You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: 2 People, Same Nightmare, Same Time!

Real Ghost Stories

2 People, Same Nightmare, Same Time!

 

I have been reading a lot of stories on this site and I finally decided to share one of mine. I live in a city called Pune in India. I live with my parents and younger sister. My sister is 22 and I am 26. Lately, we have been having weird experiences in my house, from voices to shadow people, to my cupboard being opened on its own, etc, etc. My sister once even saw a small ghostly child run through her room door and out the window. I have also been getting sleep paralysis very often. I've kind of got used to all these things now and it doesn't bother me much, however there is one particular story I'd like to share which my cousin brother and me experienced.

As previously mentioned, I used to have sleep paralysis quite often, I've read about sleep paralysis and it seems that it has nothing got to do with the paranormal. However, every time I had nightmares during sleep paralysis I would see a really tall shadow of a man wearing a long hat. I have never seen his face, just a tall shadow with big red eyes. I am a US IT Recruiter so I do night shifts. One night my cousin brother was staying at my place in my room alone. I was at work, but I was really tired so I decided to take a nap in my car. Now I am here, at my work place sleeping in my car and my brother was sleeping in my room. I had a horrible nightmare and woke up sweating and breathing heavily. It was around 3:00 AM. In this nightmare I saw me and my cousin sitting in my car bruised and bleeding since we had an accident, and my brother was trying to help me come to consciousness and in the back seat was the same tall shadow looking at us and laughing. That nightmare was scary enough, but what was more shocking is that, when I woke up my cousin texted me saying "bro". Usually when he texts me, I am like "hey what's up", but this time I was like "Don't tell me you so a nightmare". He was stunned and told me don't say a word I am coming to your office. He ran outta the house and drove down to my office. When we discussed what he saw, he told me he saw the SAME nightmare and the SAME person AT THE SAME TIME! Both of us apparently slept at the same time and woke up at the same time too.

I have never had an experience like this before and I am really curious to know if anyone on here has had such an experience too? I get this feeling that the "shadow man" was trying to get to me through my brothers dream, but I am no expert.

This is my first story on here, I hope it was an okay read, please let me know your thoughts on this and any similar experiences:)

Thanks in advance!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saadsayed8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

godsownchild (1 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-22)
I and my wife had a similar kind of experience tonight. Same dream same time... Someone tried to overpower us. She also had sleep paralysis!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-19)
Really strange incident, I am agree with Sanchez_92 his theory looks applicable.
Myst (63 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-21)
OP is from India. Family relationships are described differently than in US.
hmbeck09 (11 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-21)
Anyone else notice the op says "cousin brother"? And when referring to that person went back and forth between brother and cousin... 😕 😕 😕
saadsayed8 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Hey Gayatrishiva,

Thank you for sharing. Do you know anything about how this happened or what was the connection that you guys saw the same dream? Was it a nightmare or was it just a normal dream? Please let me know.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-15)
Hi Saad,
Yes I and my mom had one such dream which when I got up she was was sharing with household people and I told mom let me continue and I said the dream I had with the dress colours etc and my mom was like shocked... I will post that story soon. Its been long time I posted a story.
saadsayed8 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
Hey Sanchez,

Thank you for your comment. Yes, I thought it would be the same thing, that the shadow man was trying to get me through him since he was sleeping in my room. Yes, me and my cousin are VERY close. I am really curious to know if anyone else have had such experiences.

Thanks,
Saad
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-10-23)
This is really freaky. You think that the fact that your cousin stayed in your bedroom maybe had a connection and to you taking a nap in your vehicle. Maybe the shadow man might of gotten confused and struck him thinking it was you and it made its way to you through him striking both of you at the same time?
I'm not sure if its scientific but that they are connected by some unknown thing in the dream state.
1. They may be connected spiritually.
2. They may be in some way connected at a quantum level of reality.
3. They may be connected karmic-ally.
Because when two people are really close for example two people can share similar dreams, because they experience similar feelings. If someone significant in your life dies, this may not only affect you but also your sibling.

Thank you for sharing,

Sanchez

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: