You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Hooded Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Hooded Man

 

It starts when I was about 8 years old my dad and his ex wife at the time are members of the sca (society of creative ancrism) well we had an event at camp kankakee a boy scout camp in Illinois well rumor is that it was originally a burial ground for a native tribe that was in Illinois.

Now the fun part takes place several members including my dad's ex at the time are pagan and do practice magic. Well the group decided that they were going to one of the shrines there and would offer tokens to the dead being alcohol meats into a fire. Well for me I didn't want to be in camp alone so I followed when they did this a sudden cold chill ran down my spine I couldn't breath. I could see people running through the trees, could hear talking and laughter the sound of children playing and adults talking yet the group was dead silent. Over all for a kid it was terrifying to say the least. However when we went to leave the next day I noticed a man wearing a black robe and hood standing in the tree line watching me almost like he was looking through me.

To this day I still see him. Near trees and he comes in my dreams as well. In the 14 years I have been dealing with this he has only spoken once and that was "return to the beginning to know your answer" I no longer fear him but it still makes me wonder what he (and I use the term he losely) is and what does he want. If anyone has any idea on what this is please let me know I would love to get some more information. I've even talked to my native side of the family and they are not sure if it's good or bad. So far no harm has come to me or my family, but I'd rather be safe than sorry

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EosTarronson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-02)
Given that the offerings made were at a Native American shrine, it seems odd to me that the resultant apparition would be attired in seemingly Western attire. It seems more likely to me at least that the hooded figure was one of the participants at the festival and the striking nature of his appearance after an evening of so much excitement engraved his image into your memories.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-20)
Eos

I agree with Revajane. I think you have to go back to the campground, preferably with someone who is a pagan or knows pagan ways. Try to remember where the shrine is and go to that one with food offerings such as bread, some fruit etc. Tell the Hooded Man you brought him home and he must stay. Ask him about what he said about knowing your answer.

Regards
Red
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
Welcome to YGS. Interesting story. It seems to me that you will need to make a trip back to the kankakee camp grounds. I don't know if he somehow got attached to you and would like to go back or if there is something else you need to learn/remember about that faithful day. I suggest you learn to guard yourself and do a spiritual cleanse before trying to go back.

Let us know if that is what you decide and if you decide to go let us know what happenes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: