You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hello! I'm Behind You!

Real Ghost Stories

Hello! I'm Behind You!

 

A few years back, about six now so that would be in 2010, my friend, who wishes to remain anonymous, and I were in my bedroom on a particularly sunny day that had no clouds in the sky and no forecast of rain nor thunder/lightning that day either, attempting to contact the dead through means of EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon.) We were probably attempting contact for about two, maybe two and a half hours, with no luck. It felt like forever, though, because we were just sitting up there and not doing anything else. We didn't have my TV on, we didn't have my radio on, nothing. We wanted to make sure that there wasn't going to be any interference on the voice recorder that we were using during that EVP session.

A few minutes into the two, two and a half hours that we were up there, for some reason I blurted out something to the effect of, "If you are here, will you touch one of us?" Nothing happened for the first few seconds, although to us it felt like minutes (more minutes then we would have liked to count)!

And then, all of a sudden, I felt two taps on my right shoulder, and I instantly had chills go right down my spine. The feeling of the chill lasted a few seconds as I was attempting to figure out how to process the events of the last 30 seconds.

When I "came to," so to speak, and realized what exactly had just happened, I asked my friend if he felt the same thing, and he said, "No." I was the only one who had felt it, which I thought was kind of odd, as he is a psychic, as I am, but he was more "developed" at the time than I was.

I haven't had anything like that happen since that time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, truelou, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
truelou
My son was at my sisters house which is the house that I grew up in and is haunted. They tried to do E.V.P.s and the rats she had in a cage were going nuts. They got one E.V.P. Of a child saying I want to play with that. They assumed the child meant the recorder. My son stayed the night and my niece and nephew were asleep but my son kept getting tickled on his feet all night.

When we tried to do E.V.P. In my house the tape slowed down to a stop!
We never could figure out how it would work in one place and not another.

Regards
Red
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Hi Truelou, loved this!
I've never done an EVP before, it sounds very interesting. I can just imagine ghosts hanging around going:
"Look at these idiots trying to communicate with us. The second we do anything they'll crap themselves. Oh what the hey, I'll tap on the shoulder."

Thanks for sharing. 😊
roylynx (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Oh my! Creepy! Did you check your recorder after that? I have heard that EVP sometimes comes after a period time.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
truelou
Enjoyed reading your experience
I am from KY and about an hour from a very famous place called
Waverly Hills. It is an old TB hospital that allows tours and 4 to 8 hour investigations. I did a 4 hour and had the run of the building from midnight to 4 am. After recording about an hours worth of EVP
I heard "I see you, look at me" that was a clear as you could ever ask for.
Point being, doing EVP can get some very interesting results.
Thanks for sharing
Randy
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
An interesting title that tended me to read your story.

Thanks For Sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: