You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dancing Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Dancing Ghost

 

It was a warm night in June of 2007. Myself and my ghost hunting partner were at our next destination - the Cove Creek Cemetery. The time was around 11:00 p.m. We had just left from a small cemetery on my aunt's land. I left my camcorder in the front seat - it was so heavy! My partner starts provoking, I provoke along with her. I ask if there are any presences in this graveyard. She asks the presence to let itself be known to us.

We both feel the energy getting stronger, it happened quickly. I step away from my partner a few feet, I shine my flash light around where she and I are standing. I turn my light off, my eyes adjust to the darkness. I ask, "Will you let us see you?" I feel a cool breeze around my lower legs. I even hear a breeze below me. Then, right before my eyes, I see a shadow that was dark, but see-thru. It twirls around myself and my partner's legs. It never goes through us, or touches us, but, it literally dances around us and keeps a small cool breeze around it. I laugh, because it seemed at that time like it was dancing around us, letting its presence be known to us in such a cool manner. It lasted for about 3-4 seconds, then was gone. The breeze remained for a couple seconds afterwards.

I ran to my vehicle, grabbed my camera and took a lot of pictures. I have yet to have these pictures developed, I will soon and will update for you who are interested.

Other hauntings by Ramzey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ramzey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-09-24)
The pictures I have from this lil investigation: One picture with a lady, her face, her hair, her non-smile. Two pictures of blue smoke, curving towards the ground and we don't smoke on investigations!
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
What a unique way for a ghost to appear! It must have been both fascinating and quite a scare. I hope that you post more stories of your ghost hunts. Thanks for sharing your story 😉
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
Hey guys! Thanks for your concerns. I have been touched and mentally hurt by spirits. I didn't like it either. I was so cold for 2 months...But, let's not get into that... I have not been ghost hunting since this experience. It was a bad experience, but, I do plan to start again after Christmas. I always have faith that the Lord will take care of me. I do this for science, for my own answers, even though I doubt I will ever find one, but, it's also a thrill to me and I like it that way.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
Hi Ramzey! I agree with Frawin. Ghost can sometimes be harmful. I have read a lot of stories about that. They can finish you off mentaly. But I'm sure you know this. Dont be upset at me I'm not trying to attack you. I even believe there should be more people like you who are brave. But sometimes brave can be stupid. So be carefull. I hope I didn't say anything bad that would harm you. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
Hey Ramzey, I have a question. What are you going to do when you catch a ghost or rather when one catches you ? 😜 Take it fom an oldtimer when I tell you that you better be careful provoking some of the spirits because I don`t know of anyone that likes to deal with a pissed off ghost.

Be Safe and God Bless
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
Chuzwuzum-Hey! Glad you want to know about ghost hunting. My e-mail address is ram.zilla [at] hotmail.com. E-mail me and I will tell you everything I know! Thanks everyone for reading my story! I did most the provoking... My partner used her dossing rods-she attracts so much energy, it's unreal! Thanks Jolene - I love U! ❤
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
i just want to know what do you do for ghost hunting? Me and my mates are interested in starting up ghost hunting but we don't know where to begin. Some tips would be really helpful.
Ssunstorm (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
What a neat story! Hopefully you can post more of your hunting experiences sometime. ❤
seraphim (13 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-10)
oh wow, when I was either 4 or 5 years old I woke up to find a dancing shadow in my doorway twirling around slowly.
It never spoke to me however and I wasn't scared.
It just continued dancing and dancing.
I never knew why it appeared to me.
Anyway, your story reminded me of that.
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-07)
wow that's weird. I neaver thought that anyone would go to a grave yard at about 11:00 just to see ghosts. Anyways its werid how the ghost was danceing. I would of laugh to. But I would also be scared. I don't like ghost at all. But I would like to heard more about you and your ghst hunting partners stories.

~~Amy~~
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
And I mean no harm by what I said just putting it out there you hunt ghosts the way you want because that is how I did.

by did I mean I have not even tried to hunt ghosts any more

and as for you Emma provoking ghosts is a main way of communicating with them not all ghost are evil, the evil ones are just the ones who show up more
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
This is one of those ghost stories that makes me happy, a little like my own story, I would love to hear more about your dancing ghost, but because you are a ghost hunter you probably already know this but I must say it
be careful not all ghosts will be as kind to dance around you they might actually hurt you

With luck and love
Amanda
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
I am really interested in hearing your other stories.
thanks for sharing with us. You are one of the lucky ones that is not scared of any of this. I have to be honest it does scare me!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Alright - I'm getting a certain pic developed in a a book next September out of Wilkes from ghost hunting at a historic slave home, I've got video camcorders, voice recorders, digital and 35mm cameras with loads of film, books upon books on anything about ghosts and such, I have been to many places throughout 5 counties and will be expanding my hunts throughout the surrounding states, I have ambition and I always keep skeptic about what I do - nontheless do I consider myself a ghost hunter - it's what I've been doing for almost a year, and I tell people not to let the bad get a hold of them - they asked for help - I gave advice, and I didn't ask for yours emma.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
How interesting that the entity chose you two to play with! It sounds as if you have regular occurences. I do not hear of the playful spirits enough, I would love to read more! Thank you.
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Ramzey - so here you are doing exactly what you're advising other people NOT to do, provoking the spirit (see Dark Blob on the Ceiling story). You really should be scared, you could get yourself knee-deep in ectoplasm if you're not careful. What qualifies you as a "ghost hunter" anyway? I am interested in hearing about your abilities, credentials, experience, and equipment.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Thank you for sharing your encounter, I wouod love to see the oictures when they are developed.

God Bless!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
I am not scared of ghosts when I go ghost hunting ~ I'm afraid of wild animals, though! 😳
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Cirdan, I will be writing my next story today ~ I have so much to tell ~ I'm the one excited! Thanks for reading! 😉
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
It was an amusing story, and I would like to hear more of your stories.
Thanks for sharing this 😁
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Hi, Ramzey. Sounds like you may have caught the attention of a playful spirit. I would have been as amazed as you were. It is too bad you left the camcorder behind, I wonder what you could have captured at that time. You mention your ghost hunting partner, do you hunt on a regular basis? I'd like to hear more of your adventures. Thanks for sharing your experience, looking forward to more!
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Hi Ramzey.That's really cooool. But weren't you a bit scared when you asked that shadow-like thing to let itself visible? If I was there, I would have fainted (especially seeing it dance... LOL ! 😆 )
By the way, post your snaps soon.I'm very excited.
-Siddharth
tanami (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
that sounds really cool and I would love to see the pictures!...!...!...! ❤ Belle!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: