You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Visitors From The Other Side

Real Ghost Stories

Visitors From The Other Side

 

What would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night and saw a spirit?

The first time I saw a spirit, I didn't know who they were or how they got in our house, so it was a little eerie. They visit so frequently now that it no longer surprises me.

My mother had a great interest in the paranormal, so terms like "extra sensory perception" and "ghosts" were my normal from an early age. Talking about the "other side" and actually seeing a spirit "in person" are two different things though.

Visit after visit, the ritual is always the same. Usually between the hours of 12:00 a.m. And 4:00 a.m., the spirit (always just one) visits me either in my bedroom or in the living room when I fall asleep on the recliner. When I wake up and see them, they become aware that I am looking at them and disappear. Sometimes they disappear by walking through the furniture and sometimes they disappear into thin air like a bubble bursting. I see them just long enough to remember what they look like.

They have all been friendly and I get good vibes from their visits. Most of the time I see them in vivid colors and they are usually busy doing something. Interestingly, I have never seen the same spirit twice.

Recently they are getting bolder. One Pippi Longstocking-type with pigtails sat with her legs crossed in front of me, waved and said "Hello!" Another young woman said "Hi!" and one bald man wearing a jacket stood right next to me with his arms stretched out as if to welcome me. I haven't responded to any of them because they disappear before I can say or do anything.

Some of my other recent visitors were a smiling grandmother type with her gray hair in a bun, a black haired young man focused on walking through my living room, a girl wearing camouflage bermudas and cap looking down and a man with blond hair in the distance looking straight ahead.

It reminds me of the time several years ago when I woke up around 5:00 a.m. To see an angel hovering over my bed. She had sandy blonde hair, large white wings and wore an aqua gown. The moment I saw her, she quickly disappeared. The sight of her was so awesome all I could say was "WOW!"

It may sound interesting or exciting to have spirit visitations, but it can get annoying when it happens nearly every night. So before I go to sleep, I may ask them not to visit me. They will not visit the night I make the request, but will visit a day or two later.

I asked my psychic who they are and why this is happening. She told me they are people who have died, but I do not know them. They are visiting me because I am open to all things paranormal and that they are also drawn to the fact that I am a writer.

The common thread to spirit visitations is that they always visit at night and when a person is alone and sleeping. If you want a spirit to visit you, I suggest just before you go to sleep to send a mental message to them asking them to visit. Then keep an open mind and be patient. It's probably hard for you to imagine, but once the visitations start, you may discover that they are too often and, like me, you will want to ask them to stop. As the old saying goes - be careful what you wish for!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melomelo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-23)
melomelo

I wouldn't want to have visitations every night. My father in-law and grandfather visit me enough. My father in-law plays tricks and messes with my tablets. He is here more than my grandfather who comes around mostly when one of my dogs is ailing or if one of my children is ailing or struggling with something.

Regards
Red
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-22)
Melomelo, interesting! I'm the sort of person that doesn't want visitors, so I'd be asking them to stay away every day!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: