You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Disappearing Music On Night Shift

Real Ghost Stories

Disappearing Music On Night Shift

 

I worked as a CNA at an assisted living facility with a memory care unit. The facility was only a couple of years old when I started, but many co-workers claimed that it was haunted. I've seen black shadows, the elevator came down in the middle of the night with no one there, the door alarms would sometimes go off on doors that we never used, but my strangest personal experience was the time that I heard music that disappeared when I left a certain location.

I was working the night shift. There are only 3 people on duty during night shift; a CNA on the assisted living side (me), a CNA in the memory care unit, and a nurse. The CNA that is assigned to the memory care unit isn't allowed to leave the unit unattended.

The nurse and I were sitting in a tv area on the assisted living side. All of a sudden I heard loud old fashioned music in the distance. I asked the nurse if he heard it too, and he had this weird look on his face but he nodded his head yes. I thought that either he thought I was crazy and didn't hear the music or he was playing a prank on me.

I thought that a resident had their tv on too loud, so I went into the direction of where I thought the music was coming from, but the closer I got, the more it faded until I couldn't hear it anymore. I went in every possible direction looking for the cause of this music, and everywhere I went, it disappeared. After I realized that I would never find out where it was coming from, I had to sit in the sitting area (where it was loudest) and ignore it until it stopped. It lasted a few hours.

I could tell that the nurse I was with couldn't hear the music because he kept asking if it was coming from here or there, he didn't seem interested in the situation but tried to help me find the cause and he was acting weird. After a while it was apparent that he wasn't playing a joke on me because he was with me the whole time. There's no way he could have made the music disappear like that. Besides, I'm sure he would have told me by now if he had something to do with it, isn't that part of the fun of pranking someone?

Other hauntings by Ash7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ash7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-21)
I guess I should explain my previous comment. I was in my teens when one summer my mom took my brother and me to visit our grandmother in Kentucky (My mom's mom). We stayed with my grandma in her little home. It was for elderly people that took a percentage of their social security money; they looked like duplexe's. One night my mom and I were asleep in the spare bedroom. About 5 am, it was just beginning to get light outside when we were awakened to what sounded like a church choir singing just outside the window. We couldn't make out the song but it was definitely a church song. It actually woke my mom up first then my mom whispered for me to wake up and listen. We tried looking out the bedroom window and could see a faint white outline like there were actually people standing outside the window but we couldn't make out anything else. We went to the front door and there was no one outside. The singing stopped. A few days later my great uncle passed away, (my grandmother's brother) so my mom said maybe it had been a warning.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-21)
Very interesting... I have had similar experiences with music playing but never able to find where it was coming from. Odd, very odd.
Loganberry (10 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-20)
Seems like he wanted to see if you could help find the source of what he had already experienced. I see things often, and hear things with no source, but I much prefer seeing things to hearing them and being able to find it. Drives me mad. Perhaps the music is from a time where there was something different on the land. A home with a passion for parties. A club with many guests who have yet to leave. Or maybe it was someone trying to give you something to do on an otherwise boring night.:)
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-10-18)
Ash7,
While I can't explain the how or why of your disappearing music, it sounds as if I may have had a similiar experience with music. Our's was a tin-penny whistle music, heard early morn. No matter which way you walked towards it, it would then seem to come from else where. It can drive you crazy! I know it's of no real help, but at least you know you aren't alone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: