You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Red Lady Is Staring At Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Lady Is Staring At Me

 

I'm a lurker in this page for years, but it's only today that I had the confidence to actually submit a story.

Anyway, a short background. I am a "sensitive". I can feel and sometimes see things that normal people don't feel or see, since childhood. My grandmother said it's because of my lineage. My mother's side of the family had its roots from Siquijor, an island in the Philippines known for witchcraft and alternative healers and everything about paranormal and supernatural.

My grandma came from a long line of "healers" (or should I say, witches). She is pretty in touch with creatures beyond us, and it seems like my brother and I got this trait from her. She tells us it's a gift, that we should not be scared because God is more powerful, but living and seeing things that no one else can see is hard. I almost thought I'm going crazy. But, let's stop about that and go to my story.

This story happened back in the 90's when I was still around 5 or 6 years old. That time, I was staying with my parents in a far-flung city in the south in my dad's ancestral house. Both my parents are engineers and they both work, so most of the time I was left alone with my dad's mom (my grandma). The house is a relatively old house. It's a two-story house with a long staircase.

One time grandma had to do some laundry, so she left me alone on the second floor. It's nothing but ordinary since I'm actually the kind of kid who can stay in one place and just read for hours.

It was late afternoon that day, almost 6 pm. I was busy reading while a few feet away from the staircase. From my position, the staircase is in my line of vision. Suddenly, I felt like someone is watching me. I looked down the staircase and I saw this lady in the stair landing. She's wearing this long red dress. Her hair is short, almost pixie cut although a little bit disheveled. I can't clearly see her face but she seemed smirking.

At that time, I still haven't realized that I can "see" things, so I thought she was a friend of my parents, since my parents know a lot of people who often visit us. So I talked to her.

I said, "Sino po hinahanap nila? Pauwi pa lang po si Mama. (Who are you looking for? Mama's still on her way home.) She did not answer so I shrugged and told her to come in so she can rest. I then turned to my books again, maybe just for around 15 seconds.

When I looked up, the lady's face is just an inch away from me. I don't know how or why, but the next thing I know, she's inches away from me, with those bloodshot eyes. I got so scared that I dropped everything and got an asthma attack right then and there and passed out. The next thing I know, I'm in a hospital for an asthma attack.

I asked grandma about the lady, but she said there's no one aside from the two of us at home that day. I still don't know who that lady is, but until now, I'm still scared of seeing her again. We moved houses and the last thing I know, the land was sold and the old house was brought down.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thisweirdasian, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-07)
For a five year old kid this is terrifying. Glad that nothing happened to you but if it had happened to me, I would have died on the spot.
themurph (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-05)
Wow turning around and her appearing like that. I...I don't know what id do lol. I'm happy I'm not gifted in seeing stuff like that. I try to avoid spirits best I can
parascholar (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-01)
Wow - what a terrifying experiencing for a young child to experience. Thank you for finding the confidence to share. I do wonder who this woman was and what - if anything - she wanted from you.

We are starting a new venture where we narrate people's experiences on our YouTube channel. We have a fair sized following, but out viewers are all very dedicated and open-minded. We are certain they would be intrigued to her of your story and your gift. If you are interested, we would love to hear from you.

With kind regards,
The Paranormal Scholar
rbasireddy (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-30)
Good to know that nothing serious happened. That is the most scariest, especially for a 5/6 year old:- (.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-30)
Your grandmother probably took care of things after you asked about the lady and sent her packing so she couldn't scare you again.

If you still suffer from asthma, or anyone else on here. An old remedy if you don't have your inhaler or if it isn't helping is breathing in the steam from a cup of coffee, preferably black so it will stay warm longer. The caffeine will open up your airways.

Regards
Red
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
The smirking on the stairs was creepy, maybe she wanted to scare you since you saw and talked to her.

Sounds like a bad lady anyway, glad she stayed with the property and it was a one time thing. And good thing you're grandma found you asap!
Briannalynn (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
I've had a similar thing happen to me except I didn't talk to the lady and she growled at me when she got in my face. I also saw her 4 times total not just once. I'm also a sensitive.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
Hi Thisweirdasian,

What a confronting encounter, I'm really sorry this happened to you. 😢 I'd like to think the lady was fascinated you talked to her and this was her motivation for getting in your face. But something about your extreme reaction tells me she wasn't particularly 'nice'. You felt her, acknowledged her, invited her in, and it seems you were punished for your good manners. Perhaps this woman was mentally unstable.
Whatever the case I'm glad this was a once off.
Allicatt (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
That would definitely be unnerving, especially taking your age into account. Maybe the woman's spirit was attached to the land or the house. Either way, she definitely wanted you to know she was there. Thanks for sharing this.
liza25 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Holy creeps! That was a hell of a scary story. Did you not ask your grandma about that lady later when you actually knew what are you capable of?

And do you know about the history of that place and the people who lived there?

Regards
Liza

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: