You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Truth Shall Set Us Free

Real Ghost Stories

The Truth Shall Set Us Free

 

I had an episode of sleep paralysis last February 8; I discussed it with Mom about it when we were having lunch a day after that. I asked her if she had experienced sleep paralysis because she's not the type of person who tells you everything unless you ask her to. So I asked her, she asked back. What is sleep paralysis? I chuckled a little. I told her what is it and I told her I felt something inside me was 'going out' every time I experience sleep paralysis. She suddenly remember her paranormal experience that happened a year before I was born. This has nothing to do about sleep paralysis; she just remembered her experience out of the blue. And I want to share it to YGS.

My Mom is the youngest with seven siblings. They weren't born rich. Only my aunt (the 7th), let's call her Aunt Lauren, was the only one who finished college in the family. Aunt Lauren was working in Japan when their father died some time in 1992. My Mom followed Aunt Lauren to Japan few months after his death to work as a singer. They lived together and this is where it began.

Mom comes home before dawn from work and Aunt would leave for work in the morning. So Mom was always alone all day. She felt being watched every time she's left alone in the apartment that they rent. She doesn't feel threatened, though she's naturally a scaredy-cat. She asked Aunt if she feels anything unusual when she's alone in the apartment, she answered no and thankfully, Aunt didn't ask further.

She'd often dream of her father sleeping beside her like he was sleeping as well. Sometimes, she would dream seeing his feet laying beside her head and her father's head was beside her feet. Sometimes, she dreamt that Grandpa was standing at the foot or at the side of her bed staring at her. And lastly, and the most terrifying was, she dreamt of her father lying across her body with the very same bed she's sleeping in. She would always feel scared every time she wakes up. Because, as I've said, she's a scaredy-cat that even her Dad is no exception. Even though she knows it was only a dream, it felt real.

At this point, I asked her why Grandpa visited her often in her dreams after she left our country. She knew the reason why. Grandma asked her not to tell Aunt that he died because they know she'd come home and it would cost so much money to come home and return to Japan. She endured Grandpa's visits for a year and it came to a point that she couldn't take it anymore. So she told Aunt the truth. They both cried. They mourned. Lit a candle, prayed for his soul and bid their final goodbye.

Few days after she told Aunt the truth, it was afternoon; Mom was tired cleaning the apartment and she instantly fell asleep on the couch right after she lied down. She dreamt of Grandpa kissing her forehead while she sleeps on that couch and left a letter and then left. She has never seen him again.

Other hauntings by Mhannerism

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mhannerism, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Zeromaru,

This is supposed to be heartwarming, but from my Mom's POV, it felt like her Dad's going to take her with him due to fear! 😆 I was containing myself from laughing while she's telling me her experience because she sounded like she's still scared!:D

I agree, it is hard to part with our loved ones, I can't even imagine my parents and my siblings would leave us. 😢
He rested even before I was born. Must be the reason why he doesn't visit any of us. But I'm glad that he's in eternal peace.

Thank you for reading!

Mhanne ❤
Zeromaru (guest)
-1
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
This, I think is supposed to be heart warming
It is sad to part with your loved ones and surely would be a hard time...
Let him rest.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
spiritwaiting,

Wow that really boosted my confidence as I am aspiring to be a writer. Thank you!

Mhanne ❤ ❤
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Mhanne,
I understand your mothers point of view very well. I used to get scared easily as well 😆.Bumps in the night, scary movies etc etc. Lol at her bringing water to her room, I get it!
And no negativity here, you write it as though she was sitting right next to you telling her events:).
I am putting this into my favs!
Thanks for responding back
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Hello, spiritwaiting!

I'm glad that you enjoyed this! I was afraid this is going to be taken negatively because I thought it would be better if Mom herself wrote it for a better point of view. She really gets scared very easily! When she found out that the house that sits right beside ours was haunted, she literally took the water dipper to her bedroom so she wouldn't have to go to the toilet every midnight to pee! 😆 😆

Aunt jokingly blamed my Mom because she didn't told her about Grandpa right away.:D

You're welcome and thank you for reading!

Take care,
Mhanne ❤
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Mhannerism,
Thank you for sharing this incredible account from your mother.
I enjoyed very much reading this.
I was giggling as you described your mother being afraid 😆.
I can imagine her 😊.
Your grandpa was most likely coming to tell your mother,"Hey tell your sister, so I can move on"!:) I'm sure from how you describe everything (which is great), he didn't mean any harm. He just needed her to know he was no longer in a physical body.

Thank you for this wonderful account.
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: