You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: She Couldn't Make It. She's Sorry.

Real Ghost Stories

She Couldn't Make It. She's Sorry.

 

This is a story my father told me and my sisters when we were still kids. It was his own experience as a child back in Nueva Ecija in the 1960s.

My grandmother's father died. Unfortunately she could not attend the funeral for whatever reason. I don't remember why, either work or something about the house. But the rest of the family attended, including my father. That night, his grandfather visited them.

He and his family all slept in the same room back then, as this was rural Philippines in the 60s and the luxury of multiple bedrooms for most people was not all that accessible. But my father was the only one to wake up to sounds at the foot of the bed. He opened his eyes and found his grandfather standing there, dressed in his burial clothes and, of course, looking like death.

"Why didn't your mother come to my funeral?" he asked.

My father knew it made no sense that he was seeing his grandfather hours after his burial, but he didn't flip. At least, he claimed he didn't. Instead, he woke his mother up and relayed the question to her. When my grandmother woke up and saw her father's ghost, however, she shut her eyes tight and started praying quietly. My father was confused as to why she wouldn't speak to his grandfather. So while she panicked and prayed all to herself, my father told the ghost that, "She couldn't make it. She's sorry."

The ghost was apparently there for a while just watching my dad and grandmother, but after that night he didn't come again. It still creeps me out to this day. I haven't asked my grandmother about it yet, but the next time I visit her, I will.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, takaw-mata, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

takaw-mata (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
illumi_zoldyck: They're from San Jose!

I like to believe he forgave her for not attending...

Pats2: That's actually very interesting. She had to be scared first in order to let go, huh.
Pats2 (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-12)
My mom told me that when my grandmother died, she was suffering so much because they were really close. My brother and I were very little so in the day she had to be strong so we wouldn't get worried. But she cried every night when we were asleep and in the shower where we wouldn't see her. And one night my grandmother appeared in her room and sat in her bed, my mother got really scared and prayed. That moment she decided that she needed to let her mother go. And my grandma never appeared again.
illumi_zoldyck (3 stories) (8 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-12)
San kayo sa nueva ecija? I'm from there too. Haha

Maybe he felt and realized that your grandma was so sorry that she couldn't make it to his funeral. Maybe the reason why her father appeared was, he was so worried about your grandma because not attending his funeral means there was a huge reason for it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: