You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Mysterious Singer

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Singer

 

When I was a child my mother used to bring me to a Jazz Café, there was an un-named band and I quite liked the female singer of that band. I used to call her Ms. Bessie and she would blow me a kiss every time when I and my mother will leave the café. As time passes, the band members were old and I could see some grey hair in some of the member's hair, I never felt that Ms. Bessie grew any older from the day I see her in that café.

I started to ask questions about the band as usual, my mother will nod her way to the kitchen going, "Yea, yea, the jazz band of the café... They were there since the first day we went to that café right?" I tried to get her attention that time, "No, mum! See the members are getting old right?" I chased my mother, "Yea? How old are you and think how long have we been having our afternoon tea there? Of course people will get old, silly, look at me at first alright?"

I stood in front of the fridge when she tried getting the supper ready from the fridge, "Look mum, there is one member whom does not get old at all!" My mother shook her head and asked "Yea? Who would that be? Is that the guitar player? Do you want a guitar?" (I have been begging my parents to buy me a guitar, but I never knew how to play it at that period) "No! It's not that mum! The singer! Ms. Bessie! She is always so young!" My mother started to laugh as if she thinks that I am tricked by a woman, and continued to prepare the supper. I got frustrated and went up my room.

The next day we went to the café as regular, my mother gave me a grin as if she was looking at me having my first date. When the band was on the stage I looked for Ms. Bessie, in regular days Ms. Bessie will wave at me and blow me a kiss, somewhat like some hot lady in some classic cartoons. "So, young man, where is your Ms. Bessie?" She asked as if she had never met her, "Mum, you sound like you had never seen her! She's that singer of the band!" my mother became scandalous and said, "Look, if you don't like this place I don't really have to come? Why do you have to lie?" I gave my mother a dubious look and asked "How do you mean lying?" The band started to perform as if everything was normal; a female voice started singing, "It's her! She is here!" My mother shook her head and waved the pay check.

I smelt her perfume and felt the warmth of her breath, a wind blew the backstage cover, and I saw was an old tape recorder, play button being pressed. My mother paid and stood up and walks away, "Are we leaving or are you going to tell your lies?" I told my mother "I never knew that it was a recorder, but those songs were sang by Ms. Bessie! I saw her! She sang on the stage!" My mother got fed-up; she brought me to the cashier of the café and asked "Hey, do you know who sings for the band on the stage? My boy is SO curious to know" the man looked at my mother amazed; "Ma'am, the singer, hmm... She had not come back since the war..." the man told us the history or the café.

The café was a pub and before the band, there used to be a female singer and a pianist. The 2 performed for the pub (I am imagining a scene in some movies of Marilyn Monroe), the pianist went to fight the war and had never came back, the singer died of a broken heart, which later the owner of the pub realized that she was the fiancée of the pianist.

The present owner had found some old recorder discs with only the woman's singing voice, probably recorded for the pianist for his practices and preparation. The owner found that the way the woman sang very attractive, he hired a band to cover her songs and tried many times to record the songs on a cassette tape but never succeeded. And so there is this band right now, with no sing performing the songs for customers.

The songs were indeed very original, all were arranged or rearranged by the band members, there were only 3 to 4 songs sung by the singer, but variety of the music was endless, some are very odd, but when time goes they become new songs, there sure were good songs during those classic days before the war.

Now that I know that Ms. Bessie might have been a person from the past, I would want to thank her for performing her songs to us until these days. Also, a special thank for the old talented band for rearranging all the songs, entertaining us making the song alive again. Good old song never would be forgotten.

By the way, I had never met Ms. Bessie ever since I saw the backstage and after my mother asked who she was. Till today, my mother will go to that café, but the stage is no longer there (that is what I have heard from my mother). She would still laugh and say that I used to lie about a female singer but was busted since it was just an old record disc. Did my mind made things up or was Ms. Bessie trying to tell me the story of the café?

I know sometimes a child can imagine lots of things but this, I still felt the present of Ms. Bessie, did I communicate with the spirit of Ms. Bessie?

Other hauntings by GoldenDragon1984

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GoldenDragon1984, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-05-03)
IDK if it's okay to comment on this old story but I was ROFLMAO reading all the comments. You people are hilarious! 😆
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-23)
Gosh! I can't believe I missed all the action; Well this story has gotten the attention of everyone as was the intention of the author before putting pen to paper. Thumbs up to the O/P for possessing good skills in creative writing.
Before I forget, if you really want us to believe you have issues with typing good english, try covering your tracks well bcos you don't fool me! Your mistakes are too obvious!
Have it in mind that mods have better things to do with their time but when things go bumpy like this they know exactly what to do!
Respectfully,
PB!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-17)
User-Unknown?! 🤔
Your writing style is as well known as... The Eiffel Tower!
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-17)
UserUnkown kind of smells like a donut... I've been smelling donuts a lot on here lately!

This comment from UserUnknown is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

L_Melb (220 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Good of you to at least try and 'fess up, however, I don't think any "confusion" was caused...
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
*ahem*, righto... Soo according to YGS this story is now written by 'KentH1123', who also happens to have your other submissions in their list.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=73686
Nicely done.

In all seriousness this is getting a bit old. Fun though it always is to whip out the bus, you take up too much attention and I'm sure the mods have better things to do. Also, I could be wrong, but I think the site admin has ways of banning trouble makers. Like for good. After months of this it would seem you're not going to change, you keep wasting everyones time.

I just refreshed the page because I had a feeling you'd quickly cancel the Kent account, which you have. Exactly the same as last year. I don't think you're interested in paranormal matters or believe in ghosts at all. You don't have any regard for anyone except yourself.

This comment from Zeromaru is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
TROLL PATROL UNIT: Jon Santa stopped feeding the troll on this story.
See you around!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
"...this is partly true, and partly fictionized since I was writting a short essay for one of my close friend."
-You must want him to fail his English class! 😆

This is such a lame excuse, specially since you are SUPPOSED to be a young adult... Why would you be friends with a grade school kid? Or are you one of those people who like fomenting laziness and irresponsible behavior in the new generations?

Anyway, whatever the case, shame on you.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
The number of times I accidentally posted my school work online... Oh wait... The internet didn't exist when I was at school...

Mind you, with some modification this could make quite a run wee twighlight zone episode
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Hmmmm, this last literary version of Swiss cheese from our friend Zerofact... I mean Maru was just a bridge too far.

Rook you pondered how fast the bus can travel? Well at this rate it doesn't appear to have enough time to get any decent speed up before it's stopping again to pick up more passengers! 😆
Zeromaru (guest)
-1
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Sorry I meant Roger that

Spiritwaiting
Thank you! Reger that
Zeromaru (guest)
-1
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
spiritwaiting
Thank you! Reger that 😳

Lady-glow
I will bring my Mate tea set, am I welcome too?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
lady-glow,

I prefer éclairs.

Just how fast do you think the Miss Demeanor can go? She is, after all, a Double Decker, Troll Patroling, BS Blankie Tossing, Party Machine. She's already been stretched and strengthened to accommodate the Dance Floor, Sound System and Upper Deck Hot Tub, not to mention the top flight Bar and 5 Star Kitchen/Grill.

Puff

(Aka: Rook)
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
LOL! Lady Glow, I posted too slow and missed your comment. I'll bring a flask of hot Arabica.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
aaannd don't write drunk, don't make crap up, etc

Spiritwaiting, pretty sure I speak for loads of people when I say this, the bus has passed through on this (I strongly suspect) repeat offender for, what half a year or something? It's pretty chronic. 😐
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Oh gosh! This story is heading into a very well known path!
After work I'll stop at the donut shop and buy a big box of DONUTS and Boston creams... Who volunteers to bring the coffee?

Rook: easy on the curves, I don't want to spill hot coffee on my lap.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Zeromaru,
Ok I have a few ideas that may help with your publishing your experiences.
You say you write them down, and keep all records of them.
Before you post them, make sure you remember the encounter/experience.
SO when we do ask questions, and want to know more, you can answer without anyone feeling as though it may be false.

If you can't remember the encounter/experience don't post, just keep in your private collection.

Thank you again for sharing, and commenting.
Spiritwaiting
Zeromaru (guest)
-2
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Tweed
Thanks for understanding and I hope you will be reading my other stories as well in the future 😊
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
No surprises there.

*moves the planchette to 'goodbye' and closes the session properly*

At least there's no yellow snow this time. 😉
Zeromaru (guest)
-4
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Tweed
Oh,sorry again, just a little over emotioned 😐
I need to calm myself down abit... I will be off for awhile.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
This was in a general context:
"...any fiction will always be found out. By you or anyone, or anyone posting under another name for dubious reasons."

Your response suggests prior knowledge:
"And just incase you are doubt I don't own another account or I am not the person that you think I am..."

Who specifically would I think you are and what brought you to this conclusion?
Zeromaru (guest)
-4
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Tweed
Thank you.
I am not trying to fool anyone, what's the benifit anyway?
And just incase you are doubt I don't own another account or I am not the person that you think I am... Me is me 😕

I do believe that spirits exist, because there is so many ways and so many different religions I do not want to push too much on what I think those are, that is one of the reason I share my stories here. Ghosts, gouls, demons, I am not sure, but I am sure that spirits do exist.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Zeromaru, you've gots to know there are plenty here who are psychic. With that in mind it'll be hard to fool everyone all the time. As a result, any fiction will always be found out. By you or anyone, or anyone posting under another name for dubious reasons.

Just 'cause I'm curious, do you believe in ghosts?
Zeromaru (guest)
-2
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Tweed
I will and always was honest.
It might be an accident, I keep all my records and stories before I post them... After my story about the new hospital, which also confused a lot of people... 😕
I will be more careful. 😭
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Show an interest in the paranormal and stick around by all means, this is a great place to learn. Just be honest. That's all we ever ask, simple.
Zeromaru (guest)
-4
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Manafon1

Thank you for commenting, and I appreciate your "respects".
I am starting to think that this is not the place I should share my stories by the means of "I must be imbibing quite regularly. At least every time he sits down to make up a new story" 😐

You think your way, and I am very please that you let me know.
After all I might be just wasting my time here, since I am "imbibing regularly", hahaha... Welcome to my fantazy world 😜

So, I should have visit a doctor like 20years ago already? OK, I think I will need to call him right away. THANKS ALOT
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Don't forget Tweed, he was, "drunk or something" when he posted this story. From my perspective he must be imbibing quite regularly. At least every time he sits down to make up a new story.
Zeromaru (guest)
-4
8 years ago (2016-04-16)
Tweed

I meant I could have written something similar but not this fantasized version... Sorry 😐

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: