You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hooded Figure?

Real Ghost Stories

Hooded Figure?

 

I was laying in bed one night after work. I am a single mother of twin girls. I hadn't fallen asleep just yet, but had my back to the door that led into my childrens' room, they were asleep when I last walked through the house before laying down. I was thinking about work the next day, when all of a sudden I felt someone crawling across my bed behind me.

I thought at first it was one of my girls coming to join me to sleep in my bed. I felt this for a few more seconds then as it got closer to me I realized this felt a lot heavier than either of my girls it felt much larger against my back. At this point I was afraid and felt paralyzed like I could not move. I looked out of the corner of my eye over my shoulder and I saw what looked like a man in a hoody type thing setting over my shoulder. I was petrified I pulled the cover over my head and reached for the lamp and turned it on there was nothing there.

I got up and walked around my house to make sure that no one was in fact in my home. Nothing, no one. The windows were all locked as well as all of the doors.

I have asked several of my family members what this could have been and no one has an answer. I am in hopes that someone here can give me some insight on what this was or what it could have possibly wanted and why it came just that one time and I have never saw it again. I was not asleep at the time and I saw it very clearly. Was this thing there to hurt me? Was it there to scare me? Was it there to warn me of something? I would really like to know what this was all about.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Teresa324, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Awake1111 (18 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-08-22)
Lookup extraterrestrials in cloaks and there's your answer.
MikeChandlerOfficial (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-09)
Hi Teresa,

My name is Mike and I have been a paranormal expert and investigator for over 25 years. It seems like what you have encountered was real enough for you but I would recommend asking if your daughters saw or heard anything that night. If not then you might have imagined it in a state of stress or despair. If they did in fact hear or see anything then I would recommend asking the presence what it wants and why it is there. This is called EVP (Electromagnetic Voice Phenomena). It is helpful in most cases. You must determine if it is good or bad and if it wants to hurt you and your family or simply protect them.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-30)
Teresa324 could you describe in more detail what it looked like in more detail please, if possible? Also I believe like people, there are benevolent and malevolent spirits and the malevolent one's seek us out to feed on our fear.

I have seen ghosts that look like I was staring at a real person, translucent human ones, orbs and shadow people. The shadow people used to scare me and fill me with dread. They always seem to be watching and waiting to scare you. They are all black and are darker than dark, the darkest shade of black I have ever seen.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-29)
Hi Teresa324, That is a creepy encounter! I have no idea what is going on with those beings, but do know that this happens a lot, like Tweed mentioned.

I'm curious if you had any negative things (emotions, fighting, tension) going on in your house at the time (especially the next day)?
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
Hi Teresa,

In this case I will probably agree with Melda and sushantkar, it could be a passing spitit and if nothing unusual happened that then there is nothing to worry about, passer-by spirits as I have heard are of prankster nature, so I guess it just pulled a "not-so-funny" prank on you. Keep posting on, looking forward to hear more from you.

Regards
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Hi Teresa,

Sounds like you had a very spooky encounter. I would've been very jumpy after something like this too. Whether or not it was intended to scare you is anyone's guess. The good news is it's relatively common, as far as ghost encounters go. This site is full of people who've experienced just this, a heavy adult sized ghost felt beside them. It's very odd and no one really has an answer. But as far as I gather it's always a one off, leaving everyone pretty baffled much like yourself. So yeah, you're definitely not alone.😊

Thanks for sharing.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
I would also reciprocate what Melda said here that it could be a passing spirit.
I don't think that it was a messenger spirit as it's approach was rather aggressive.

Sometimes such entities attracts towards loneliness or say emptiness.

Regards
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
How long ago did this happen? Do you still live in the same residence? That is to say, if it was fairly recent and you still live there - it could happen again. There's not enough evidence to say that its necessarily a sinister presence though - the fact that it scared you could have been completely unintentional.

Perhaps he came to you because you reminded him of someone. Perhaps someone he left behind when he passed. Perhaps he is in some way linked with that location - a little research could answer that question (google, libraries, city hall, local newspapers and neighbors who have been in the area for a while).
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Teresa324 - It's possible that this spirit only paid you a one-time visit. This has happened to me on a few occasions. Just one sighting and they never return.

I believe you find "wandering ghosts" who pop in and out of various places and are not necessarily attached to one location.

Just my thoughts on the matter. I can appreciate that it must have been quite a shock for you 😨

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: