You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Boy With Red Hair

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy With Red Hair

 

I am new to this site, but I have always wanted to tell my story to a larger crowd. I have not told many people this story. It took me a year to even bring it up for the first time. It just seems so insane and farfetched that I figured no one would believe me! Please give me your thoughts.

I am a 29 year old female. When I was 16 years old, I was at my best friend's house whom I almost lived with. I was always over at her house. We regularly hung out in the garage that we turned into a little hang out area. We had music and a table for playing cards at. Her house was an older house. It always put off the creep vibe but I had never had a paranormal experience so it definitely was not something that was on my mind.

On one particular night, my best friend and I were hanging out in the garage. She left the room to eat, I followed but then had to return for something before she did. There was a cloth we hung from the door that divided the hangout room from the actual garage. As I walked into the garage, I remember hearing Bob Marley playing on the stereo.

I pulled the cloth divider back and immediately could see a little boy sitting on the ground. He was sitting crossed legged and looking up at the stereo as if he was enjoying the music. He was wearing a blue and white striped shirt and his hair was wavy, fire engine red. Right at that moment, I realized I was seeing a spirit. I could see right through him. The garage door behind him was visible through his body. I shut the curtain.

Then BAM like out of nowhere my mind, eye, my spirit came out of my body. I went right through the curtain and for a second I could see every thread in it. Then the curtain was behind me. I was in the same room as the little boy and I could see him very clearly. My spirit went right in front of him doing a circle around him and then stopping. I was looking him directly in his blue eyes. I could see every freckle in his face. Then as fast as it happened I entered back to my body.

I quickly left the room. Before I could make it out, I heard a voice but not an actual voice, it was like having someone else's thought in my head. It asked "Are you scared of me?" I believe the child ghost communicated with me telepathically. I quickly got out of there. I did not even tell my best friend. I just thought it sounded too crazy.

This is a story I have kept to myself for many years. Just writing about it brings tears to my eyes. This was something that was very terrifying for me at 16 and I thought about it a lot. I tried to do research of the property and nothing. I had more experiences then this one in that house and in life. I will share with you guys as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for reading. Stay tuned...

Other hauntings by chelscp11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelscp11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-23)
Biblio,

I'll back up everything you have said! I am a natural redhead too (best regards to your doubtless lovely redheaded wife) and I've done my own research too. Sometimes it is rather difficult to convince doctors regarding the problems with anesthesia and pain killers etc - we can also tolerate a higher level of pain... But once it gets over that threshold... Man oh man it takes a lot to turn it down again! In terms of ability to experience the paranormal - I don't class myself a psychic or even all that sensitive but I have had quite a few experiences and tend to be highly intuitive - however, I am in agreement that it's not necessarily a factor of hair color. Have you or your wife ever read 'The Roots of Desire' by Marion Roach - if not, I highly recommend it! It's a must-read for redheads and deals with a lot of the same information you mentioned plus the folk history of redheads in society.

Back to the story with my apologies to the author if it seems we have drifted off topic. I don't doubt your account at all - it was very straight forward and concisely related. I wonder if the red hair might actually have quite a lot to do with the experience - not that redheads have special powers (though folk tales in ages gone by have made such claims) but actually quite the opposite... Redheads are often victims of horrid taunting, teasing and bullying because of their red hair - we are called ugly, freaks, carrot tops, told we don't have souls (take the US reaction to South Park's wildly irresponsible idea of 'National Kick a Ginger Day' as an example) etc. Perhaps, whoever this little boy was, he was accustomed to bullying and ostracism - it might have hurt his feelings when you turned away. Perhaps the emotional reaction he had when he witnessed someone turning away from him again created enough energy to draw you in where he made you *look* at him to see that he wasn't a monster, just a little boy.

I don't know, I'm a redhead, my brother is a redhead and my first love and now best friend are all redheads - so maybe I am just biased towards redheads and quick to read my partiality into my own interpretations.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-22)
H2olily:

The **biological** senses of redheads are slightly different from everyone else: they are more sensitive to feeling cold; they are more resistant to anaesthetics; and they are more tolerant of the itching/stinging sensation caused by capsaicin (in chilis, peppers, etc.). There is recent science data (over the last decade or so) backing up these assertions.

The reason is they have the gene to be redheads, which is the "original" hair color of human beings. Basically, if you look at the human genome, first we developed cell walls, then basic nutrient consumption, then a nerve bundle (a bit like the notochord), then red hair. It's seriously the 4th thing that human beings ever had, well before newer biological innovations like eyes, fingernails, and legs. The rest of us, though, mutated away from red hair, carrying it as a recessive gene; however, when a gene mutates, it often carries unexpected side effects in what we think of as "separate" systems in our bodies.

My wife, a natural copper-red, and I cannot agree on a temperature that is "comfortable" because I over-heat too quickly (my body runs a full degree below "normal") while she's still trying to warm up. That is why we were interested in the scientific/medical publications... Which were released AFTER she had her wisdom teeth removed, only to discover -upon reviving from the anaesthetic- that the pain killers which were supposed to help had absolutely no effect upon her.

On the other hand, she has very little sensitivity to the supernatural. She's grown to trust my peculiar "gifts" such as they are (precognition, prophetic dreaming, a weird sensory-field thing, and post-cognitive sight are the most frequent, but I'm a seriously undisciplined intuitive). She has never had, to the best of my knowledge, a genuine supernatural experience.

There are clearly identifiable traits which accompany red hair, but they are ALL physiological; parapsychological phenomena happen to all manner of people, irrespective of race, age, gender, belief, tradition, occupation, or knowledge.

Now, because you've read this on the internet, I'd recommend that you double-check the data I've presented, just to make certain that I've not tried to mislead you. That way, you'll discover corroboration of my statements.

Best,
Biblio.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-22)
H2olily - as Lady-Glow said, not everything you read on the internet is true. I'm not a ginger;)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-09-22)
H2olily:
REALLY?...then, why is Superman dark a haired guy? 😕
I'm sure sensitive people come in all colours of skin.

Remember, just because something is in the internet doesn't mean it is true.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-09-22)
I just read a meme online that mentioned that historically gingers are believed to supernatural qualities, if not actually powers.
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-30)
Mystery,
Thanks for reading. To answer your question, the people that lived in that house actually took part in raising me. There was no one there other then the people that lived there when this happened. Drugs were not a factor in that home. My friend has had plenty of experiences as well. Hearing kids play and much more. About a month after my expiriance, I saw a old mans refletion in the mirror. It was very vivid. He walked away and I could see him moving away from me. I could not see him outside of the mirror, just the reflection but the mirror was a big and I could see all but his waist down. This seemed to be the same discription that my friends younger brother described, when he saw a man walking into the basement. He came running in the room saying "a man walked into the basement!" Later discribing the same features that I saw without knowing about my experience. We searched basement and nothing. The paranormal storys go on and on at the house and in my life. The creep vibe I mentioned is just an eerie feeling I would get in that home. I would feel a charge of electricity sometimes. Everytime I feel I am around spirt or I have an experience, I get the same electric feeling through my body. I got it really intense when I saw the boy. At the time it felt creepy, but I now believe it to be spirit based on all of the many experiences I have had following the out of body experience. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks. 😁
MysteryResearch (23 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-29)
Hi Chelscp11,

This is a great story, thank you for sharing it.

I think there are many possible explanations for what you saw, and I personally think sweetsunshine1800 is on to something, that it was a harmless spirit, and the experiences you had, seeing a spirit then having an out of body experience, were somehow connected.

But I couldn't help but wonder whether there might be an alternate, unpleasant explanation. You mentioned the house had a creep vibe. Was this caused by the house, or was someone in the household creepy, and possibly untrustworthy? There is a club drug called ketamine that apparently has been known to produce out of body experiences. Was there anyone else in the house with you and your friend that night who you didn't know well or trust? Any unattended beverages? This is probably way out of left field, but just a question to consider.

I am sure you will get some answers to what happened. Are you still in touch with your friend? Maybe she could shed some light on the matter.
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-28)
Rook,
I appreciate all of you insight into my experience. Thank you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-28)
The Bible, if carefully read, actually tells us that there are more than just 'demons'. It also WARNS us not to 'trifle' with them. Here are two good examples:

1 John 4:1

1 Samuel 28:6-20

I tend to think of it like this, is my spirit/soul a 'demon'? Personally I do not think so. Heavenly Father did not create mortal bodies to house 'demons' he created 'vessels' where Heavenly Spirits could go and have a physical experience. Just my opinion though.

Let us also keep in mind this is a site to share our Ghost experiences and not a Religious web site... Please send any questions to the e-mail on my profile. 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-28)
Also, my family is very religious so they have never been into anythung supernatural. In fact, I grew up believing that there was only demons and no such thing of spirts. That's according to my grandma and other family members, based on the bible.
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-28)
Properperspective,
Thank you for your intrest in my story. To awnswer your question, no. Before this incident, I had no paranormal experiences. I was not into quiji boreds, tarot or anything of the supernatural. I hadn't even watched shows containing storys of the paranormal. It is safe to say I was a skeptic. However after this, I did all of the above. I also started having a lot of experience that I believe to be real. I can't wait to share them. Waiting on some to be aproved. The next one has a picture that I would love your opinion on. It should be approved in the next week or so. If you have anymore questions please let me know. I am more then willing to share my experiences.
😁
properperspective (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-27)
Hello chelscp11,
I am a paranormal researcher, so I am interested in your case.
Ok. From my peripheral understanding of what may have taken place here, it would seem as though the entity which you saw in this circumstance was presenting itself in a form that was palatable to you to accept.

It is obvious to me that this entity knew you were returning, and so it was ready to reveal itself to you.

However, there are some questions which need to be answered.

Questions: -

1. Do you have a history of using tarot cards, Ouija boards, grimoires, meditations, or any other occultic/esoteric methods and means?

2. Did you and/or your friend tamper with any of the above in the garage?

3. Are any members of your family involved in any of the aforementioned activities, or have a history of doing so?

I thank you if you can further the results of my research.
Briannalynn (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
How could you say that leaving your body is not possible... Are you all knowing? There are a lot of things that we don't know or understand. I've had some pretty amazing stuff happen to me that would probably get me sent to a loony bin if I told anyone because people are so closed minded and they are scared of what they do not know. You would be surprised what things are possible when the mind is completely opened up! Some people open their mind naturally without even realizing it and some people have to work hard to open their mind up and see everything around you.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
No problem - life is mysterious, despite our many attempts at explaining everything away.

I always recall the East Indian tale of the 5 blind men touching an elephant. It referenced the 5 different religions of India and how each had a part of the whole, but no one could understand the entire elephant and how the parts related to one another.

Sometimes the parts (or experiences) just don't connect or add up immediately, or at all, and you have to chalk it down to 'well that was weird,' and be ok with that. Easier said than done, I know. Something is going on but it will have to stay a mystery for the moment.
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
I am pretty sure a 16 year old can have a out of body experience without trying because I was that 16 year old. I still can recal the fibers in the curtain, and how it looked as if I was seeing through a microscope for a second, when I was going through it. After that, yes it absolutely opened my mind to the afterlife. I started to be able to sense and see ghost. This ability has never gone away. This was the first of many encounters, I can't wait to share and get insight on. Thanks to all who read. I appreciate any and all comments or thoughts.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
Chelscp11,

First Thank you for sharing your experience here at YGS.

It could have been the boy you circled while experiencing OBE, was causing this, which could explain why you had no control.

Maybe he wanted someone to talk to even for a brief moment, and because you saw him, he used that as his moment to do so.
I don't think he meant to scare you, or harm you.
Just he needed a small moment to be noticed.

Thanks again for sharing
Spiritwaiting

This comment from Monty998 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
chelscp,

Very interesting encounter you had. I can't add anything to what the others have said. I know it had to be shocking to be pulled out of your body. I have to ask you a question though. Has that experience make you more interested in or more afraid of the supernatural? Don't listen to Monty saying a 16 year old can't have an O.B.E. Whether by accident or by being gifted I think it can and has been done.

I am looking forward to reading more of your accounts.

Regards
Red
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
That last prt if my comment was supposed to be at shelby. Accidentally put wrong name in.
chelscp11 (3 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
To Everyone who has left a comment,
Thank you for reading. To awnswer some of your questions. This was the one and only time I have had an out of body experience. Also, I had no control of what I did when my spirt left my body. Going in front of the boy and stopping to look at him, was the exact opposite of what I would have done if I was in control. I was however very aware of what I was doing at the time it was happening, I just had no control over it. I know I will not get any forsure awnswers from here, but it is nice to share and hear opionions. Seems like some are as confused as I am. Trust me when I say this, I would not have believed it if it did not happen to me. I can not sit here and pretend to explain what happened. I honestly just don't know.

Rookdygin,
Best comment I think I have ever read on any story. Thanks. Absolutely true what you say about doubt. I have tried to come up with a realistic explanation of what happened that night, and I come to a dead end everytime.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
I've had numerous out of body experiences, sometimes they are voluntary, sometimes they happen randomly and are involuntary, it just depends on the situation.

I think in this case, the spirit child realized he was being watched, and 'drew' you near to get a better look at you. Or 'drew' you near so you could examine him and know he was not your imagination. I think it was only alarming in the fact that it seemed involuntary and pretty weird.

I suspect he probably had been hanging out with you both for a while unseen, so felt more familiar with you than if you had stumbled on him in an abandoned building or something. Thus the 'circling' movement of 'see me see me, you can see me.' I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to be there, never seen.

You could see him (Rook's opening eye suggestion) and he was probably pretty excited about it, which resulted in the whispering to you after the viewing.

Regarding the previous comments, let's keep in mind we are discussing the spirit world - something we really only know when we're dead. Living, we are all by degrees ignorant, although some more than others.

"Fools and fanatics are always so sure of truth, while the wise are full of doubt." This is especially true regarding spirituality, ghosts, etc.

Anyone professing to know the absolute 'truth' of your experience is not only foolish, but may have an unpleasant agenda of their own (burning witches comes to mind).
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Monty,

I am an EX-solo Practicing Witch, have studied Demonology and currently hold the High Priesthood for the Christian Church I have chosen to attend, its all in my profile.

It's my opinion that UNTIL the 'cord' that connects our spirit to our bodies is severed our bodies will live... It may not always be seen but until its 'cut'...

Hang one, let's not detract from the O/P's experiences let's chat over here...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23305

It's one of my experiences and just happens to cover a wee bit of what we seem to be discussing, come on over, I look forward to your reply.

Respectfully,

Rook
Monty998 (1 stories) (50 posts)
-4
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Rook you practice witchcraft or demonology? What exactly are you asking about NDE? Yes OBE and astral projection need a lot of effort and not possible for 16 year old. When a spirit or spirits possess a body the host's spirit is not pushed out. It stays within. If the host's spirit is pushed out then he dies and cannot return back to the body.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Monty,

Please check yourself and slow down a wee bit. You join the site today (heaven only knows how long you may have been lurking) and without even a small introduction in your Profile you jump right in telling people you can help them OR offering advice based on your opinion... I however have a slightly different opinion concerning OBE's, Astral Projection and the BIG P word Possession.

You stated this...

"No spirit can pull you out of your body and you cannot just have OBE when you are seeing a spirit or awake."

May I ask you this...

How does one experience a 'near death experience'? Recorded instances tend to show that the individual was awake and aware of what was happening during these events.

Astral Projection: This is a form of OOB, it is, most often a conscious effort by the individual though it can happen while one sleeps.

Out of Body Experience/Remote Viewing: Again, a conscious effort is needed by the individual, though in the case of an OBE this may happen while one sleeps.

Possision: Another SPIRIT takes control of your body... Where is your spirit? Crushed under the 'Hostile One' or shoved out until it can fight its way back in?

Please remember there are many members here, each with their own opinions...

For the OP... At 16 this experience may, MAY, may have been your 'third eye' opening up allowing you to see clearly into the spirit realm. Is this the only time this happened or has it happened since? Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook

This comment from Monty998 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Hello Monty998,

I could be wrong about the OBE thing. At first when I read this story I thought that OBE thing to be confusing. But so as to not alarm the author. I didn't interpret that fact.

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
Monty998 (1 stories) (50 posts)
-4
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
No spirit can pull you out of your body and you cannot just have OBE when you are seeing a spirit or awake. OBE usually happens when we sleep. Why would you circle the spirit? Were you in control? This experience has more question and less answer.
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Hello chelscp11,

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe it some harmless spirit of a boy who's fond of Bob Marley's music and was enjoying it. Maybe you had an OBE after seeing him. I think he knew you're seeing him that's why it was communicating with you. I personally don't think he was harmful.

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: