You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Truth About What No One Will Speak

Real Ghost Stories

The Truth About What No One Will Speak

 

For years I have doubted and questioned my own visions, feelings, and experiences. I over analyze and try to find a reason or cause to discredit my own sightings. I am finally ready to share some of these experiences, as I feel I may be losing my mind. The home I live in now is over 100 years old and is incredibly haunted. But my story starts way before I moved to Cuyahoga Falls.

This first story is the beginning of what I am not sure exactly I would call it. This scenario is indeed more of a psychic story, but it seems like ever since this incident is when the ghosts started following me. This is why I feel compelled to give you the back story, maybe it may have relevance, or at least make sense to someone; as it doesn't to me at all.

One time after looking over and spotting a deer on the side of the road; my mind sucked into its reflection of it's eye and I was in a semi truck drivers mind, seeing what he saw. Suddenly he puts his arms up over his face (also my own at this point of view) and there is the deer, many of them, in the road. Next instant I am filled with sorrow, back in the darkness of my own car, knowing that I witnessed the last seconds of that man's life. Two days later, the accident on 250, the fatal one of a truck driver after trying to swerve and rolling his truck...

These Instances don't happen too often. They are not intentional, controllable, nor wanted in all honesty. I don't claim special powers, nor would I want that responsibility. I have enough stress in my life without adding a million strangers' problems too.

But this is the tough part, I have an issue with ghosts. Everywhere I live, places I have gone, even had one come home with me once! I do not speak to them, I am terrified of them, and try very hard to pretend I don't sense these things. Often times I think I perhaps imagined them, or was dreaming, even though I know I am only lying to myself.

Two years ago I moved from a house in the Falls, but not so downtown. The first time I met my ghost, I was downstairs in my basement room, waiting for my boyfriend to get home. I was leaned over washing my face or brushing my teeth or what not. Then all of the sudden, someone grabbed my butt. I instantly thought my boyfriend was home, but I didn't see anyone in the mirror. Then I looked behind the door, thinking he was hiding. I searched everywhere, but no one was there. I checked on the kids, who were all still sleeping. I sat on the porch freaked out until my boyfriend finally got home. He wasn't sure about my story being believable, but he knew I was shaken.

For whatever reason, this ghost enjoyed playing jokes on us. He would put random objects in the middle of the floor when no one else was around to do it. Things would go missing for a week and "magically" reappear where it had originally been. I named him Bernie. I don't know if he told me his name or what, but somehow I knew that was his name. Sometimes I told him to leave me be and he was scaring me and then nothing would happen for a week or two. Then one day he really just didn't come back.

My next encounter was a little scarier. I went to the Mansfield prison for the Halloween haunted house. I had this eerie feeling the whole time that I was waiting and it was even stronger in the doorway. There was a strong, angry force telling me not to come in. As I walked up the steps of the inside corridor, I knew that there were angry spirits and I wanted to turn back so badly. But I kept going. The craziest part is the dumb props, and random things they had set up did not scare me, the cells and the prison itself were so terrifying though.

Then I got this odd feeling of sadness as I walked down one hallway. I no longer had the fear I felt when I came in, just this heavy sadness and oddly felt I knew where I was going even though I had never been in that building before. I couldn't speak. I was completely silent the rest of the "tour". We walked back to the car and I still could not speak. I sat looking out the window and suddenly I saw it.

MY reflection was that of a black man, and I am riding in a white van and was looking out at bright blue skies and the greenest grass I ever saw. (Mind you in reality it was night time and I was sitting in a dark green cavalier.) I could feel the deep sadness and fear, but knew it was not my own. I could hear in the distance my friend asking if I was OK, then again if I was sleeping, but I still had no voice. I was fixed on that grass flying by as I was heading toward a desperate situation out of my control.

Suddenly, I am in a cell, not floor level but up higher, almost level with one of the small rectangular white slots that you cannot see out but light tries defeatingly to shine through. I feel the pain, I see the blood, I see my arm as it lays outward, hanging out the cell bars. I am dying. I cannot do anything but pray for forgiveness of my sins and be glad to be released from this hell that was so long my home. I am still silent. I tell him in my head, "its okay. Its over now. You can be free from that terrible place. But you have to go home, you cannot come with me." I heard a thank you in a deep, whispered mans voice. Suddenly I can move my feet, speak and it is all over. I know it was not a dream, I never went to sleep. He used me to be free of the hell his soul lived in for so many years. And then he left.

Finally this brings me to the present, my current home.

Downtown Cuyahoga Falls is historic town where native Indians and settlers followed the river and started building. There is a lot of stories about crazy murders right down the street from my current house. The town is now turning 200 years old this year. Who knows what occurred on the grounds before this house was built, or what occurred in the 100 years after, but I don't feel they were positive by any means.

I have had a lot of crazy experiences, and it seems like its getting stronger. I think they are mad that I don't want to acknowledge them. I don't speak to them, I pray that they will leave me alone. I never talk directly to them. I have heard a child laughing, and screaming. I feel like something is just lurking and following me on the stairs. It sometimes feels so strong I literally run down the stairs.

I have seen a figure standing in my room, though I was alone. As fast as it was there it faded away. Sometimes I am sure someone is looking at me in the shower. Our house is very old, and very cold. But there are times when it is so ice cold in areas, even when the heat is on. Leaky windows? Sure, I thought that too, only this truly isn't the case.

My kids and I have heard footsteps up and down the stairs and they walk for hours sometimes. My boyfriend just recently was walking down the stairs and saw a shadow and it was not his own and was hesitant as he was walking right through it. And he is SUCH a doubter and logical person. Even he had to admit it was out of the human realm.

In the last year especially it has really seemed to be making a presence. What is starting to freak me out are the awake dreams. I know there is some kind of paralysis disorder and sometimes I question if I am losing my mind or not. But its always as I am trying to fall asleep and after last night I now know I am not dreaming. The first experience was when I was sitting, yes sitting on my couch. I wanted to nap but my daughter was home sick from school and sitting next to me.

The next thing I know, there is a little girl, dressed in a dark, old fashioned dress, with a white smock or over layer dress, I don't know what its called. And she has dark short hair and is ANGRY! She is standing over me with an ax held above her head. And I am trying to yell, scream, trying to move. I know Taty is sitting next to me, I can hear the dang TV but I cannot move, and finally I said a prayer and it went away and my daughter was looking at me terrified. Was I asleep? I was trying to yell, she said she could see me moving and trying to yell but couldn't. I was not asleep.

The next time this happened, I was lying in my bed wide awake, knowing I needed to get up early and wishing I could sleep. All of the sudden this man is standing in my room, old farming clothes, white, long face, staring at me, no expression but I feel his anger. He won't let me move! I felt like I was in a trance and could not move. I tried, my feet and hands were numb, I tried to stop and relax and rationalize what was going on, but his force pushing me down was hurting my chest, making my breathing so difficult I started to panic. Finally I started praying and yelling to god to make it stop and let me up. And eventually, I could.

Last night I had what I believed to be proof that none of these previous events were dreams or imagined out of "paralysis hallucinations". I was trying to sleep, just watching some stupid show on Adult Swim. I cannot sleep in the dark and in silence due to what I hear and see. Then it happened. I felt the weight, the paralysis, still hearing the show on TV, looking at the clock 12:41 am. I try to move, try to pull out of the trance, this terrifying awake dreaming. The presence is close to me, he is so mean and angry, yet he says nothing. My heart is racing, I remember from a TV show about this to say "I am Kimberly" over and over, trying to create a protective aura around myself. But it isn't working. I try to move my eyes, my hands, my body. There is this humming vibration, it is so deafening its hurting my ears. It is moving my body, yet I still cannot feel it myself. The humming is so vibrant and harsh it makes it harder and harder to breath. The force above me is relentless despite my terror. I am freaking out now, praying to god, yelling in my head to him for help. Finally it ends.

I look at the clock, 12:42. I was definitely not asleep. The show is still on the same show, same stupid storyline. I was awake, and terrified. I reached for my phone next to the bed to call my boyfriend, I was too scared to move. Finally I decided to just go downstairs and tell him but the heavy presence on the stairs made me run down as fast as I could, I felt like I was being chased. When I got to the bottom he was sitting watching TV, and looked at me and laughed and I realized he wouldn't believe me anyhow.

And now it is today. What will be next? What do they want from me? Why do they keep bothering me? I don't like this anymore. I want it to stop.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, an9e1eyz24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AshCat (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-13)
Hi! First off from reading your experiences I certainly do not think you are crazy. In fact, you seem to have an incredible (intense) gift! I am so sorry that your boyfriend doesn't believe you. Sometimes others choose to turn a blind eye to what they cannot comprehend. I believe these spirits are very attracted to you because of your gift, like bugs are to a porch light. Just as in life, not all are too nice or even know what is going on with them. I would suggest doing some research or obtaining a book on how to better control your abilities. Your prison story was absolutely incredible and very touching. That man you helped will be forever grateful to you for the peace you gave him. Truly beautiful.
ozer0 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
How interesting. You know, we have a lot in common. I have the same psychic experiences as you do. You are psychic you know. Ok, they follow you and try to talk to you and notice them because you KNOW they are there.
an9e1eyz24 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
Oh, and Kitsune, your post really made me feel better. It was very compassionate and comforting.
I contacted someone from our local historical society trying to find the history here and maybe have a better understanding of who it is that is struggling here. Turns out she is not only a historian but a paranormal expert, so she is very interested in my situation and helping me! I am so excited! Thanks again for everyone's phenomenal advice and interest in my crazy life:)
an9e1eyz24 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
Thank you for everyone commenting. Lou, Sorry I did misunderstand your comment, I was surprised someone on here would insinuate I am crazy lol. Thanks for the prayers and advice. Last night I finished reading comments and said a prayer and went to bed. For the first time my room felt like a bedroom and I was not scared. I feel compassion for the ones who cannot get out of our realm and I prayed they can find their way, but that they can't stay here. I don't know if it was all in my head or if that helped for the night, but I felt an inner peace I have not felt in years. Thank you all!
Kitsune (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Hi Rook, thanks for this. I have seen these instructions elsewhere on the site but was not sure what the shielding referred to. A relative of my husband's has just passed on and he has always hated the atmosphere in her house (he's sensitive to these things) so I think I have a responsibility to visit on my own if I can and try to lighten things, since no one else will.

An9e1eyz24, I have never commented on anyone's story here before, but here is what I'd do in your situation for what it's worth. I would find someone who is genuinely psychic and ask for their help in working out what is going on. Maybe get a second or even a third opinion if possible. Many of them know how to help entities cross into the light, or to clear them off to another place which is more suitable for them and less troublesome for those who live in the house. If you suspect you have a psychic gift yourself, there are people and groups which can help you develop them; the Spiritualist Church is just one. I wonder if you were close to having an out-of-body experience when you heard the humming and felt the vibrations, since this can be one of the signs.

My prayers are going out to you. Have courage and make sure that you call on the higher power you believe in, to protect you. Anything you do to draw light to yourself will help, and you could try Rook's shielding recipe or any of a myriad of others that can be Googled (or make up your own). Blessed be.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
That's alright Lou, I'll get you next time. And I agree, great minds do think alike! 😁

Jav 😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Jav,
I won... By one minute. Apparently great minds think alike.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
an9e1eyz24,
I apologize for not being more clear in my comment previously. It wasn't your mental capacity that I was refering to. I was worried that because it has come on so intensely and at such an accelerated speed, I was concerned there may be something neurolgical going on. There are cases where this has occurred and it turned out to be a tumor that had kicked it into overdrive. The experiences are still real, they just come much faster and increasingly more vivid in nature.
Once again, I apologize for sending the wrong message.

Jav
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Hi, Kimberely.

I wanted to clarify that my suggestion to get a clean bill of health was for your physical well being and not a subtle attempt at suggesting your experiences were a result of some mental disorder. I hesitate to say this, because it could be misinterpretted; but if you are worried that you are alone in your experiences, feel free to read my stories or those of several other long time posters here. Finding a way to battle, cope, or survive your sensitivity is what I think most of the long time posters are interested in helping others with. So please use us if you need anything. I consider myself an expert in nothing, when it comes to the paranormal; but I am experienced if in nothing else, learning to keep my head above water.

Take care,
Lou
an9e1eyz24 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Thank you Rook, I think your cleansing method may be exactly what I need. I have been afraid to do anything because I do not want to anger them anymore, or direct their anger to me.
I assure you I am mentally sound. I do not live an out of the ordinary life, I have a healthy work atmosphere and have a high rank in our company. I am a single mother of three and have always provided a wonderful life for my kids despite not getting child support and being too stubborn to live off the government. I am fine. Its the fact that some of these things I try so hard to find logical explanations and cannot, which makes me feel crazy because I am a logical person. I have done so much research into scientific explanations and reasoning for these occurrences and am just finally coming to terms with the fact its a power inside of me and I have to learn how to harness it and make the house and environments I am in more comfortable instead of living in constant fear.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Kitsune,

It's pretty basic really...I'll post the whole thing and 'break it down' and 'cut out' the parts that are strictly for the cleansing...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one is not needed if your intention is to just Shielding your home or yourself. (so subtract that...)

We are then left with this...

Open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.)

Anchoring the 'light/flame' you have visualized is the Key to this being a shield rather than just a home cleansing.

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection). Wear something comfortable... Something that makes you feel happy and or warm and safe. Once comfortable sit down and focus on the above instructions.

Thank you for asking, I hope that helps, or at least is what you were asking for.

Respectfully,

Rook
Kitsune (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Hi Rook, I've been a silent browser here for quite some time, just registered to make my first post. I notice that you've shared these home cleansing instructions with many people and am wondering what the "home shield technique" is that you mention. Can you link to any posts which explain this, or which give more info about ways to protect oneself and/or a building?
Thanks!
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Get a king james version of the bible and say psalm 91 and 71 three times before you sleep and when you wake. Get a bowl of white vinegar and mix it with sea salt and leave a bowl to evaporate in every room of your house. Also do not get in to bed in the same cloths you were out in the day in, they hold vibrations that spirits can use to track you. Also it helps me to picture myself at the foot of the Cross for protection. If you have any questions or want help feel free to pm me
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
This is the method mentioned, feel free to use it...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated,

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Kimberley,
Reading through your experiences just about knocked me to my knees. I am stunned at the level of hatred you are feeling from these entities. The fact that these things are happening in such intensity and frequency has me worried as well.
I agree with Lousslips about getting a thorough check up Include some of what has occurred lately as well. They don't lock people away for these things anymore, just in case that is a concern. But it is best to remove any doubts you may have about your ownwell being.
I had an experience many years ago that was somewhat similar to what you experienced when you visited the prison. Mine was preceded by some very intense episodes of deja vu. This all happened in the same day. I went from the deja vu all morning into the early afternon, followed by the intense experience, even to the point of looking in the mirror and seeing me, but not really me. Almost like a double exposure. It is frightening. It does make you question your sanity. But it was very real.
I'll have you in my prayers Kimberley. Please think about what Lou said. And let us know how you are doing. I'm glad you have reached out, it took me forty years to do that.
Thank you for trusting us enough to share this.

Jav ❤
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Kimberley,

I know you do not know me, but please trust me for a second... Have you been to the doctor about any of this? I do not believe you are mentally ill and that is not what I mean to imply. Your abilities are not imagined; but when I hear of people with the heightened awareness you describe, I start thinking there could be a medical complication which has kicked it into overdrive. I don't wish to be too nosey, but do you have some existing neurological condition, that you are aware of?
With regards to spirit activity, I do know where you are coming from. I have known many psychics and empaths through the years; and have only known a few who describe events as you have discussed. I do not wish to alarm you unnecessarily; but a clean bill of health, or otherwise... Is the first step in learning to deal with this.
Don't subject yourself to places with elevated levels of activity until you are better equipped to deal with it. There is enough activity around you, that you don't have to go looking for them.

Respectfully,
Lou
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
hey I think you are endowed with a strong sixth sense which is very rare among human beings. Let me tell you, even I experience some the same things which may be called as premonitions. But the degree is not high as yours. But to some extent I sometimes dream the incidents which are truly going to take place in the future. Sometimes it happens with me too that I'm unknowingly strolling in an unknown world where I see unfamiliar places and people offcourse. I can't say the reason exactly but I think its a sixth sense. You don't need to worry. But if its disturbing your life in a serious manner I think you should take some blessings from a religious person and involve Yourself in reading the BIBLE. I tell you BIBLE has the most strongest power against evil entities. It will surely drove that away from your life and home. Rest about seeing future things its just natural for some of them and very rare too. I should say that you are the lucky one to have that power in you. Just trust in God and keep some religious things like scapulars or Rosary with you always. This is surely going to work out for you. Its my experience. God Bless...!take care...
❤ TinAA
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Why not try Rookdigyn's cleansing method on this site? Ask someone to help you that's a believer and perhaps have some experience. Don't stop praying, you can see it works for you. Just BELIEVE what you say.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: