You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Time There Was A Hooded Figure In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Time There Was A Hooded Figure In My Room

 

When I was 7 years old I woke up one morning and I saw something strange; a dark hooded figure was pacing back and forth across my room. Terrified, I stuffed my head in the pillow and pulled the covers over my head. 2 minutes later I lifted up my head and the figure was gone.

To this day, I have no idea what that figure was or what it wanted. But I have a guess it may have been a shadow being. I also appreciate the fact I didn't scream for the fact the figure didn't kill me. I do not know if it may have been a terror induced hallucination, perhaps something from the deepest darkest pits of my imagination, but I know for sure that incident happened and I am still nervous that figure will one day return with harmful intent. This is one of many paranormal stories I have, I cannot obviously share all of them, but I will tell you I have no idea what these beings want...

Thank you for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FarrenNeil, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

FarrenNeil (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-04)
Hey everyone. Here is a link to an astral projection (OBE) experience I posted on the astral voyage website

Http://www.astralvoyage.com/real-astral-story.php?story=67 please read and comment.
Goth237 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-11)
It could be a Hypnopompic hallucination- hallucinations that occur during waking up. I have these, although mine are HUGE spiders and sometimes other insects. But others see people. Very interesting though. Thank you for sharing.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-06)
Sounds to me like the Angel of Death... Got the wrong address? 😳
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Hi Farren,

Just to back up what DirtCreature and CuriousDee have said, you're totes not alone. Real or imagined shadow entities are likely the most common reported encounter on here. Pretty much everyone is shaken up or still afraid but ultimately everyone's okay. 😊
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
I agree with dirtcreature; There's no reason to keep fearing the figure if it hasn't appeared again. I'm fairly sure it couldn't kill you either.

Another suggestion; You may have experienced sleep paralysis. It can be similar to a hallucination; seeing and hearing things that aren't there is common. It can be scary to experience. Many people have had it happen and describe black shadows, figures, hearing voices, etc. You can easily Google sleep paralysis if you're not familar with it.

Hopefully the suggestions help, thanks for sharing
DirtCreature (guest)
+3
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
Hi, Farren. The figure was pacing back and forth and seemed to take no notice of you from what I can gather from your story. I do not think this entity was trying to hurt you. Most paranormal encounters don't end with the living being hurt. You are now older and have not seen this entity again so there is no reason to fear it randomly appearing again unless you left out details in your story to make you think otherwise. I understand how terrifying it can be to see shadow beings when you're such a young child. It is possible that you had some kind of hallucinations because that is common in children when they have nightmares and terrors. If it was a hallucination then you have no reason to fear it. But if it was real and you are afraid, don't be. Don't ruminate on this. Try making your room a place of light and positivity. Make it YOUR space. No entity has a right to lay claim to your territory. Thanks for sharing...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: