You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Most Recent Sleep Paraysis

Real Ghost Stories

My Most Recent Sleep Paraysis

 

This is my first story so here goes...

I been experiencing sleep paralysis since I was a child. It happens more frequently the older I get (I am almost 22). I have had numerous real and alarming experiences but I will talk about those in another post.

After I left for class yesterday I went straight to my bed. I probably fell asleep between 9:50am and 10:00am. I ended up waking up out of my sleep at least 4 or 5 times because I felt something holding me down, putting most of its pressure on my lower legs. To wake up, I used all of my strength to shake my head or try to move my mouth by speaking. I tried to stay up after I woke up but I used up all of my energy fighting to wake up from paralysis.

After all of that, I had a dream. I was in a open grass field and there were other people sparsely there. I ran over to something, I forgot what it was but I remember a regular looking guy there as well. I glanced far away from the field to see 4 black men in the distance. I looked back at my direction and when I turned around once more they were right in front of me but standing more towards the left.

Two of the men had a blue suits that was so dark it was only a shade away from midnight. The other two males had jet black suits on. 3 of the men were very tall, maybe 6'5 and the man standing farthest left was shorter, maybe 5'10 or 5'11 and he had on the darkest black suit I had ever seen. None of the men said anything to me, the shorter man just gestured for me to walk over to them using his head. It felt dark, like I knew he wanted me for a reason. To join them, to be on his side and I knew better. I remember saying in my dream God is on my side, God is on my side. I said it twice.

After that dream the sleep paralysis returned and I remember saying God is on my side until I woke up saying it. I do remember something grabbing on of my lower legs before I woke up. I felt shocked that something grabbed me but I knew God was watching over me so I am okay. I feel like that dream and experience was telling me something. I woke up at 10:56am

The next night, which is today, I tried to sleep but it happened and I woke up and went to a public area, it's 5:00am so I am not sleeping.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cleanfood, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-14)
BronsonBaker,

Hello

I have sleep par. All the time. Each time can seem different but the core is the same. Can't move a muscle. I also have the sensation of being on my back but when I wake up fully I am on my right side as I always am and NEVER sleep on my back. The first time it happened I would have sworn there were dark cloaked beings moving around and toward me.
I was convinced I was dying and was scared to my wits end.
(Partly because if I were dying I sure as heck didn't want to be seeing dark beings as the ones' to greet me and take me away. LOL)
One time during an episode I actually felt I had left my body and was kind of bouncing along the ceiling and couldn't seem to get control of my steering so to speak. Bounced and rolled all the way to the kitchen before I snapped back to my body and woke up. It was really kind of cool by then.
You may do a Giggle search for something called "false awakenings"
It may explain why some of your real surroundings may appear different. Because your seeing your room as you would when you wake up but your really still sleeping and partly still in a dream sate.
Just a thought.
It's also a sleep disorder where a person thinks they have awoken normally and is going about their normal routine. At times these sleeps disorders can co mingle and leave you saying WTF?

For me, the easiest way to break out of sleep par. Is to try and relax, breath slow and start trying to move only 1 finger at a time.
Once I can do that the rest breaks free pretty fast. I do know that 10 seconds can seem like and hour while its happening.
I also found that panicking and trying too hard only seems to make it worse and last longer.

Now that I have experienced some of these things I always am very very cautious about attaching anything paranormal to things that happen while sleeping because I know firsthand how extremely real these experiences can seem.

I do believe that those living on the other side of death can and do contact us while sleeping because that is when we are at our most relaxed state and the most open to communications from them.

I hope that is some help to you.

Best to you
Randy
BronsonBaker (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-13)
Hello; I've been lurking on this site for a bit, and I happened to come across this story, and wanted to comment because I just experienced sleep-paralysis this morning.

I have had episodes of sleep paralysis since I was 12 years old; I am currently 38. I just wondered if anyone could offer some additional insight. I didn't always have the "hag" scenario, but that seems to be increasing the older I get. This morning, I awoke, and there appeared to be a shadow with curly hair holding me down. I repeatedly thought or said (I can't remember if I was able to speak; usually I'm not) Jesus Christ is my savior (I have used this technique in the past to end the situation, and it usually seems to work). Eventually, I awoke again, and saw my bedroom door, but every time I attempted to get up, when I opened the door, it wasn't this reality... (Yes, I'm aware of how crazy this sounds). It was like I opened the door, but it wasn't my house after that. It wasn't my life. This happened like three times before I was finally able to get up for real.

I guess my questions would be... Is this possibly some form of astral projecting? I've had the alternate reality scenario happen for years with the sleep paralysis. It's like I'm trying so hard to get out of bed... I can see my room... My door, but when I finally get out of bed, It's not this existence. It might be something as minor as a piece of furniture being on the opposite side of the room that gives it away, or it ends up not being my house at all.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Is it some form of Astral Projection? Is it a demonic experience, and then I'm dreaming of trying to get out of bed? I'm sorry for somewhat hijacking the thread, but I've read now about so many people that have similar experiences, I feel the need to finally ask some questions. No one in my personal life has anything close to these experiences. Can anyone help? Thank you.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-12)
Hello Cleanfood,

For years I was tormented with sleep paralysis. It seldom happens anymore. But I will never forget them. I would be pinned down like you have been and I would try and wake up but couldn't, I could not move any part of my body. My eyes would be wide open. The only way I could come out of it was by trying to say the name "Jesus" I would keep saying Jesus until I gained enough power to pull myself awake. Somehow I think the men in the black suits means something. There is a documentary on Netflix about sleep paralysis. It's called "The Nightmare". You have got to find a way to watch it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: