You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Unseen Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

The Unseen Visitor

 

It was in the late seventies and I was living and working in Knoxville. I had a few days off, so I came home to visit Momma. I had been there about all day and had planned on spending the night and going back to Knoxville sometime the next day. Since I was spending the night, my sister and her husband decided to go out for a while leaving just me and Momma by ourselves.

We were sitting in the living room talking about one thing and another when we heard a loud rap on the front door. I had started to get up to go answer the door when the door flew open, I looked over at Mom all big eyed and started to say something. She put her finger to her lips, you know the be quiet sign.

As we sat there, we could hear footfalls coming across the living room floor. When the footfalls stopped you could see the sofa cushion depress like someone sitting down. Let me tell you brother, by this time I was getting scared, I wasn't nearly as brave back then as I am now. I was fixing to get out of there when Momma spoke.

She said, "If you have anything to tell us, tell it. If not, I would appreciate it if you would leave because you are scaring my boy". Immediately we saw the sofa cushion rise back to normal and footfalls crossing the floor to the front door. The door then slammed shut.

After I regained my composure I asked Momma what had just happened. Mommas are supposed to know everything but she said she didn't know. She did say she thought something had happened there in the past, she just didn't know what.

To make a long story short, when my Sister and Brother in Law got back, I went back to Knoxville. I knew that if I stayed the night that I would have to sleep on the sofa, no way was I doing that.

Many more things have happened here, maybe I will write about them in the future.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FRAWIN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Yes my mother was quite a woman. She could be your best friend or your worst nightmare-it was your choice. I loved her dearly.
Thank you for your comment.

FRAWIN 😊
racemustang (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Now that sounds like something my partner would have said. She would take a wolf and throw it out into the fiery pits if he harmed her cubs. It is said that behind a prosperous man is the strength of a woman, but it does not say what relationship to the man that woman must be. Women must be protected and revered, and even this presence seems to have known that.
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
hey FRAWIN mommas will do anything to protcet their babies. I would move heaven and hell for mine. 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Hello Essie, God couldn`t be everywhere - that`s why he made Mothers. A true Mother(or Father) will fight Heaven or Hell to protect their child. I never realized this until I became the father of a bouncing baby girl, well she`s twenty-four now and I would "lock horns with the devil himself" rather than see any harm come to her. I`m sure that your mother feels the same way. May God Bless You.

FRAWIN ❤ 😊
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Now I know what you mean. I see it in your stories about your momma. Boy, I am slow. But I woulda went home to
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Thank you whitebuffalo for your kind words on behalf of my mother and myself. I can only pray that some of her faith and spiritual courage has rubbed off on me. Again I say thank you and may God bless you and yours.

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
What a Mama! I admire a woman who can set fears aside and just take matters in her own hands. It sounds as if that part of her personality rubbed off on you too, FRAWIN. Maybe not in this story 😊, but in life. Thank you for sharing this with us.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-05)
Hey ChrisB,
Well I don`t know about me being brave or not. I guess what courage I do have took me a lifetime to acquire. I am nearly fifty-four years old and I finally learned that being brave isn`t the absence of fear, it is controlling fear and doing what has to be done.
Thank you for your (and others) confidence in me, it means a lot to me.

Be Safe and God Bless
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-05)
Hi Frawin. I found your other stories And I just finished reading the first one. To tell you the the truth I think you are a brve guy and your Mom even more. When I tell my wife that a ghost tv show is on she leaves the room and says she isn't watching. This story is great. Like Bellisma I can't wait to read some more! You have a great opinion by other members of this sight and I know you wouldn't be telling a lie. Your not a senior poster just like me but I believe in your stories. Others do too. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
Bellissima, I have sent in another story. It is getting processed, I don`t know if it will get published or not. I have been debating whether to write more on the homeplace or not. Like I have said some things that has happened is truly unbelievable. I may be wrong but I think that I have pretty high believability on this site and I would hate for that to change.
I will take some time to think it over, besides Martin needs some time to catch up.

Be Safe and God Bless
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
Hey, FRAWIN, you said that some of the things we wouldn't believe - well, give us a try! I, for one, would love to read some more. Don't be shy, share, share! I'll be waiting! 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Thanks for you all for your comments.
The house is very old, so it is untelling who it was. The house was and still is very active with a number of spirits. I believe the one that came that evening was checking on Mother because me and her had been arguing in the past. It seen everything was alright and left.
My Mom was a very strong willed woman who wasn`t afraid of man nor beast- alive or dead. Living in that house for as long as she did, you know she had her share of run-ins with them. Some of the things that has happened there you wouldn`t believe.

Be Safe and God Bless
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Hi FRAWIN. Wow, that's a really strange experience! I don't think I've ever heard of a ghost bang on the front door, barge in and just non-chalantly sit on the couch. I wonder who it was? I also can't believe how your Mother kept her composure through the whole thing. Well, she did say the right thing to it. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Thank you that was a very interesting story, I wonder who had come to visit?

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
FRAWIN, I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing. I'm glad your Mom wasn't scared, she handled things really well. Did she ever tell you about this spirit visiting at other times? It seems she had been through this before.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
That was nice of the ghosts to leave without making a fuss.

~Blessed Be Ye~
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Hmm...interesting story. And you're right, Frawin, "Mommas" ARE supposed to know everything. However, we sometimes fail. Yours at least had the presence of mind to know exactly what to do at the time.

Thanks for sharing!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Frawin, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: