in certain situations? Do they need to be in a particular surrounding to be with you?

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed this story. 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
I absolutely enjoy reading these types of accounts, this one will go in my favs... Ok, where do I start, because you are asking why and what or who are guides?...have you ever heard of that old saying, our lives are mapped out? Well literally they are but in space and motion, there is no time, each and every one of us, have our own probabilistic future to play out, it's like watching a movie, there is a beginning and an end and in the now (present), we all exist with free will, or better known in the scientific community as quantum entanglement. Our physical plane, is not really home, we only think it is, because we are none the wiser... On the other side, lays all the answers to our existence and friends or members of our soul familys of whom we don't even know exist,"THEY" watch over us, give us a bump at times to keep us on the path, nothing worse than a blackout half way through a movie, just when it was getting good right?... I understand the giggle from your guide, trust me when I say this, you know that guide better than you think and most likely in one another reality, you were there guide... Hearing the voice, we don't need vocals chords on the other side, communication is transported via telephathy, did you really think you were using your vocal chords when you met up with your guide in this field. 😉...Guides are basically members of our soul family, who hang back a lifetime to watch over us, just like we do for them.

Thank you for sharing, Daz.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Hey Chel this is quite an interesting story! I enjoyed reading it...
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Hi Chel,

Very powerful experience thank you for sharing it. I would like to address the part of your experience where you were taken to a wooded area where you came in contact with the guide/spirit who helped you that day. I'm thinking that it could have been an elemental spirit since where the event took place and where the spirit dwells is surrounded by nature. It's so strange when that voice comes out of nowhere and yet you listen as if you are compelled to do so. Guides and helpful spirits are around us all the time, I don't know why or how they are there but I'm just thankful they are watching over us. And I'm happy yours was there for you that day. 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Chel: Hi there! There are a few points I'd like to touch on that hit home with me as similar experiences.

The first is "the voice". I had a similar experience on my way to work one morning. A pick-up truck in front of me was hauling an extremely large (full) water tank, and we were approaching a red light. The tailgate was down, so I changed lanes to avoid being behind him. When the light changed he took off and that damn water tank slid off the truck and plopped right smack dab in the middle of the road where I would've been 😆. Although I didn't hear a voice, I did say to myself, "Nope, ain't hangin' behind this guy!"

The second one is what really interests me. Your description of the jumping, frolicking shadows. How would you describe their size? I don't like to plug my own stories but you can read about this experience of mine in one of my accounts:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=13004

I'd like to know if my description is at all similar to what you saw?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: