You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Baby Crying At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Baby Crying At Night

 

My experience was back in 2013 when I was visiting Bangladesh for the first time in 27 years since moving to the UK.

I was staying in my cousin's house in the village area. The house was a very large house with five large bedrooms,kitchen,two toilets and a living room on the ground floor with a long corridor. The second floor was not completed at the time.

My experience happened after few weeks of staying there. One night me and two of my cousin's were staying in the same room, we chatted through the night then everyone fell asleep. Then around 2am I woke up suddenly to the sounds of a crying baby, my whole body was numb at the time I couldn't even speak and the whole room was pitch black.

At the time I was thinking to myself if I was really awake or dreaming. But I was definitely awake as I could hear my cousin's snoring away in the night but I was the only one awake in the middle of the night with my whole body numb and listening to this baby crying and thinking to myself why is everyone else not waking up or hearing this annoying cry.

At first the crying sounded like it was quite further away from our room echoing on the other side of the corridor but the more I listened and focused I could hear the sounds getting closer and closer to our room and the cries sounding more evil and demonic, at one point it didn't sound like a human baby crying anymore.

By this time I was so annoyed with the crying, at one point even with my whole body numb I was thinking 'enough is enough' I am going to get up and go to my other cousin's room to tell them to keep their baby quiet, but then I realized there was no young babies in this house the youngest in this house was a four year old and four year olds do not cry like a new born baby.

But finally I managed to fall asleep and the next day I asked my cousin's couldn't they all hear the baby cries through the night. They said no, and that it could have been dogs or foxes howling.

But I know exactly what I heard that night and it came from inside the house not outside.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Raz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JoJorocks (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-07-07)
Raz

In my opinion, if not some sort of a lost spirit, probably a howl of a random wild animal since animals sometimes can mimic human sounds.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-10-04)
Raz, that would be very interesting to find out why your cousin asked to keep the door locked on only that particular night. I find it strange that if the house is haunted he wouldn't be locking it every night?

It makes me wonder if there was some type of curse or pattern to the haunting like it only shows up once a month on a particular day. If that's the case, it would be a residual haunting and would not be harmful. But it seems like your cousin felt that it could bring harm to you. I hope you get to speak to him soon and give us an update. Thanks for sharing!
Raz (1 stories) (1 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Now that few of the readers have mentioned if anyone else in the family had heard this baby cries.

I just remembered something which I completely forgot about that night!

One of my cousin who was also staying in the same room that night and he also travelled with me from the UK, that particular night I remember him asking me to lock our room door, and I remember asking him, how comes he wanted the doors locked that night... When we slept with the room doors wide open every other night. I remember him replying "I'll tell you tomorrow morning"

I haven't spoken to this cousin since our visit back in 2013, I also lost his contact details, but whenever I do speak to him next time I will ask him about that night in Bangladesh and why he wanted the room doors locked that particular night and what he wanted to tell me the next morning as I completely forgot to ask him.

I have a feeling he knew something and he maybe experienced it before, he has also visited Bangladesh few years earlier prior to this visit and also stayed in this same house before.

By the way the baby cries I heard that night was definitely not dogs, foxes or cats. It was 100% baby cries with a mixture of cries and laughter (which made it seem evil and demonic).

I have never experienced anything like this before. I will update you all whenever I speak to this cousin.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-18)
I noticed on your story that you've mentioned that at one point you could hear the crying far away from you and then slowly becomes nearer.

I just want to point out that there are some myths and superstitions that sometimes when you hear these supernatural sounds that is farther away from you is actually it is NEAR you. The farther the sound is, the nearer the entity or supernatural being is to you.

Thank you for sharing. God bless.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-09-18)
Raz - My first reaction would probably have been to sink back into the mattress with a sigh of relief because my pajama marching days are over; mommy whoever can get up for her own baby!

Seriously though, I don't know what to make of your experience. Perhaps it's one of those things that you have to personally experience to come to your own conclusion.

For how long had the family been living in that house?

Remember you had been away for 27 years and were no longer accustomed to the nocturnal sounds and animal life in that country. I've never been to Bangladesh but I do know that it is vastly different from the UK.

Perhaps you should ask your cousins whether they have experienced any paranormal activity since you were last there.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-17)
Welcome to YGS.

Raz.

Do you know if any other of the inhabitants of the house has ever heard this crying? Usually, if there is paranormal activity happening in a location, is likely than more than one person will experience it, and is very common for children to be more susceptible to witness "something". Do you know if any of the children had an imaginary friend or talked about people than no one else could see?

Other than that, I wouldn't discard the possibility of an animal as the source of this cries, cats can sound like crying demonic babies. Perhaps the sound was coming through the open windows of the house as the animal was walking by?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: