You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Step Dad Passing And Picture

Real Ghost Stories

My Step Dad Passing And Picture

 

3 years ago I remember I was on my way to costco and I couldn't shake this feeling I was having. It was as if something horrible happened but nothing had happened. I kept telling myself that everything is fine. My anxiety was through the roof. The next day I received a phone call from my brother he said "are you sitting down?" I said "yes" I knew something had happened. He couldn't get the words out quick enough. "Bill died." WHAT!" I screamed. "How?" I asked. "He had a heart attack."

Bill was my stepdad for over 20 years. I cared about him deeply. Him dying was totally unexpected. The events that followed where even more unexpected. So much paranormal experiences happened following his death. I am going to write about each one as I find the time.

The first thing I did, after finding out about his death was fly over to my moms house. She lived 2 hours away. The weather had just started to warm up and I had just had a baby girl. The month was june, 2013.

By the time I got there, my entire family was there. I went upstairs where my mom was in her room, she was alone and crying. I could immediately feel a electric charge through my whole body when walking into her room. I asked her how this could have happened. She told me the same story as my brother had said earlier. I just wanted to hear it from her because it felt so unreal. He was only in his early 50's. How could this happen? There was so many unanswered questions.

After talking with her, I walked down stairs where I started talking to my aunt. As I was talking to her, I saw my stepdad for a millisecond. It was so quick! I looked and he was gone. My eyes quickly twitched back to my aunt, but I knew right then what I had seen.

That night I decided to stay for a few night. After everyone left, it was just me and my mom home. That night, I was laying on my moms bed and she was cleaning up her room. My baby was also on her bed. I was playing with the baby and once again I could feel that static electricity feeling. All of a sudden, I could see a ball of light. It was zooming around the room, separating and then becoming one again. It was now over the baby. This was no "orb" like you see in pictures. The only way to describe it is a pure, ball of light about the size of a quarter maybe a little larger at times. At one point it went through my body, I could feel an electric charge. This light was not going away.

My Step Dad Passing And Picture

I pulled out my camera to see if I could get a picture. I was saying "mom! Mom! Don't you see it?" She could not see it. I quickly snapped a few pictures. In the picture (I will try to upload them with this story) I could see a funnel like light. There was no lights in the room that where in that area. The camera did not pick up what I had seen but it did pick something up! Even my mom tried to figure it out with no prevail.

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my moms voice. I could hear her talking, but there was someone in the doorway that was not her. I could see a man, similar build as my step dad. It almost looked like a screen of a old black and white TV with bad reception. The image was foggy but I could tell his mouth was moving like he was trying to say something. As my moms voice got closer, the image turned into a ball of light and flew through my room out the window.

During my 3 days there, I continued to see this light everywhere I went. I told my brother's wife about the light. She was frequently over there and could pick up something paranormal as well. She had some stories of her own.

One of which, I am going to end mine with because it has to do with the same ball of light. She was picking up some baby stuff I left for her at my moms house. She walked into the office and could also see the same ball of light that I was seeing! She pulled out her camera. Her picture she took on her cell phone was INSANE! I mean, I have never seen anything like it. It will be attached as well if allowed by site. You could see a ball of light so bright, it was pure light. Just what I had seen but much bigger and it was leaving a trail. It was amazing. I was so happy that I was not the only one seeing things.

Thanks for reading. Much more to be continued.

Other hauntings by chelscp11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelscp11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-07)
Bibliothecarius,
The video you discribe is simular to one I had seen a few months ago after my naighbor passed away unexpectedly. Her husband saw a flying ball of light in his home the day she passed, he pulled his cell phone out and it was all caught on video. I like to imagine this to be a ball of energy and the way spirt travels. Pretty cool if you think of it like that! I want to fly around and mess with my loved ones. Lol

I want to add, my stepfather was really into the afterlife and was the type that would want me to know the afterlife is real! He came to me in a dream and I asked him, "what is the afterlife like?" He said he couldn't tell me, said that I will find out soon enough. I found this dream to be real because we talked through our minds not with voice. It was a very real and strange. Something that I will never forget.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-07)
chelscp,

I did try to explore every alternative I could imagine as I examined your photograph. If there has been no digital manipulation, nor any deliberate attempt to manufacture the result, then I say you've got an image of an orb.

The few images/clips I feel comfortable stating contain orb phenomena have the orbs moving at belief-defying speed and/or interacting with physical objects. One amateur videographer captured a pair of orbs zipping through his back yard, approaching the gate, slowing down as the latch opened, floating through the opening, then disappearing as the gate closed. That is a sequence of events which would have taken an insane degree of planning to accomplish (this was about 15 years ago). I don't know for certain that it wasn't faked, but if it had been a guerrilla marketing campaign (for example) I have yet to find out why someone would go to those lengths.

The short version (too late!) is that I think you're telling the truth & you were lucky to capture the image. I look forward to seeing your future uploads.

Best,
Biblio.
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-07)
I also want to add, this picture is much more distorted than the original. The original is clear as day. I believe up loading it has distorted the color and made it a little less clear. Also, the reason I was not able to add the other pictures I have is because they are on my old phone. I need to uplaod onto a computer and right now I don't have a working laptop to do so. I will try to soon! Or add them to another story. Thanks everyone.
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-06)
Bibliothecarius,
Thank you for considering this to be real. I was really hoping people would not just chop this out as a fake. Mostly, because I was seeing this with my eyes, not just in pictures. The speed of this light was insane! At one point it followed me around the house and I could not get away from it. The backround of this picture is a flag, his ashes, and a picture of him. He served 20 years in the army. The picture of my stepdad looks to be turned in the direction of the window and that pictire looks to be reflecting light.

Assuming picture is authentic, would you consider this to be an orb? When I look up pictures of orbs, I have trouble finding pictures like this. I did watch a documentary recently called the paranormal investigations on netflix. Anyone who has not watched this needs to. It is one of the best paranormal documentaries I have ever seen. In this, they discribe what I was seeing. The ball of light seperating, going through their body and moving very quickly. They also claim one man was healed after this light went through his body. I found that to be interesting because the light went through my body (stomach) and it was a feeling I can't put into words. Thanks again for all the input!
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-06)
Rook, Thanks for you comment. In the picture no flash was used. The camera was an iphone. The attic is located upstairs. The office that this picture was taken in, is located down stairs. The natural light in the room is coming from a window on the left hand side of the room. I am assuming no light was turned on because of how bright the room was with natural light. I could be wrong. I have 2 other pictures that also show the same ball of light followed by a trail of light. When I would see this ball of light with my eyes, it did not have a trail following it. I just assumed because of the speed of the light, it left a trail on the picture. The speed of this light was fast. No words to describe how fast it was.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-04)
Very interesting! I have had similar experiences. Also, my son-n-law was trying to take a few pictures of his new apartment. It was a suite. Very nice. But every time he tried taking a picture, this light similar to your picture would show up. Only it was in the shape of a long spiral. Very cool. He sent them to me and I saved them in my yahoo email and now I can't find those pictures anywhere. I wish I had them because I would upload them on this site for others to see. And no, he was not using a flash because the first pic he took, he was, he thought it was the flash so he shut it off yet still the same thing. He thinks it was his deceased dad.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-02)
This picture is confusing... At first I was going to say this was something very close to the lens, like a hair or length of fiber from something, reflecting the flash but the longer I looked the more I wondered if the Flash had been used or gone off. It's dark enough in the background I have to ask this...

Was a flash used?

Further study and I find what appears to be a dark line running from the ceiling down into the top most bright orb... And I thought of an attic access draw string with something reflective scattering the light... Again though this would call for a source of light to be reflected and this room does not seem to be one that would have an attic access in it.😕

If one follows the trail, the 'layering of the orb's 'light' trail suggests (at least to me) that it moved from the top center (ish) of the camera frame then down towards the right of the camera frame (in theater this would be called 'stage left'). It was moving extremely fast OR 2 different orb's were captured moving along the same flight path.

Thanks for sharing...

Respectfully,

Rook
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-02)
Greetings, chelscp11.

I freely admit I am predisposed to dismiss photographs of orbs.

I usually see insects, dust, lens flares, etc. It is never my intent to deride or to mock the photographer; I want to remove all possible mundane explanations for genuinely unaltered images. The few photos which pass through my barrage of skeptical questions and alternative explanations relatively unscathed are far more likely to be genuine depictions of paranormal phenomena. Like Agent Mulder, I *want* to believe...

There is a bookcase on the far wall. The top shelf has a memorial flag and several medals on display; while it's hard to make out the number medals, there appears to be a pretty creditable group for one individual who saw active service. These medals, because of the angle of the case, do *not* appear to be reflecting light to a significant degree; in fact, they're more in shadow than illuminated. The picture frame on the next shelf down, however, does have a pretty bright reflective surface, and it seems to present a consistent glare from a sunlit window to the left of the bookcase. That could account for a single bright lens flare, but the image in this picture varies in brightness as though moving from the lower right hand side -away from the camera- then toward the camera at its brightest point, ultimately travelling upward and away from the camera again. An arc of movement by the photographer's hand would be more likely to generate an arc of uneven brightness (a gradient from bright-to-dim or vice versa), not from bright-to-dim-to-bright-to dim. The movement required to generate such an arc of light also would smear background portions of the image, also. These other details are *far* from being smeared; they are reasonably clear -the autofocus is more interested in the light than in the background, so there is minor blurring, but nothing equivalent to the speed of movement indicated by the orb.

If the orb moved in the direction opposite to the one I suspect it travelled, the orb would have dropped down toward the camera, backed up, changed its angle of approach, and passed the photographer on the right. The speed at which it would have needed to perform this maneuver for a single image is highly impressive (I'm thinking approx. Mach 2, but I'd need a more scientifically-knowledgable person (RedWolf? Rook? A little help, here, please?) to confirm this, or someone with greater knowledge of cameras and lighting (Tweed? Am I making sense?).

As the panelling on the door appears to be lit from behind the camera (or by the camera?), there may be a second window or light source coming into play; however, that wouldn't account for the "connectedness" of the orbs apparently on a single -if erratic- flight path.

As I said, I like to try to debunk orb photographs, but my first few fusillades of logical attack have left your image surprisingly unscathed.

I'm leaning, much to my own surprise, toward believing you've got an inexplicable manifestation in motion caught in a single image.

A tip of my rather dashing fedora in your direction; absent other evidence to demonstrate a natural explanation to account for the entirety of the orb, I believe you.

Best,
Biblio.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-02)
Love your story and would love to see more writings about your experiences. The photo of the orb is very clear and not be be mean but it kind of does look like time laps photography. I do love that I have finally been able to see a photo attached to one of these stories without having to hunt to find it or click a link. Wonderful picture. That being said I do have a question about the size of orbs you or anyone have seen. What size do they appear to be say like golf ball, baseball, softball or larger/smaller?
Blessed be.
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-01)
Dear Chelscp11,

I must tell you that this is a really compelling story. I get what you said, when you have that unshakeable feeling of impending disaster, doom, misfortune, or whatever you call it. It's like a painful pit in your stomach! A truly physical pain! Best to steel yourself for the unknown when and if you ever get that feeling again.
You are level headed to be able to capture that photo at such a stressful time! Your Stepfather must have decided to come back to let you know that he made it to the other side of the veil and was doing fine!
I'm looking forward to your next story!

Thanks,
Mother of Beagles ❤
Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-31)
Your story and photo is absolutely amazing:) thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: