You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: How It All Started For Me

Real Ghost Stories

How It All Started For Me

 

For Everyone. I am long time reader and first time (so very nervous) writer who is a very big fan of the page. I regularly check for new stories and have got some of my friends interested in the page too.

I've been a sensitive since I was around 12 years old. Just little things at first like flashes of color or a shadow that was there one second then not the next. I thought I was seeing things I was at first worried so I didn't say anything to anyone as my parents are strict Jewish and very religious and would have probably sent me to have my head looked at by the psychiatrist.

Soon I was seeing things for longer periods of time. An old lady in her 70's waiting at the tube station (saw her 4-5 times on the way to the market with my mother on Saturdays when we went shopping) An old couple sitting on a park bench near my school (Saw them everyday after school except Wednesday for some reason). A dog who would follow his still living master (His owner would walk every day past our house to go to the shop at the end of our street to get his newspaper and other things he needed) the little dog would walk next to him wagging his tail all the time and prancing about like dogs do when they're happy to be doing something with their beloved human. It took me by surprise I could see them so well so quickly after firstly as I said seeing flashes or shadows for about a year. Some of them I saw besides the ones listed as there are too many to put down in one story, I found it hard to believe were ghosts they looked so alive and like they blended in very well. It was only later when I saw ones that had obviously been around a long time because of what they were wearing (with fashion changing so much) those ones I knew were well out of place and had to be spirits as no one else also seemed to see them or pay any attention to them. As a youngster I was amazed that I saw so many. Later I realised that with the age of London I shouldn't be surprised that there was a few around.

I wasn't able to communicate with spirits until I was in a serious car accident when I was 15. I was in a Ford Van that my friend Lauren's dad owned (his name was Graeham) he was bringing us home from a concert we had gone to at some large theatre in the west end of London (no famous band just a good cover band and a dance for teens with no alcohol). It was just after 11pm and a Friday night. I don't remember a lot of details due to my early injuries but I'll tell you what I remember and what Lauren filled me in on later.

We were about 10 minutes from home going along the high street and we had stopped at an intersection for the red light. Last thing I remember was this larger van/truck driving very fast tried to cut the corner and turned in front of us on the other side of the intersection. He's been going so fast he skidded out sideways and the tail end of his truck (which had a full load of bricks on pallets) hit our van on the driver's side and scrapped the front of the van too before he spun further to a stop where he was facing us in front of us (in other words he would have been going down the street the wrong way if he was still going). The van was pushed so hard it rolled over on its side and my seat belt broke (I was in the passenger seat in the back, it had a sliding door on the side to get in and out of) last thing I remember was being thrown over the seat into the back at hitting my head on something. You have to picture the fact I was only about 6 stone at the time and about 5'4" tall and I was fairly skinny for my age (I grew to 8 stone and 5'9" as of current time at 43yrs old).

I was in a coma for just over a month (medically induced). I had a fractured skull in 2 places (counter coupe (sp?) injury), fractured back in 3 places (pinned and lucky I can walk after much rehab), fractured shoulder, fractured wrist (both right hand side) and both legs fractured (right side so badly I needed 4 operations over the years to fix it and it's still not great) and a couple of fractured ribs. Worst thing is if the seat belt hadn't broke I probably would have only had whiplash and maybe a fractured rib or two (Lauren who was in the front had whiplash and two fractured legs where the front of the van was pushed in. Her dad, Graeham unfortunately died as a result of a heart attack after the accident (doctors said it was the stress of what happened that caused the heart attack). Sadly I didn't know this until I woke up and it really got to me bad because Graeham really was a lovely man and a good solo parent to Lauren and her sister Aimee (they had to go live with a aunt and uncle in Wales. I rarely got to see them again).

After waking up from the coma I was frightened at first as I could see a lot of rushes of color around living people who came to see me (it was only later after much study I realised these were people's auras). The colors were changing constantly. Doctors were blue or green and when they were worried or stressed they'd be yellow or orange sometimes red) my parents who visited often had dark red almost purple like auras (a lot worrying about me). I found out from doctors that I had died 4 times while I was there. Twice in the operating room, once in recovery and once after having a reaction to a medicine they gave me. I was very lucky to still be here with my family.

I had to go through rehab and learn to walk all over again. Lauren visited and encouraged me when she could (she had been through it with her legs and was now ok. And it was before she went to Wales to live). I hated it as it hurt a lot to start with and my head hurt sometimes when I concentrated a lot. At first I thought my head injuries were making me see the auras but long after I was pronounced fit and recovered and had all the mental tests my head and brain was fine. I think those 4 times I died did something to make me see more and maybe try to help spirits and that's why only a little later I started being able to communicate with them (I have helped a few cross over that was the most wonderful feeling I'd ever had when that happened).

The hospital and the rehab place had lots of spirits. Mainly older people but a few children and some younger adults and teens. The worst ones I saw was this man who was probably in his 30's whose head was split wide open on the side you could see parts of his brain in the hole. He would weave walk around holding his head and groaning or crying for someone called Shell or Michelle. It was a terrible and sad sight to see. It made me so sad inside. At that time I didn't try to talk to him (didn't think I could then but now I wish I'd tried too). Others were a girl of 6 or 7 with a doll in a nightgown and coat and slippers (looked like she was looking around for someone maybe a parent), a lady in her 60's to 70's sitting in the bed next to the nurses station rocking back and forth sometimes I'd hear her callin out to the nurses but of course none paid any attention to her (I think she'd been there a while her clothes looked late 1970's), others would come and go. Some of the spirits were even nurses and doctors who thought they were still supposed to be on shift. They'd walk in and out of the rooms and look at all the patients and then walk out or sometimes sit next to them for a bit. The ward I was in ICU first was where I saw the man with the broken head and the little girl. All the others I saw on the ward I was in.

The scariest thing I saw one night that I didn't realise until later what had actually happened. Was this lady called Marienne (sp?) who was in the bed across from mine she had a stroke and was recovering but at the time couldn't walk very well without her sticks or help from the nurses. One night I'd been asleep but something woke me up (I think I needed a drink or something) and as I sat up as well as I could. I saw this man in his late 50's (only a guess) standing at the end of Mariennne's bed and I could only sort of work out that he was saying something to her. It worried me a lot as it was like 2am or so and well outside visitors hours. I was about to press the call button for the nurse when the man looked around at me and said "It's ok. She's coming for a walk with me ". The funny thing was it was like I could only hear him on my head not out loud. Shocked I was almost going to press the buzzer again when he looked at me sadly and said "please don't it's all ok now". Shocked at him I didn't and had my drink and tried to lay down but couldn't go back to sleep. I could hear the two whispering back and forth. After a bit I heard her bed creak like she was getting up worried I sat up to see Marienne being helped up by this man (he was holding her arms and gently pulled her up). She stood with help and he helped her get her dressing gown and slippers on and grabbed her sticks. Gently as a caring family member he lead Marienne to the door slowly and carefully so not to disturb no one. The door to the room was open partly enough to get through single file she went through first and he followed close with a hand on her shoulder. As he left he turned to me and smiled and said to me "You're ok now. You'll be with your family soon". I suddenly stopped feeling worried and felt really happy and relaxed. Able to go to sleep and soon did. Didn't think anything of it and hoped Marienne got back ok before the nurses saw.

I woke to people hurrying in and out the room and buzzers and things going off. A doctor came in and pulled the curtain around Mariennes bed and then a nurse came and pulled the curtain around mine and told me to stay in bed for a bit and she'd talk to me soon. Initially I thought "oh no they've found out she's still out and hasn't come back from being out with her visitor". I couldn't say anything people would probably think I'm crazy and have me put away.

A while passed and another trolley was rolled into the room (you could hear it's squeaky wheels) and a lot of movement that sounded like sheets being moved around. Mostly quiet I overheard bits of sentences and tried to make out more but couldn't through the whispers of "such a shame she was getting better", "not right she was going home next week" and "oh her poor family they were so happy that she was getting better ".

It was then I realised without asking something was very wrong. At first I thought maybe she'd had another stroke or had some other problem brought on by her late night walk. It was only later when the curtains were pulled back that I noticed Mariennes bed was empty and her things were gone. Some lady was getting all her bits and pieces together and was crying. I was scared maybe this guy had hurt her after she came back when I was asleep. So I asked the nurse (lovely lady called Pamela whose mother's ghost also a nurse used to follow her around sometimes on her rounds) what had happened to Marienne. She was reluctant to tell me at first but said I might as well know as others would probably be talking about it today. According to the nurses Marienne had in the night had another stroke (this one very big) and she had died very quickly and probably without pain. Shocked I asked her if they knew what time she passed away after asking me why (I told her I'd heard a noise so I sat up and had a quick drink sometime in the night maybe I had heard her), the nurse said maybe I had but probably not as I was no doubt fast asleep. She reluctantly told me that the doctor thought that Marienne had died around about 2am there abouts in the night (the same time I'd seen her leave with the handsome man). Was he an angel who came to take her home? I think he was.

After my time in hospital and rehab my family moved with me to a place that was easier for me to get around (a separate extra lounge room downstairs set up as a huge bedroom with my own bathroom and shower installed as I wasn't allowed to climb stairs for a long time after the accident and couldn't really anyway with my messed up leg). The new home had been built in the 1920's and had quite a few interesting interesting former owners and several human and animal ghosts. But I got on well with them. Especially the spirit of one owner who was a published writer and artist (who encouraged my art work).

Well that's how it all started. I was born 28th August,1973. I'm 43 years old. Been seeing ghosts for 30 or so of those years. I've read and studied a lot in my years. Read all the books I could get my hands on. I realised too about the age of 20 I could read off people's photos. Which I've done a lot to help people with over time. I also read Tarot cards and do crystal cleansing of homes and people these were gifts I found I had mostly by accident but they've helped me a lot in my life and made me what I believe to be the strong person I am today. And also my family know my gifts and support me (even my strict Jewish parents who tested me a lot and were shocked when I knew things I couldn't have without outside help). I only use my gifts to help others and I never charge any money (I think it's wrong to do so).

Thanks for reading. Sorry it's so long but I had to make sure you understood my point of view as clear as I could make it. I have many other encounters I hope to write up for you in the near future. I appreciate your time.

Other hauntings by BlackDiamondRattlesnake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlackDiamondRattlesnake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-27)
I realize all the hooplah has died done over the stories submitted by BlackDiamondRattlesnake, but I wanted to issue a PSA.

Always read profiles. Sometimes you learn a lot from the profile alone. Other times you can find the mistakes when comparing stats in the story with the profile.

This member has been trying for years now to get one over on us. It used to be annoying; now it's as effective as a gnat.
jaderae (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-02)
I really enjoyed your writing. I'm so sorry about the accident, and am glad you made a good recovery. I was wondering if you can explain what you experience or do during a photo reading or tarot reading, and how that may differ from an interaction with a spirit?
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-02)
I really loved your stories - what a fascinating life you have led and what a truly lovely person you are for using your gifts so selflessly to help others - bravo!
BlackDiamondRattlesnake (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Jetson,
Thankyou kindly and I'm glad you enjoyed the stories. I will be trying to write up and publish more inthe future when my work scedual allows. Hope you can enjoy those too when the time comes.

Kind Regards,
BlackDiamondRattlesnake
BlackDiamondRattlesnake (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Beagle Mom,
Thankyou for your kind words and encouragement. I'm very glad you enjoyed my stories and the way I put them down. I just try my best to make myself understood and to try not to offend or confuse anyone. Which I hope I keep doing ok with.
I have a great deal of respect for nurses as so many did great things to help me get back on my feet so to speak after my bad accident. Your nurses have heart if gold and are. Real angels.
Glad you like my nickname it's a combination if things I like Music and Reptiles. And I wanted a nickname that didn't sound too normal or boring and suited my personality... I think this one fits very well.
I like your page name too. I love dogs and have 4 German Shephards which we breed and show (1 male and 3 female).

BlackDiamondRattlesnake
Jetson (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Thank you so much for sharing your stories... They are amazing.
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-30)
Dear BlackDiamondRattlesnake,

First off, your name is fantastic!

This tale went straight to my Favorite Stories. You have more than just a psychic gift, you can write a fascinating report of your past! Being a retired nurse, I could picture you in the hospital recuperating. I very much enjoyed reading your explination of how you can see ghosts, both happy ones and the sadly lost. Please keep telling us of your experiences!


Mother of Beagles
BlackDiamondRattlesnake (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
Thankyou to Jodie_S, PriyankaMenon and Reva,

I appreciate your lovely and very kind welcomes. You have all made me feel right at home here at Your Ghost Stories. And here I was thinking you'd all think I was crazy or something and give me the boot.

If any of you have any questions about things I've experienced or would like a free photo reading but don't want to over run this lovely site.

Feel free to email me at home in the UK at:
ArtsonFirePhotography [at] gmail.com.
I will try my best to answer your questions the best and clearest way I can. And I hope I can help those of you who ask.

Kindness, good will and blessings from the universe and the spirits to all of you,
BlackDiamondRattlesnake
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
Welcome to YGS BlackDiamondRattlesnake.
I was totally fascinated by your story and am so glad that Randym asked the question that popped into my mind about NDE's. I have been studying those one and off since 92 or so. As Randy said the abilities you have are usually reported after an NDE Experience. I would love to know if you remember anything from that experience. Soo many questions I'd love to ask. Just an FYI I am just an ordinary person who has not greater education that an Associates degree. But have a fascination for NDE's and Ghost. One thing leads to another.
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
Very nice one.

You are right very few are gifted. And even if anyone possess such kind of supernatural abilities. Very few realise that it is an nature's or God's gift. They are chosen one.

One thing is clear whenever anyone has near death experience their spiritual sense or third vision whatever you all call it, gets awaken or the wall between physical and spiritual world gets broken for them.
Jodie_S (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
BlackDiamondRattlesnakw,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. It is one of my favourite stories on the site. I hope that you are able to one day reunite with your friend. I am envious of your abilities, I would love to be able to have these encounters regularly and help others in the process. How blessed you are! I look forward to reading more of your submissions.

Jodie
BlackDiamondRattlesnake (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
RandyM,
Thankyou for your kind welcome to the page. It's so nice to see this place seems to be rather friendly.

I'm very happy you like my story and I have a fee others I will try to have published in the future and hope you enjoy them also.

To answer your question about NDE's. Yes I believe they exist and I also believe I have had one during one of those 4 times I legally was dead after the accident before doctors got me back for at least a bit longer now anyway.
I'd be happy to talk to you about my experience if your interested.
If you are you can email me:
Samantha Cevert-Hollande
At:
Artsonfirephotography [at] gmail.com

Thankyou,
BlackDiamondRattlesnake
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-28)
BlackDiamondRattlesnake,

Welcome to YGS and thank you so very much for sharing such a personal
Part of your life. I am glad that you have been able to put it to good use.
You said you died 4 times. Did you have a Near Death Experience that you can recall? It's OK if you would rather not answer.
I ask because studies have shown that a great majority of those who have an NDE return to this side with much greater abilities to sense and communicate with those living on the other side of death.
Some can sense future events, for tell illness and death, etc.
As you may know some people have very vivid NDE accounts and others don't remember a thing.
Just wondering.

Thank You again for sharing and hope to hear more from you

Randy
BlackDiamondRattlesnake (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-28)
DARKNESS,
Thankyou for your kindness and your supportive words.
I was a little nervous to post here but thought I'd give it a try and see what people thought. I didn't think it would be put up so soon but I'm so glad it was.
Yes, Lauren and her dad were really lovely people and I still miss them being around. I've tried to search for Lauren in Wales but no luck so far. I'll keep trying.
I too believe it was probably a past on family member that came to get Marienne that night. Who ever he was she seemed only to happy to see him and go with him when he obviously asked. She I think was lucky to have someone special come to help her cross over. May we all be so lucky when our time comes.

This too is why I use my gift to help people free of charge. I feel I was lucky to be given these abilities and was given them to help others in need which I do as often as I can.

Thanks again for your kindness. I will now be soon posting more of my experiences soon. Hope you enjoy them too.
Black Diamond Rattlesnake.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-11-28)
BlackDiamondRattlesnake: Fantastic accounts you have shared with us here, that's wonderful that you have and are recuperating from such a horrific ordeal, what an awful thing to have to go through. I feel for Lauren and her family especially her father, funny how your life can change forever like that in just an instant.
It really does seem to have opened up your spiritual side, I also believe Marianne's family was there to receive her when she passed, what a wonderful thing to have witnessed.
I admire your strength and determination in going what you went through, it certainly seems to have made you a stronger person and brought you to be more in touch with the spiritual world. Thank you for sharing your accounts here with us. 😊

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: