You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What's Happening In My Home?

Real Ghost Stories

What's Happening In My Home?

 

I only had one experience of my own until day before yesterday. (Moving Light is my first one). I would like to tell you this is not a single experience. It's actually a collection of weird experiences.

It all began on 5th of March. I was studying science for the examination. All of a sudden, all lights went off. It wasn't something to be surprised because electricity breakdowns usually occur in Sri Lanka. As it was daytime between 11. 00 and 1.00, I stayed in my room and continued studying. After I finished twenty pages, I closed my book and went out to take a rest. And as soon as I went out the electricity came on. I wasn't surprised by that either, thinking it could be a coincidence but I knew it was a bit weird.

On the next day I was playing a game in my laptop. I was alone and all doors and windows were closed. It was about 2.00 pm, there was no one home. After playing games for hours I decided to turn it off as I had to study for the exam. And again lights went off. And then I started to feel someone blowing cold air rhythmically on my back. I quickly turned around and there was no one.

On the same day I was watching HOBBIT 2. It was 1.30 am and I was really tired. So I turned off the TV and went to bed. It was too cold in my room (not ice cold but it was colder than the living room and hallway to my room) so I covered my whole body even my head. However I heard many noises in my room but couldn't realize what was making those sounds. I was really tired and was falling asleep. So I didn't want to get up and investigate.

After few minutes I felt something fall on to my head (I was sleeping on my stomach). I woke up thinking 'what the hell was that?' but I didn't got up or move my body. (I wasn't unable to move my body, I was just thinking.) And before I do anything, the thing moved... And it felt like a hand. I was frozen in fear. I couldn't breathe because of my fear. I just stayed there without moving and several minutes later, the feeling went away. I stayed there frozen for few seconds and decided to run and ran to the living room like 'Flash'.

And today 7th of March, my sister took a bath and after, I went to the same bathroom to wash my body. I was getting ready and at once the light bulb got dimmer and went off. I think there is something in my house. I am sure of that. I don't know whether this thing is evil or not but I know it is bothering me a lot...

Any suggestions? I would like to know them.

Other hauntings by BloodEman

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BloodEman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
BloodEman, I think there is nothing wrong discussing with your parents even if they don't believe.

Secondly, I live in Madras, India. Here also the power-cuts are common. But people in Western countries may not know about it. They are trying to help you. Understand it first. They are experienced people and they do advise you for your well-being and you still a teenager. And they give you advise because you asked for suggestions.

And if these things continue, it is always better that you discuss with your parents and others in the family and cleanse the home. Your parents won't call you mad. Perhaps they might help.

As far as your experiences are concerned, I advise you to maintain a journal.

The current aspect I don't think it's paranormal.

Secondly the room getting cold and you are hearing noises. But you said that the room was colder than other rooms. Just watch for a few more days. But whatever you have narrates was nothing harmful. Still maintain a journal and it something goes weird, do cleansing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Nandiinii,

Thank you for commenting. Hmmm...
I don't think my parents will believe this stuff. So I 'll keep it as a secret. It's better for me ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks...
Bloodeman
nandiiiinii (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-12)
You should tell all these things to your mom. And maybe it's just the exam stess. Don't worry everything will be alright:)
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
Dank,

Thanks Dank.

1. Ignore the electricity issues. I know how unreliable the grid is where you are. It is almost certainly nothing paranormal.

Yes I did the same since it didn't seem like threatening.

2...

No,I don't think so

3...

I don't sleep with fans on. They just make me sick instead of making me comfortable.

4...

Yes, I also agree

I saw some nightmares but didn't hear or see anything when I'm awake. Thanks for the suggestions. I do appreciate them too. ๐Ÿ˜‰
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
BloodEman, my first thoughts are the following:

1. Ignore the electricity issues. I know how unreliable the grid is where you are. It is almost certainly nothing paranormal.

2. You heard strange noises in your room and felt something fall on your head. Sounds like a small animal. Do you have any rodents in your home?

3. The cold air could be just eddy currents from fans or air conditioning if you happen to have it.

4. Exams are stressful. You may be oversensitive to things due to stress.

Either way, I would ignore this for now and focus on your studying. Remember to quiz yourself over what you read to help you commit it to memory. Just reading doesn't always get the knowledge in your brain like it needs to be without a little help from trying to recall the information.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-10)
Bloodeman: what Macknorton means is that first you should try to find a physical explanation for what is happening.
You admit that power outages are common where you live, -have you asked your neighbors if the power went off at their house too?

"I appreciate the information you have given me but I don't think I will be able to do all of those things. Because my mother and father will think I've gone mad."

You should try to do this cleansing next time you are home alone, instead of just playing in the computer for several hours.
Besides, I doubt your parents would get mad and take you to the Looney house just because you decided to do some cleaning. If anything they'd be grateful for your help. ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for sharing.
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-03-10)
Mack,

Why should I? I don't know whether you are serious or not but calling an electrician?๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-10)
Hi Gelflingfay,

I appreciate the information you have given me but I don't think I will be able to do all of those things. Because my mother and father will think I've gone mad... ๐Ÿ˜

But if things started to get any worse, I'll probably try them ๐Ÿ˜Š

I had so many nightmares in this week, but they don't seem to have any relationship with the expiriences... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for spending your time to help me...
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
Hi BloodeMan - I suggest calling an electrician. You may have some diabolical wiring in that house.

Regards

Mack
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
Well there is obviously something in your house. It might not be evil, it might just like you (in a creepy way), or perhaps like to just creep you out. But no matter its intention it is creeping you out and that is not ok. And it is touching.
You need to set boundaries. You need to say out loud in a stern, strong voice the rules of the house. Say in as much detail as you see nessacary what is and is not acceptable. Do not leave wiggle room. Tell it that it is never aloud to touch anyone or move things. Tell it to stop messing with the lights in the house or any other electrical objects alone. If it is friendly it needs to follow to rules and perhaps it can stay. And should do nothing to scare you or others. If it intends to cause problems or do harm it needs to leave. It was not invited into to your home, certainly not intentionally by you, and so it needs to leave. Say this with authority and still as much of the fear inside of you as you can. Open all doors, cubboards, widows, cabinets, closets, etc. And make sure the house is clean. Floors washed or swept, laundry washed and put away, etc. Take out the trash. Then burn the fragrant herbs of the local area used to cleans the spirits such as sage in North America, and so on. Some places burn cedar. Anyway, open everything after it has all been sorted and cleaned and starting from the center of the home work out the spirit by "cleaning" the closest, cabinets, under dressers, and tables every space with the smoke and always fanning out toward the widows and doors. Say what needs to be said over and over as you do this. It can be a very draining experience but worth it. After you have done this add a sacred, holy, or otherwise spiritual boarder to your windows and door ways to help keep it out. As well as to anywhere it feels stuck. Sometimes they cling to odd places or things. My daughter had one hiding under her dresser. If possible keep the windows and doors open for around 30 minute to around an hour. And leave the pungent herb buring in a fire proof dish in the center of the house and w everything open while it sits and burns for that e0 or more minutes. Make sure to cleanse every room in the house. Then burn a candle, others say it is to lead any spirits to "the light" I am not entirely sure about that, but if nothing else it seems to distract in some way and then burn something sweet or release a sweet fragrance in the air to change the feeling in the house.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
BloodEman - Google Sliders (paranormal interpretation). This could give you an explanation for the lighting situation in your home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: