You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Let Me Out Of The Shower

Real Ghost Stories

Let Me Out Of The Shower

 

This following occurrences happened in early 2011.

E, our youngest daughter and Z, our youngest son were still living at home at this time.

Our oldest daughter and her husband came over for dinner and movie night. Z's girlfriend was also there.

About midway into the movie, E decided she would take a shower and go to bed because she had to get up early for classes the next day. She said she was going to use my shower so the hallway bath would be open for when anyone needed it.

The rest of us watched the movie to the end. When it was over I went to the kitchen to get some drinks for everyone.

As I walked into the kitchen I heard a faint cry. It alarmed me. I immediately thought of E so I headed down the hall. I looked into her bedroom but she wasn't there. Thinking she was taking a long shower, I turned to my room. When I entered my bedroom I heard E scream, "Mom"!

I opened the bathroom door and right away saw E sitting on the shower floor. She was almost hysterical screaming, "I can't get the shower door open!"

When I grabbed the door handle a sort of electric static feeling shot through my hand and arm. It was painful enough to cause me to drop my arm. But the door easily came open.

E said she was washing her hair when she heard what sounded like someone opening the bathroom door. She said she hollered that she was in the bathroom. She peered through the frosted shower door (the best she could) the room door looked closed. She thought she heard a low deep laugh. It freaked her out so much she decided to end her shower right then. She said she tried to open the shower door but it would not open. She pushed and shoved and even kicked the door. It would not budge.

My husband and I both tested this shower door over and over again. Slamming it, closing it softly trying to get it to stick. Trying to prove to her (and ourselves) it was just a tricky door. We could not come up with any reasonable explanation for it.

I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the above occurrence however a few weeks earlier E was in the shower when she received a text message from 'unknown number' "I'm watching you". We never found out who sent that message. We went to the police with it but they said it was impossible to trace.

----------

A few days after E's experience in the shower happened, I had my experience in the shower.

I was in the shower, water running hot enough that the bathroom was becoming foggy. I could see the fog over the shower door. I heard the bathroom door softly open. Thinking it was my husband coming in, I didn't really pay it much mind. Then I heard what sounded like a giggle. I opened the shower door and looked out to find the room bathed in fog. Right in the middle of the fog was a very dense section, in the outline of what looked like a figure. It was about 3 feet tall. I stood there and watched it lift what looked like an arm. I stood there mesmerized. After a minute or so the dense section started to spread out becoming more like the rest of the fog, I closed the shower door and forced myself to finish my shower. I kept telling myself it was just my imagination running wild. A few minutes later, I tried to open the shower door without success. I shoved on it, kicked it, leaned against it. I could not open it. After a few minutes I tried again, it popped open. The fog had completely dissipated.

As I was getting out of the shower I noticed the window curtain had a little opening in it, just enough where I could see my neighbor's back porch steps. Lounging on his elbow, on the steps was a grinning, grayish, hairless, skinny, almost toothless, naked man. He waved. In a blink of an eye he was gone.

I've never told anyone about the guy. Never. He looked dead. I don't know if it was my imagination or some light trick that caused me to think I saw him. I just don't know.

At my insistence, a few months later my husband and youngest son demolished the shower. And completely remodeled the bathroom.

Other hauntings by yomomma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yomomma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-04)
Hi OCGirl, sds and Mannerizms! Thank you all for reading my story. And for commenting. I think everything is cool with that bathroom now. Sometimes I catch myself looking towards its window, sort of drawn to it but I don't believe I'll ever look out that window again. Had it not been that our house is brick and taking a window out is a pain, it would have been gone in the remodeling.
yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
Hi RedWolf! My daughter's reasoning behind the clear glass shower was she would be able to see if in fact anyone or perhaps anything was in the room with her. The old shower was very closed off.
When we first looked at the house, that shower was almost a deal breaker. I told my husband it had to be redone. Of course over the years we kept putting it off. Other things became more important. I won't say I had any usually bad feelings about the shower but I never liked it either.

The window now has shutter blinds AND curtains on it. There is no way anyone can see in but more importantly I can not accidently see out.

Thanks for favoring my story.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-30)
I am glad to hear everything is okay now! I do not think I'd ever be willing to shower just on that side of the house after not only her experience but what you saw. I would have nope'd it right on out of there! Again, glad to see all is well, please let us know if anything else should happen.

Blessed be and stay safe! ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-30)
Hi yomomma, a scary and creepy experience indeed. But I am sorry for your daughter, who had to undergo that trauma in the first instant. I am happy that the things changed for good after the re-modelling of the shower.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-30)
yomamma,

I'm surprised that you or your daughter would want glass doors on a shower ever again. The creepy factor your daughter had to go through was bad enough, but yours was so much worse. The thought of having to see a gray hairless almost toothless skinny naked guy on your neighbors deck steps even for a few seconds puts the creepy scale to yikes. Going into my favs.

Regards
Red
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Hi Yomomma;

What a thing to happen in the shower when one is at the most vulnerable times, causing panic, fear & anxiety. Maybe this is what the old guy thought was funny, which in my book is so not funny.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Hi babygoatpuller and ashar123! Thank you both for reading my story.

Babygoatpuller- E did not ever shower in that shower again. She picked out the new shower, made entirely of clear glass.

Ashar123- after all these years I still can't get his image out of my head
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-28)
Holy crap yomamma! Definitely going to re-think taking a shower today! 😆 Did E take another shower in your bathroom after that? Can't say I'd blame her if she didn't.

Great read, as are all of your accounts!
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-28)
The skinny man. Omg! 😨 I am scared to hell. The message could have been a natural incident. But this haunted shower is really creepy.

Thanks for sharing!
yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-27)
Hi Wish-Not, valkricry and Punkysmama! Thank you all for reading my story. Yes it was creepy, one of the creepiest things I've ever endured. Remodeling the bathroom seems to have done the trick. The shower was the house's original shower, it took days to remove it, it was made of concrete with tiles over it. No doubt it could have withstood an EF 5 tornado. We've remodeled bathrooms before and never have we ever came across something like this.

Punkysmama I left out the fact that I was shaking like a leaf as I finished my shower and how as soon as I saw "Him" I ran out of the bathroom. 😐

Wish-Not I'm sorry your daughters don't live closer too. I know you must miss them horribly. My youngest is still at home and the oldest just bought the house next door to me. Of course both of my sons live in different towns (still not too far away).

Valkricry Yep definitely pervy. We wondered if perhaps it was a not so funny teenage prank. Guess we'll never know.
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-26)
Hello Yomomma,

I must echo the previous comments; super creepy. I don't know if I would have remained as calm in the shower as you did. I don't know why it seems that the bathroom/shower/bathtub is one of those extra creepy places.

You always feel like someone will be standing in front of your face when you are rinsing shampoo out of your hair and your eyes must briefly be closed. Or opening the medicine cabinet and then closing it and thinking for sure there will be someone in the mirror standing behind you.

Or maybe that's just me... Lol

Thank you for a good read. 😆
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
Okay, that was incredibly creepy! That call your daughter got is high on the perv meter. Hopefully remodeling the bathroom changed everything for the better.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
yomomma- Goodness that's SUPER creepy! Dang I can't get that image out of my head! 😭 😨

I do love your stories though. My heart aches for what your daughter had to go through. I'm grateful my experiences started after my girls had grown and moved away. Well, not really but they didn't have to endure my stuff. Wish they were closer 😊

Great account yomomma!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: