You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Blue Lady And Other Events

Real Ghost Stories

The Blue Lady And Other Events

 

It's time for me to tell you all about my experiences. First I'll tell you a little about me. I am what I call an open-minded sceptic by nature and that is how I approach all accounts of potentially paranormal events, including my own.

As I do not believe that it is possible to confirm with certainty that any given event is paranormal (as per the conventional usage of the term), I assess my experiences based on probability. I have had three experiences that I class as being of very high probability of being paranormal events. I have had a few others that I class as medium probability, but I don't see much point going into those here. Therefore, I will only address the three very high probability events at this point.

As further background, one of my grandmothers was a very respected medium both in the UK and later in New Zealand after migrating here in or around the 70's. She died when I was young so unfortunately I haven't been able to discuss such matters with her. I understand my father had some level of ability as he conducted successful experiments in his youth. He also died when I was young so I was never able to discuss these with him. In a nutshell, the family does have psychic history which I believe is relevant here.

First experience:

This took place when I was round about four or five years old. Over a period of possibly months or possibly weeks (long time ago) I was confronted by an apparition on a number of occasions. This always took place in my bedroom and usually happened at night. The apparition was female and blue.

As memory is reconstructive, I have difficulty determining how accurate my recollections of what she looked like are. But my impressions are that she was an older person and was lighter in colour in the face and centre and darker blue around the outside. Might have been light blue clothing with a darker blue coat or some other form of apparel over the top. The face is indistinct in my memory, but again it was a long time ago. I would refer to her as "the blue lady" when communicating to my parents what transpired.

Sometimes she was static and would just stand there. Other times she would slowly move towards me. I do not recall if it was a walking type movement or a gliding.

The appearance of the apparition was usually preceded by a feeling which I find very difficult to describe. Its like a heavy, thick feeling where it kind of feels like something is wrong, like someone is there... Sort of. I'm not describing the feeling very well, so I will simply call it "the feeling". It's the sort of feeling I always imagine plagued our ancient ancestors as they sat huddled in caves hoping nothing with big teeth or claws happened along.

Every time I saw her I would run screaming to my parents room. Luckily for me, given the family history and awareness of these things, my parents believed me. After events continued, my parents decided to call in my grandmother. She turned up with some other individuals whom I understand were also well respected mediums at the time and they got down to business. I gather this involved "sitting in circle" and trying to communicate to the entity that I was a child and that it was frightening me, asking it to move on.

There were no more blue lady visits. Importantly, I was completely unaware of the intervention. I was asleep upstairs. I didn't know why the blue lady had stopped coming (but I was glad that she had). It wasn't until some years later that my mother explained the procedure that had taken place. I think this is important as it mitigates the placebo effect likelihood of the intervention.

Second experience:

This took place about 16 months ago. I was visiting my mother. She was going on holiday and asked me if I wanted to stay at her place for a while whilst she was away (it's nice to get out of the city sometimes). I had a lot to get done in the city so I said I would stay but probably only for a couple of days.

Things started getting strange a day or two after mum left. Initially it was the feeling (as described above). This was almost always accompanied by massive temperature drops. It was the height of summer and it was a hot summer, so it was quite significant that I was going from sweltering to literal goosebumps in the span of a second or two.

This happened a number of times. I kept telling myself it was my imagination. Then one day I was in the bath and I heard the cupboards in the kitchen repeatedly slamming like someone was pulling them all open and banging them shut.

My first thought was that there was a human intruder. So I slipped out of the bath and quietly put my shorts on (I've never liked the idea of going into battle naked). Some quite heavy footsteps started advancing up the hall. They were heavy but slow and deliberate. They seemed almost over emphasised.

I waited until they were about a meter from the bathroom door and then I leapt out, hoping to take the intruder by surprise. But there was no one there. Then I cottoned on to the fact the intruder may well be non-corporeal. My first action was to make certain there was no human present. So I performed a very rapid room to room clearance of the house. After this was completed I carried out a slower, more thorough search. Still nothing. So I went outside and checked the surrounds and back garden for sign. Nothing.

I should point out that my mothers house is pretty secure. The locks are such that they can only be locked or unlocked with the key (no snib type arrangements). The windows all only open 2-3 inches. All doors were locked when I cleared the premises and I had the keys. Essentially I believe the possibility of someone having been inside then rapidly fled and somehow relocked the doors to have been eliminated.

I was pretty freaked out. I had been planning on going home the next morning, but I resolved to stay an extra couple of days as a result of this incident. Why? Because I refuse to be chased off. Young me adopted the latter component of the fight or flight response. Adult me does not.

The "feeling" and the temperature drops continued over the next couple of days, but there was only one more occurrence more extreme- a second footstep incident. On this occasion I was watching TV in the lounge. I heard the same slow, heavy deliberate footsteps coming down the hallway. I stacked myself up (yes, a one man stack is possible, kind of) next to the opening where the hall meets the lounge and swung round into the hall. Again nothing.

So I repeated the drill: Fast room to room clearance, slow thorough search, search of surrounds. Nothing.

At the time I speculated that the entity may have resided in my mother's house but come to see me as an intruder as I was occupying the premises in her absence. I inferred this partly because the footsteps seemed deliberately emphasised- figured it was trying to scare me (it succeeded) into leaving (it failed on that outcome).

Anyway, I left in my own good time a few days later.

I informed my mother of the events upon her return. She advised me that she had never had any experiences in that house. She found a medium who had an okay reputation (I gather there are very few good ones in NZ these days, when the old guard died out there doesn't seem to be any good trainers left). Anyway, the medium informed her that it was nothing to do with the house. She asserted that I was psychically sensitive and that a spirit had "latched on to me" as a result. Given the family history, this seems plausible. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to stay latched after I had returned home anyway.

Third experience:

This was very recent. I had been reading on the subject lately and was seriously considering posting my first two experiences on this site. I suspect that recalling these events to mind so much lately may have in some reinvigorated something and maybe triggered the third set of occurrences? Not sure, just the timing seems like a heck of a coincidence if it is not linked.

I started getting the feeling again and some temperature drops (but nowhere near as pronounced as in the second experience above). I decided that I was imagining it as I had been focused on the recollections of my earlier experiences of late.

But then one night shortly after getting into bed, I heard a voice. It said my first name once, loudly and clearly. It was to my right and sounded like it was close (within a few feet). The light was still on. I turned. Nothing there.

The next morning I awoke to the feeling of something tugging on my leg. It was a series of hard, sharp tugs. I grabbed the mattress in case I was pulled off the bed and shouted "Go Away!" in my head several times. It desisted. I was really unsettled after that. Slept with my light on the next night. The feeling remained but there were no more direct experiences.

I tried out a technique that Tweed on this site recommended. I was a bit sceptical as it sounded a bit hippy-dippy to be honest. But I gave it a whirl and things seem to have abated. I'm still doing it a couple of times a day as a precautionary measure. Although things have settled down, I am still pretty unnerved by them (getting rotten nightmares nightly now, waking up with my heart pounding at a crazy rate, takes a while to settle down).

I cannot be sure if my recent ponderings of these matters did or did not act as a trigger, but I'm typing this at an internet cafe as I won't do it at home. Don't want to attract anything if I can help it.

I think it is highly likely that I do have a psychic sensitivity. Which is a shame because I really really don't want it. Although I find the paranormal a fascinating area, I don't want to have these experiences as I find them extremely frightening. To draw an analogy: I find sharks fascinating, but I really don't want to get in the water with one.

I can assure you all that I do not frighten easily, except where experiences like these occur. They scare the crikeys out of me. Does anyone know if it is possible to permanently prevent this kind of thing? To use another analogy, is a psychic neutering possible?

I know this has been a bit long, so many thanks to those who have read it all the way through.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 2nd1st, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ann4shadow (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-17)
2nd1st,

Hello, I'm late to the game but I wanted my turn at bat so to speak... I find your experiences very interesting. I also admire that you have been able to keep some humor with your comment of not doing battle naked.
Like you, I am also unnerved by my experiences with the unexplained even though I have not went through anything compared to what you have experienced.
I find that I am obsessed at the same time with most things supernatural and mysterious. I desire to understand what happens to us after we die on this earth and even more so to understand just what in the heck I'm supposed to be doing here... Thank you for sharing.
Be Well,
Ann
๐Ÿ˜Š
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
The blue lady is in contrast with my "Dark Lady" ๐Ÿ˜†

I advise you to perform cleansing of your house as given on rooks profile.

Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜Š
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Thanks Joanna. To address one if the points you refer to a couple of times, I'm not actually afraid if dying. I'm actually quite looking forward to it.
Although I do hope the life after death thing is optional, I'd rather opt out of it if I can.
joanna4ever (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
2nd1st,

I wanted to add this earlier, but hit "sent" too quickly.

I know you probably feel that what you feel right now about these entities are probably "personal". It's as though it's only between you and these entities; but it's really not. By exposing and investigating it, you also enlighten many, many people in this world. You take part in educating others and also bring people together from different parts of the world to find the truth and take part in validating the truth (whatever that truth might be).

I hope that helps.
joanna4ever (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
2nd1st,

There will always be spirits around us no matter what we do or where we are at. They're in our homes, at the cafes, at schools, hospitals, right next to each and everyone of us, etc. Some people are just more receptive than others.

I know this is frightening to all of us because it is an "unknown" realm to all of us and our ancestors.

Throughout history, no one has ever, EVER scientifically proven that there is a world beyond our understanding. Many generations before us had tried to prove, but not one can prove it without sounding crazy. We now have technologies, internet, video cameras, voice recorders, computers, and can travel to space, but yet we still cannot prove what our ancestors have tried so hard to prove even until the day they died. There are many religions that claim that there is an afterlife. But who is right or wrong or if there is even any? If there is a way to find the truth then why would you want to block out the truth? Instead of seeking the truth and further expose and using technology to prove it.

There was one time in history, where we all thought the world was flat and one person knew the world was round. This person was put to prison. Later on, we knew the truth. That the earth is round.

Whether you like it or not, we all will die one day. Nothing is guarantee in life, except for death. If that is the case, then what do we have to lose? Do you rather die being a coward or a hero?

Instead of masking a gift then make something out of it and expose to the truth utilizing all the technologies we have today and investigate. That way, we can close the case for the people who had died before us who also wanted to know the truth and further educate the next generation.

So, don't be scared. We all will die no matter what we do. Use your gift and be brave about it and find the truth for yourself and for others who also wanted to know.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-29)
Yep noodle, fairly close but I got a couple hrs. I'm not the best sleeper, but been worse lately. Nightmares stopped but I'm still a bit unsettled by it all
Noodle (5 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Lack of sleep seems legit as you appear to have been up all night ๐Ÿ˜œ

I'm assuming you saw a GP so, based on my experiences with GP's in this country, I'd like to just say that if it seems like there is something more, don't be afraid to push for more or get a second opinion. It could just be things coming to a head for you, but you will know best so go with your instinct. If it doesn't feel right, tell your doctor; They are obliged to refer you to a specialist or for tests if there is the slightest reason to suspect anything.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Doc reckons tension and lack if sleep. So guess it's indirectly related:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
2nd1st - I don't know that I can explain how I did it, but I'll tell you the situations and maybe that might help ๐Ÿ˜•

The first time I did it was out of self-defense. My first ex-husband didn't like when I would tell him I knew things I couldn't possibly know. He told me to stop telling him stuff because people would think I was crazy. I can't exactly explain how I did it, but it was like mentally closing a door. The worst part about that is I know there are things that happened but I can't recall them. I keep a Journal and there are huge gaps during that time period because I shut everything out.

The second time was because I was afraid. I had a new baby and because I had opened that door again, I was worried something would happen to him. Unreasonable fear based on other things, but a real fear nonetheless. So I decided I wasn't going to have anything to do with this life, at least while my kids were little. And for a while I didn't acknowledge anything. To me they were just unexplained things, but nothing paranormal. (Denial LOL)

And then I realized I missed this part of me. It was like only part of me was alive. So I opened that door back up and haven't closed it since then.

I'll think about this more over the next couple of days and see if there is anything more I can add. If so, I'll let you know. I know this wasn't really helpful, and that I gave way too much information that you really don't need or want, but this is the best way I can explain it.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Miracles, could you explain how please?
It would be most helpful
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
2nd1st that ghost could also be trying to alert you, in a clumsy way, to your physical ailments.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Red and 2nd1st - Red, I have to disagree with your statement on psychic neutering. Twice in my lifetime I have stepped away from this life; once consciously, the other subconsciously. It can be done.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Thanks red, but I should reiterate I haven't upset any co workers. I have a great poker face and tremendous behavioural control, although I've felt like forcibly removing limbs I haven't let it on.

Anyhoo I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss mr chest blood pump that has been giving me pains last week or so and will query it then. Come to think of it, that may be a factor. Also noticed I'm oddly pale these days so something odd afoot on terms of blood flow.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Sorry val I really didn't see your same advice. I stopped reading posts when I saw he is having anger problems that he suddenly started having.
Red โค
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
2nd1st

Since nobody else has gone there I have to. You ask: "Does anyone know if it is possible to permanently prevent this kind of thing?" Now the next thing you say makes me glad I wasn't drinking anything. Then you say "To use another analogy, is a psychic neutering possible?"๐Ÿ˜† In a word NO. All you can do is ignore as much as possible.

Now to address your anger problem. First get a check up, blood work and all to rule out anything physically wrong with you. Mention to your doctor all of your anger issues that recently and suddenly came about and it is bothering you. He can check your hormones and your blood pressure. If everything is normal he can either order a C.T. Scan with or with out contrast, or an M.R.I. Again with or with out contrast. He may have to send you to a Neurologist for these tests. Have you been getting headaches, especially at the base of your skull?
Believe me doctors are concerned about sudden onset anything. In the mean time when you feel your anger start to rise try breathing techniques such as consciously slowing your breathing by breathing in through your nose out through your mouth.

Psychic neutering. You made me laugh. Please apologize to co-workers you have upset, just tell them you are going through some things and you are trying to work through them. Anyone asks what's up just tell them it's too personal and private.

Regards
Red
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
2nd1st,
Since you're experiencing sudden feelings of anger, you might want to get a checkup at the doctor's just to rule out any medical conditions. Blood sugar levels could be the culprit as well as a myriad of other non-paranormal things.
If you don't already, you might try keeping a journal for at least 2 or 3 weeks and see if some pattern emerges.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Hi 2nd1st--I quickly Googled "sudden extreme anger" and a few things you might want to look into online to see if they fit the anger you have been feeling.
1.Antisocial Personality Disorder
2.Borderline Personality Disorder
3. What's referred to as "passive anger"
4. What's referred to as "judgemental anger"
Some of these can lay just below the surface and be triggered by different stimuli. I just thought I would throw out some things you can look into online to see if you notice any similarities with your own anger. It's probably best to look into psychological causes first before considering paranormal causes. All the best to you!
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Cheers tweed

In response by numbers:)

1) I don't think so. I'm usually very aware of my moods and changes in them. Also this is beyond any anger I have previously known.

4) I agree unlikely, I've certainly made a few enemies but I don't think it would occur to any of them to research and attempt any supernatural mojo

2 and 3: so the shielding method could still leave access for less direct contact? Like stopping a lion with a metal fence but it can still fart through it to use a crude analogy? If so would it be better to e discontinue the shield method or to find an intensification? My ideal would be to shut this stuff out altogether, but if there are loopholes?
I don't know. I'm just astonished by the intensity

I've already conducted a crude pattern analysis, but the only consistency I can find us that I go from fine to wanting to rip off someone's limbs and beat them to death with them in a flash at the tiniest provocation. Of course I don't carry out such actions and never would, nor am I outwardly displaying anger (other than the literal shaking with rage the other day). Completely not like me.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
2nd1st, these are some possibilities for the anger

1) It's your own anger and annoyance (or underlying/dormant emotion) at having been affronted by ghosts in recent times. Or something else unrelated and non-paranormal in your life.

2) You're sensing the anger of a well intended ghost who feels 'shut out' by your shields.

3) You're sensing the anger of an ill intended ghost for the same reasons.

4) Something or someone nasty is persistently attempting to manipulate your moods (worse case scenario, also least likely and pretty rare in my opinion)

I'd also pay attention to the times of day you feel most angry, what you're doing, who you're with, etc. Maybe a pattern will emerge.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
I'm back with a belly full of falafel and hummus:)

Valk- many thanks. "Don't faint, don't pee" - brilliant. Words to live by!
Many thanks for the offer, but it's been a while since is submitted the story and the nightmares have ceased.

Tweed- I did post this account from an Internet cafe specifically as a precaution against the recollections triggering something. If something is going to manifest I don't want it to be where I sleep. If something is going to happen, I do not want to be taken by surprise when I'm out of it.
As for parks, I always spend some time in the park between work and home. I'll sit there and play games on my phone, check the internet, read the newspaper etc. I find it helps create a mental barrier between work and home. If I go straight home from work I can't stop thinking about work at home.

When I said hippy dippy I didn't mean any offence, I was referring to my initial impression before trying it. Certainly appears to have done the job. You mentioned that it wouldn't be effective against non harmful ghosts. But I am taken by your observation that it all comes down to intent. My intent in applying it was to keep everything ghostly/ spiritual regardless of its nature the heck away from me.

I don't have a history of falling asleep in baths and was definitely wide awake at the time.

As a number of you have mentioned, there hasn't been any apparent attempt at harm. This is something I am aware of objectively, but doesn't stop this stuff scaring the Crikey out if me.

As I alluded to, although there is a logical track to what the medium told my mother re experience number two, I did note that the logic failed in the sense that it did not follow me home. As a couple of commenters have theorised, my initial instinct was probably correct: my mum has a non corporeal over zealous security guard at her place that she is unaware of and that is probably all bark and no bite. Probably. I hope anyway:)

I have made another observation and have no idea if this could be relevant. But last couple of weeks I have found myself inexplicably experiencing extraordinary anger. I have a good poker face and a high level of self control and as such have not overtly demonstrated it.

This is not like me as I am generally not an angry person nor hugely emotively reactive. It's been quite a sudden change. When faced with even the slightest provocation, discourtesy, affront or minor irritation I find myself overcome by extraordinary hatred and shaking with anger.

I am wondering if this could be related in some way to the recent experience? I only wonder this because of the timing and because it is totally not normal for me. Could something negative or hostile have slipped in and attached itself to me during recent events? If it is related, any tips on knocking it on the head? Or have I just suddenly become a colossal arrogant jack**s?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
2nd1st, that's a real possibility with the ghost alerting you to the mice. Try not to beat yourself up about the little guys. ๐Ÿ˜ข You may have even inadvertently saved them from slow death by a cruel cat. My Gran had a cat that used to torture mice, never eat them, just torture. Now that's a bad way to go.

At least the mice at your place had each other and got to go without any looming predators.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Many thanks for your responses.

Manafon- re your comments on the third incident. I found my reaction strange too. Normally anything I perceive as an attack is met by a more physical defensive reaction. For some reason my first response here was in head shouting. For some reason it just seemed like the right thing to do.

The points you identify as likely telepathic make sense to me.

I'm very interested to hear your blue lady account. I've googled the heck out of blue lady apparitions and there seem to be a few tales out there. I'm wondering if they are maybe not actually blue per se, but whether it's almost like some sort of extra sensory perceptual colour filter type dealy. Not sure I voiced that thought well.

Fergie- I agree with you about the first experience creating my fear of the paranormal. I've thought the same for a long time. Ironically it is probably also what gave me my fascination with the subject.

Regarding the third experience, the voice was male, sounded like an adult but did not have a particularly deep voice. Did not sound familiar. I agree totally that it was trying hard to get my attention.

I don't know if this is in anyway relevant but I found something that made me wonder this weekend. I am a great lover of animals and would never deliberately do one harm. I have been battling a mouse infestation using non harmful catch and release traps. As part of the campaign I had a good clean out and I found something that broke my heart. An old catch and release trap (large one with one way door system) that I had tried during an infestation a few years ago. It hadn't worked so I cleaned it out and stored it in a cupboard and forgot about it. Whilst cleaning out I found the trap. It contained two dead little mice. I'm no forensic pathologist but l would estimate the poor wee things to have been dead for a couple of weeks or more.
I was just heartbroken. They wily have died over time in fear and misery and it was my own stupid fault.
The attempts to get my attention were intense and urgent. Is it possible that the spirit or whatever it was was attempting to alert me to the fact that there were two little animals in great distress nearby that needed my help?

I don't know.

Valk- I'll reply to you shortly, the kebab shop shuts in 20 minutes and I am in need of falafel and hummus
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
I meant 'just being practical', not 'practice', dang. ๐Ÿ˜•
And I need more characters to post.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
2nd1st,

Had a feeling, just from your comments, that you'd be submitting something unsettling like this before too long. Just a hunch.

Also, I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but are you posting from parks and net cafes to avoid any ghost watching what you type and read on here whilst at home?
If so, I wouldn't bother going to all that hassle either. Your best defense against wrong doing ghosts reading over your shoulder would be a hippy dippy shielding.๐Ÿ˜‰
However, I don't think this will work too well because what you've described so far doesn't sound particularly nasty. Think about it, you hear your name spoken loudly, after getting into bed, nothing comes of that. So then the ghost tries to wake you up by tugging your leg and they stop when you mentally tell them to. Maybe these are an attempt to save you from an impending nightmare?
Then there's the stomper from your mother's place, this one (if it's the same ghost) frantically gets your attention while you're in the bath. Would you be prone to falling asleep in the bath? This might be an overt way of preventing this.

Based on majority of accounts on here really bad haunts typically are far more subtle at first. Think calculated passive aggressive behaviour which builds over time. This feels far more in your face and more spare of the moment.
I've never had my leg tugged, but I have been woken by that dancer speaking a few times but it doesn't bother me, I find it more fascinating.

I think, just being practice here, you'll need to figure a way to reconcile the ghosts in your life. Not put up with anything you're uncomfortable with but figure a way to coexist. I don't think completely masking it is an option.
Pretty much everyone who's sensitive needs some kind of personal shield in place, these are different for everyone. Make it something which makes sense to you.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
2nd1st,
I did enjoy your narrative, and found it very easy to follow. I don't care to go to battle naked either!
I don't think there's any easy way to turn off one's 'gifts', and from what I've seen it varies from person to person (strength of the ability). Mostly it seems that many just go for denial, a 'that didn't happen' mentality. For example the tugging of your leg would have been a muscular twinge that felt similar to having one's leg tugged. Your Blue lady would be the manifestation of a dream. Things like that. In other words, you learn to deny part of yourself.
I understand you find the events frightening, a totally normal reaction to things we don't understand. I have had a few where I had to pull out my old mantra of "Don't faint, don't pee" while dealing with it. But honestly, it really does depend on how you look at it. The blue lady never harmed you. The footsteps at your Mom's, I think your gut instinct was right - someone felt you were intruding on your Mom's territory. Think about it, she never experiences anything, however she 'belongs' there. If it was 'attached' to you, it would have followed you or been evident at home. So, in essence your Mom has an extra 'security' system, someone looking out for her.
Lastly, yes, I think pondering the paranormal, for a sensitive, heightens their awareness. I might be able to help you with the nightmares. Are they repeating dreams? Same scenario, or similar?
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
2nd1st, I thoroughly enjoyed your narration.

What a shame that the "blue lady" scared you so badly. Maybe she 'spoiled' you for further supernatural experiences which were to come later in life. Do you think it is possible?

I wonder what the ghostly intruder in your mum's house was up to, besides scaring you silly. ๐Ÿ˜‰It seems odd that he didn't follow you home, if he was 'attached' to you.

The voice and leg pulling - well, my only theory is that someone is trying very hard to get your attention. Was the voice male or female? Did the voice sound familiar at all? Don't be afraid; it's the living that can harm you, not the dead - that is what my dad always used to tell me.
You sound like an able bodied male with some military background, well able to defend yourself against the living. Come to terms with your 'gift', you may find it rewarding.

Thank you for sharing.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Hi 2nd 1st--Really enjoyed reading the recollections of your three incidents. It struck me that the feeling that preceded your visits by The Blue Lady might have been the telepathic link (as some psychical researchers postulate) between the subconscious of the deceased sending the apparition which is made complete by your own subconscious working in conjunction with it. The recurring apparition in your case was an example of an "apparitional drama" between your young mind and that of a consciousness from somewhere else. Could have been a living or deceased person. Very cool that the mediums were able to make it desist! As an aside, I have a story that I submitted to YGS yesterday (it's still pending) that also deals, peripherally at least, with another "Blue Lady".

The comment in your second encounter about not wanting to go into battle naked was funny. You gotta think like a Spartan warrior in such cases man! Seriously though, the "over emphasized" nature of the footsteps in this account reminds me of how (in some case studies I have read) that apparitional sounds (and visual elements as well) are perceived with a clarity and crispness not usually noted in "normal" day to day life. Again it suggests a telepathic element and you do seem sensitive to picking it up.

In the third experience you shouted "Go away" in your head and the tugging on your leg stopped. This element is fascinating and seems to provide evidence for the telepathic aspect. I can't remember a case off hand where someone yelling "in their head" was able to stop a paranormal occurrence. Very intriguing stuff.

Thanks for sharing your thought provoking accounts!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
2nd1st - because the next level is Middle Aged Adult. Trust me, Young Adult feels so much better ๐Ÿ˜†
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Mystified as to why it says "author is a young adult" when I'm almost 40?

Oh gawd I've just said it out loud. Almost 40. That means 40 next year.,... Where did my youth go?

*insert slow violin solo*

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: