You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unknown Entities In Our New House Pt. 3: They Wake Me Up

Real Ghost Stories

Unknown Entities In Our New House Pt. 3: They Wake Me Up

 

Since I have done the cleansing in my house, I haven't experienced anything and I thought it was just gone, but just recently the past two weeks something has come back. This story will almost be a "Part 3" to my story "Unknown Entities In Our New House" but will be a little more in depth. If you have read my other story entry "Unknown Entities In Our New House" you will know more about what I am about to tell you.

These past 2 weeks around 2:30 am I have been getting jolted awake only to find this little boy standing at the end of my bed just staring at me. I know this is not a dream because I have seen him before. This time I was able to actually see facial features and his clothing. He looks to be around 7 years old and was wearing a hat, white button up tee shirt with shorts and suspenders. He seemed to be pretty well dressed but the time period is definitely in the 1800's.

He usually stares at me for about a minute or so then starts to walk into my living room. Once I see he's cleared the door, I get up and walk to my living room only to find it empty, and he is no longer there.

This has been going on for the last 2 weeks every night almost, and the same exact routine happens. I have tried to do some research on the property to find out if anyone has died in my house but my house was built in the 1950's and I am not sure what it was before that time.

I live on Long Island in Suffolk County, if anyone has any ideas please let me know, I would like to hear your input on this. He seems like an innocent child and I feel like he's trying to either tell me or show me something.

Other hauntings by brighteyez

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brighteyez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

brighteyez (9 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
RedWolf - Hello fellow long islander, thank you so much for your history lesson haha. I will definitely try and communicate with this spirit and that sounds like a good idea to write down questions and see if he will answer.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
brighteyez,

I'm sorry I didn't do anything but let you know your house was farmland or woodland before it was a house. Maybe that's really all you need to know. In the late 1800s' through I guess early (?) 1900's maybe longer boys wore knickers (down to the knee) and girls ALWAYS wore dresses unless they helped out on the farm. So let's assume that he was from the early mid-1900s' 40s'-50s'.

I'm going to suggest what everyone else has and try to communicate with the boy. You can leave a pencil and marble notebook out and write questions like what's your name and who's coming?. He may surprise you by answering on paper.

Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
brighteyez,

I also live on Long Island in Suffolk County.

As I found out through my children Long Island history has not been taught in school for quite some time. It's a shame really because they weren't even taught that Montauk Lighthouse was the first lighthouse commissioned by George Washington and that it was originally situated between 1 mile or 1/2 mile inland and corrosion from storms is why it is now very close to the cliff.
To answer your question most of Long Island was farm land. Brooklyn and Queens was the only place fully built up before the 20th century. The Gold Coast (Northern Nassau County, Port Washington was approximately in the middle) was the first part of Long Island to have houses, restaurants etc. Then they built towards the South Shore. They didn't start building houses in Suffolk County until after WW2. There were "some" houses built out here but generally by rich people or old whaling houses. In Central Islip they built an Insane Asylum with quite a few buildings with underground tunnels to connect buildings for maintenance workers and food workers. Nassau County and Western Suffolk Counties were pretty much built up by the late '40s early '50s Eastern Suffolk was still mostly farm land except for vacation homes on the north and south shores until developments and neighborhoods started popping up in the mid to late 60's. There is still a lot of farmland in western Suffolk and A LOT of wineries more so on the north fork than the south fork. Quite a few haunted places too. Long Island is sort of shaped like a fish and got it's name by early settlers loosely translating the name.

Oh my gosh sorry for such a long history lesson. You can e-mail me if you have any questions. My main e-mail is on my profile page.

Regards
Red
brighteyez (9 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-22)
Thank you everyone for the help.

All of our furniture in the house is completely new, except for this huge ceiling fan that came with the house that I love, not sure how old it is, but it was there before the previous owners of my house moved in.

My fiance has never seen anything, he tends to block it out when I tell him about these things as he doesn't believe in them. He really isn't a heavy sleeper, the sound of rain wakes him up.

Haha that's funny tweed but I will keep up the cleansing, I don't think I should be afraid of this little boy at this point, it doesn't feel like that sort of presence more like calm.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-20)
Scrap my last comment and listen to what Biblio typed as I was attempting mine.
I want to highlight what he said about how you feel at the time. I forgot to say in my last comment that being woken, you say 'jolted' this could be your subconscious jolting you awake.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-20)
Brighteyez, far out.

Agree with what everyone has said. I went back and read the other parts to this. I thought you may have been another poster who had a old timey child wake them up but that wasn't in the middle of the night, twas more like morning.
Seems like this boy wants to alert you to something in the living room, as Shelbylorre says. You gotta keep up the cleansings or crap can come back after a while.
Yeah, going into the lounge, having you follow seems like it's 'the point'. I'd guess the intent here is that you follow and cop a load of whatever he wishes to alert you to.

You mentioned shoving in another post, I'm stuck on taht for some reason. Like a piece to the puzzle that'll fall into place.

Hope this makes sense, Someone's had no sleep. Keep up the cleansings. Actually have you ever not followed the boy? I'd be inclined not to after round 2 or 3. Tell him to blank off and/or wake your partner as soon as it happens. That'll probably do the trick. Try leaving your lounge light on at night, no basis for that suggestion, figure it might make a difference. If the boy is afraid of the dark his fear might be exasperating something.

Haha just read this back. Don't tell him to blank off, maybe ask him what he wants or suggest he go home or back to bed or something. That might trip the sequence.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-08-20)
Greetings, Brighteyez.

First, Rook's cleansing clearly had an effect on the spiritual aspects of your home; one of the benefits of Rook's method is that it will expel negative entities, but permits good or neutral entities to remain. As the manifestation of the little boy is now much more clear to you, I would suggest that the negative energy is less powerful than it had been in the past. The negative presence may have been using the boy (preventing him from leaving, blocking him from appearing clearly, or forcing him to manipulate you). If this sounds sinister, I apologize, but many spirits were people; there are as many types of spirit as there are types of person: kind, controlling, humorous, selfish... You get the idea. If the boy never left, there is a possibility that he is simply a child who is associated with your property. I'd add the county Tax Assessor's Office to Ruskin's helpful list of places to check for information about the past, and -morbid though it sounds- his identity may be traceable through the county coroner's historical records. Some municipalities include this information in the "Annual Report" of the proceedings of the branches/departments of local government; one of the wonders of the American Democratic Republic system of governance is that the government -on almost every level- is required to provide the public with a document telling you (and posterity) just what the hell they did with your tax money.

Now, following a similar line of thought to Shelby's comment, I'm going to quote two sequential paragraphs from "Unknown Entities In Our New House, Pt. 2":

"I was just sitting up a little bit on my pillow and all of a sudden I saw a dark shadow, darker than the room come directly over me, I did not know what to do. All I know is that I could not move. After it floated over me for about a minute that felt like forever, it moved towards the foot of the bed. I was able to move at this time.

"As I was sort of fascinated by it, I grabbed my phone to turn on the screen to see if I could see anything. I had waved my phone slowly towards the end of my bed and I saw what seemed to shaped itself into a small child, looked back at me and said 'Hide, he's coming for you'."

So, first he got got your attention, then he gave you a creepy-as-all-hell warning; now, he's back, in a much more detailed manifestation, but has become more elusive once he's left the room. This suggests to me 2 options:
1. He wants you to follow him for some reason (e.g.: find something significant to him, find something you need to know, etc.).
2. He wants you to leave the bedroom or the house (whether for his benefit or for yours is unclear).

Don't just react, but ask yourself how you feel when the events are occurring: "Trust your gut." There's a reason our subconscious continues to function despite having more complex processes in our conscious minds-- instinct can save your life before you've had time to think it through.

If your gut is telling you that the second reason I listed applies, I'd suggest reviewing Spockie's comment, then consider repeating Rook's cleansing. While it is a very thorough methodology, not all spirits are thrilled with being pushed out of "their" space and will take any opportunity to work their way back inside.

On the other hand, if your gut is telling you that the boy is not a sinister presence, but one who needs help and who has reached out to you, as you are "open" to his presence, research into the history of your home's location, combined with addressing the boy directly (e.g.: "What do you want? Do you need help?") will lead to more information. He was capable of speech before, so he should be capable of speech now. Again, my efforts here to cover all the bases about this boy entity are going to depend entirely upon how he makes you feel when you are "jolted awake" at 2 a.m.; if you feel overwhelming fear -as opposed to surprise- your subconscious is trying to tell you that there's a reason for serious concern.

Has your fiancé seen this spirit, felt any of the presences, or reacted to your nocturnal trips to the living room in any way? Some people are heavy sleepers (I don't always notice my wife getting out of bed) and don't wake up when something is going on; others will wake up but not be able to see/understand what their partner is going (my wife will wake at a very slight movement or sound, but has no idea why I'm trying to track the source of a feeling/energy around our room in the dark).

As always, trust your gut instincts.

Best,
Biblio.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-19)
Have you checked with the local historical society? Newspaper archives? They'd be good sources to find out what was there before your house was built.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-19)
Reading your other experiences in the house, it seems the activity is situated around the living room and partially the basement.

The cleansing meditation might have moved the basement issue to the yard, but it sounds like the living room child is still having a problem.

I suggest two entities, and they seem to be familiar with each other (the child told you 'he' was coming). Any 'new' antique objects in the living room? Even a perminant fixture like a refurnished chandelier in there?

I suppose they could be residing either in an object or buried nearby, since graveyards weren't typically in people's immediate backyards once upon a time.

The living room should be your focus, cleaning, purging, etc. Maybe if the boy goes, the thing in the yard will too.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-19)
A ghost doesn't have to be connected to the house where it appears; he could be connected to the land or to something in the house such as a piece of antique furniture or an antique toy. Also, sometimes spirits change appearance at will. It is possible this is not the ghost of a dead child, but a shape shifting, not so nice spirit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: