You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New Home, New Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

New Home, New Encounters

 

When I was 8 years old my mom and dad decided to move to a new neighborhood. Growing up in a strict Christian family meant I had many restrictions. I couldn't watch Harry Potter, go trick-or-treating, or listen to certain genres of music.

After we got all of our things moved into the house, my mother called up the pastor and his family to come bless our new home. The paranormal encounters didn't start off right away, but they did progress the longer we stayed in the home.

My first encounter happened when I went downstairs to get a drink out of the refrigerator. I left the lights off to avoid waking my parents. When I finally got to my room, I sat on the bed finishing the rest of my drink when my bedroom door slammed. I waited to see if the slam had waken my parents, but it didn't. I then just went on to sleep.

On school days my parents were still at work when I'd get home, so they made me my own house key. Usually I'd go in the house, start on homework, and watch cartoons until my parents got home, but that day when I got home unusual things happened. When I began to start on my homework, I jumped as I heard the sound of the TV blasting downstairs. I rushed downstairs to see if my dad had gotten home early, but he hadn't. Quickly, I searched for the remote which happened to be on the top of the TV, and I turned it off.

Frightened from the experience, I had told my dad what happened and he believed me when I told him I thought there was a ghost in the house. He contacted the landlord of the home to see if he had known the history of the home. The landlord told my dad that he didn't believe there were any physical ghosts in the home, but he did believe there were spirits.

According to the landlord, a couple had moved into the home a few years back. He said even though they looked as if they were ordinary people, they truly were not. On a daily basis, the couple would create "potions" (as he claimed) and concoctions to summon the dead. After the man had told us the history of the home, my dad decided not to tell my mom because my mom would flip. "God will protect us," he'd tell me.

All seemed normal after finding out the truth, but mild encounters happened occasionally like lights turning on and off and the occasional door slamming, but now that I knew, I wasn't as scared as before.

Everything changed once my mom had her first and last encounter. We were both in her bedroom laying on the bed watching TV. My mom had fell asleep beside me, but I was still awake. As my eyelids were beginning to close, the TV started blasting from the music channel. My mom had woke up yelling at me and we both began searching for the remote, which happened to appear on the top of the TV.

My mom didn't believe in ghosts or spirits, but she did believe in the voice we heard echo throughout the house calling out "help me."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Unorthodox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
At first, I felt bad as I read you couldn't watch Harry Potter, why Harry, why?! But boy, that "help me" part gave me chills!

I'm sorry to ask this, but how did the landlord know that the couple was "cooking" some potions and trying to summon a spirit? If it was me, I'd make sure no one would see me "cooking".
Plus, the landlord knew they were summoning something, is he some kind of a psychic as well? How did he know what they were planning? Maybe they wanted to go back to where they were but couldn't that's why they seek your help.

And I always wonder when people say they don't believe in ghosts but they believe in spirits. What does that mean?

Regards,
Mhanne ❤
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Miracles
I believe I have made this comment before. In High School I had a friend whose father didn't want her talking to me. Because I believed in the paranormal I was Satans child. Meanwhile he was a church going Catholic who was an alcoholic and beat his wife and I think but can't say for sure he also beat his oldest son. All I can say for sure is the oldest son once beat the father really bad.

Regards
Red
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Thanks Miracles, I met a paranormal investigator once who told me there's no such thing as ghosts or the afterlife but he believed orbs were the only paranormal entity in existence.
One of the strangest things someone's ever told me! 😆

Unorthodox, now I'm curious, what did the voice sound like?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Tweed - speaking from personal experience, there are religions who do not believe in the existence of ghosts. Or spirits if you use different terms. I have been told by someone close to me that they believe once a person dies, their soul goes to Heaven or Hell. No stopping or coming back. Not my belief, but I'm not going to knock someone else's. Hopefully this doesn't stray into the religious bashing area because we'll end up with a lot of missing comments LOL.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Wow either that landlord's full of it or something's a miss with this.

Seems I'm full of questions today. Unorthodox, or anyone who may know, why do some religious folk not believe in ghosts/spirits? Is it that they don't believe someone can check in on the physical realm? Or are they non-believers, and if they're non-beleivers wouldn't believing in a religion be contradicting? This has always confused me.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
RCRuskin - I keep a Journal, have since 2002, and there are times my memory is rusty and I have to rely on my entries. If I don't write my experience down immediately, I won't rely on memory. Maybe I'm getting to old or maybe I just trust my Journal entries more than my memory.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
So many stories here need more detail, but happened so long ago. I want to know so much more, and have the same question as Mazzmarach.

Would that we kept journals of events and gathered evidence.
YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
I got the chills with your last sentence!
Do you still live in this home?
What did your mom say?
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Ahoy, there. The history of your home sounds sketchy. My theory (equally sketchy) is: the couple summoned something they forgot to send home. The "help me" coincides with something trying to get your attention; you mention not being scared, but how did the energy in the room feel like when those things happened?
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Wow, the "help me" part has awoken me like a cup of espresso!
Were there rap noises around the house or any wind before the door slam?
Spirits can sometimes be quite noisy.

Blessings from São Paulo
E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: