You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Scary Retirement Homes

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Retirement Homes

 

I work at a retirement home and I like it, but there are just so many people talking about how they have had ghostly encounters. I always said, if I don't see it I don't believe it. Yesterday I was at work with my friend Jessica and co-worker Diane, I was washing dishes and jess was making coffee, when all of a sudden a cup that was on a shelf comes tumbling down and hits the floor. Jessica and Diane both look at me and we start to freak out because no one else is in the room with us.

Later that evening we were getting ready to push the food cart out to the hallway but then I notice that somebody already moved it so I asked Jessica and Diane if they moved it and they told me no, so that really freaked me out, then all of a sudden we started to get cool chills and it got really cold. When we were just about finished, Jessica has to take the dirty linens down the hall to this dark and dreary laundry room, she went down there and the hairs on her back began to stand up. So Jessica ran back to the kitchen telling us about it.

We all were really getting scared and things were just getting a little spooky for me... If anything else happens I will write back and tell you... Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janique, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
I, too, find these "small occurrence" stories easier to believe. I also work in a retirement community as part of my Companion work and unexplained things are often reported. While I have never seen or heard anything on the campus myself, there are some believable stories from people who have worked there quite a while. There are some days that the feelings of the place make me happy that I do not always work on campus and most of my time is off campus. Thank you for your story.
Rosemary (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-22)
Keep in mind many people die in nursing homes and they could be a little confused and afraid of leaving in spirit for a time.
Some of you who are sensitive could be aware that the spirits might still be there.
Although they might be around for a time eventually they will no doubt leave and go elsewhere.
I believe they go elsewhere, but in my case three of my realtives and Dr. P. Have been hanging around me for years and refuse to leave but having said that I will so no other spirits have ever approached me except the Guides who are invited.
Make sure the workers always are nice to the residents and try not to anger them because if anyone does it could be they might hang around for a time just to make those who were not nice to them pay for being mean.
Keep in mind that old Adage speak no ill of the dead, and never give anyone cause to seek vengance from the other side.
futureghost211 (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-22)
It sounds pretty scary for the three of you, having to work there at night. Just make sure that you don't let this interfere with your normal routine, that could be bad. Thank you for sharing.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
I have to go with Annie on this story. Believable but also explainable. However, you were the one who experienced this so you know whether it happened or not. Thanks for sharing. ~Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
There seesm to ba a lot of activity in nursing and retirement homes. I am certain your feeolings are not without merit!

Thank you for sharing!
God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Hi, Janique. I'm going along with Shane on this one. I, too, find the less sensational stories to be credible. (If she was going to make it up, I think she'd have things flying around and blood curdling screams in the hallways) This took place in a retirement home so I imagine there would have been a lot of deaths by a lot of confused people. Janique, I'd love to hear more. Thanks for sharing your story with us, I enjoyed it.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Well Janique, I wasn`t there but I think that Annie pretty well has it pegged. Sometimes something happens that can be explained but we let our imagination get the upper hand. I know because I work as a night watchman and if I`m not careful I`m jumping at every sound I hear.

Be Safe and God Bless
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Could have been vibration that caused the cup to fall. Somebody else could have moved the cart. Imagination could have made the hairs on her back stand up. Whose to know? If you do hear stories of a place being haunted, then you're more likely to believe it. Your imaginations could have been running wild. Just a thought. No intent of discrediting you.

Thanks for sharing!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Well not the most frightening of tales, but not unbelievable either. These are the tales that usually have more merit to them. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: