You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Saw Dark Shadow Men

Real Ghost Stories

Saw Dark Shadow Men

 

When I was younger I was living in Trinidad and I saw Running Dark Shadow Men moving really fast at my house in Madrass Road, in Trinidad and Tobago. It was a strange encounter at first. I didn't know what to make of it. I saw it multiple times and I saw many of them it was like after one came another came and so on.

As you can see my story is straight to the point. I did some research online and found out that other people have seen shadow men. I spoke to my friend Green who I went to Iraq with (I am an ex soldier by the way) and found out that shadow people are demons.

With that being said. I don't know what to make of it. Some people said it's my imagination some people say it's my medications. I just think it was real because I saw it multiple times and I saw many of them. Spoke to one of my friends about it and they said I should talk with someone about it. Some people say you can see them off the corner of your eye. I read countless stories of people talking about them on yourghoststories.com. I am from Trinidad by the way.

I did some research on shadow people and this is what I found.

"Most people think shadow people are bad. They are not always bad. They also said you need to know what you are seeing and know that they wouldn't always harm you. Realize that its not just happening to you. Tons of people have seen it. Tons of people experience shadow people but keep it to themselves. If you had a encounter with shadow people why not research it and see if you can connect with others who have seen it." Retrieved from from http://www.paranormal.allwomenstalk.com/things-you-need-to-know-about-shadow-people.

PS my story was defiantly shorter than 1500 words. So I added details to my story and did research to make it much longer. Thanks for reading and do make comments below. I give credit where its due.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, corydoor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-13)
In my exp with shadow people I have not felt threaten by them. Your encounter is intresting have you seen more latly
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-10)
cordydoor - I think you should base your opinion of your shadow people on how you feel; not take someone else's word for it. There are so many, many stories on our site about shadow people, but very few that express feeling actual fear upon seeing their shadow man. I have experienced this (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=8943), as has my daughter, and neither of us felt anything remotely demonic from what we saw. One of our mods, zzsgranny, has also shared her experience with a shadow man (Hat Man) on our site http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=18031

Continue to investigate them, read what you can find, but try and find those that ring true to you not something someone is sharing as a joke or for attention. There are far too many of us who have encountered them and not felt fear for shadow people to be considered demonic.
corydoor (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-09)
Correction* Spoke to a friend he said they might indeed be Demons. My bad.
corydoor (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-09)
Hello. And just for the record. I do not believe shadow people are demons. I saw many and they were harmless minding their own business. My friend who said that was wrong.
corydoor (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-09)
Been taking medications all my life. Saw shadow men when I was young. I don't remember the exact age. No. Around that time haven't experience anything unusual.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
Greetings, corydoor, and welcome to YGS.

I have had no direct interaction with "shadow people," thus I cannot give you any first-hand information about their behavior. I will state that the preponderance of the accounts I have read suggest that the shadow people who seek to communicate with people often have their own priorities; their actions are seldom in the best interest of human beings. That said, there are many narratives -like yours- in which the shadow entities are minding their own business, and continue to ignore the viewer, provided the person doesn't make it obvious that he or she can see them;. It is when they know you can see them that the unpleasant ones realize there is an opportunity to interact.

You stated "Some people said it's my imagination some people say it's my medications." I can understand people claiming it is your imagination. Serving a tour in an active war zone, or policing an occupied territory against insurgencies, will heighten situational awareness to the level of paranoia; this is a common form of PTSD. Your narrative is written in a clear, matter-of-fact style which is not in keeping with an over-active imagination. Additionally, you did not embellish your story with attention-seeking details; instead, you explicitly stated, "I saw many of them." One or two might be explained as an overactive fear response, but "many" is a very different issue.

You should research your medication. First, read at the printed list of effects and side effects associated with the medicine: the pharmaceutical company wants you to have that list as a clear warning, so you can't sue them later. Additionally, check WebMD for more data. If "hallucinations" doesn't appear on the list, you don't need to worry about the medication. If your meds are to help manage stress, PTSD, or unhealthy ideation, it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that a responsible psychopharmacologist or psychiatrist would give you a prescription with potential hallucinogenic side effects. That would be unethical. However, if your meds are for pain management, they may be altering your brain chemistry to the point of peripheral vision "glitches." That's not good, either, but it is a possibility you should discuss with your doctor.

As for the idea that shadow people are demons, I am concerned that your friend has an over-simplified view of spiritual entities. Shadow people behave in a peculiar manner; demons are deliberately malicious, manipulative, and devious entities. The two may have a few traits in common, but their behaviors are very different.

Look into your meds first, then consult with a doctor if you find that they are likely to affect your vision. If you are not able to make a clear link between your meds and the entities, you will have to decide if your want to try to cleanse your home with a simple ritual (type "rookdygin" into the search bar on the upper right-hand corner of the screen, go to his bio page, and look for his simple "Cleansing Ritual" which can be done by people of any religion).

Take care of yourself.

Best,
Biblio.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
Cory door,

First I want to say Thank-you for service.
Second I want to say I hope the Holidays are great for you.

I have done so much research on Shadow people etc. Its really hard to know what they are all about.
I personally don't believe all of them are evil/demons.
I think some are actual spirits that can't quite figure out how they want to be seen so a shadow like appearance may be easier.

I do know from my experiences with Shadow people One of them being a man the other being a shorter figure, a lot of activity spiked around my home and myself.

A lot of people have different theories about what they are, and what they may be doing.

Who's to really say for sure.

May I ask a couple questions?
How long have you been taking these medications?
And how long after you started these, did you see these Shadow figures?

Have you experienced anything else before or after seeing them?
Unusual activity?

I hope to hear from ya
Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Curly_1Lack (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
Hi corydoor,
I enjoyed reading your story and the recent story by Deciduous about shadow men. I hope I never run into one, much less a herd of them like you experienced.
Also,thank you for your service and your sacrifice,brother.God Bless you and wishing for the best Christmas ever for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: