You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter

 

I had a few strange occurrences happen in a flat I stayed in for a few months, in Inverness, Scotland.

It's important to note that if one of them happened I would have not thought anything of it.

The first incident I was in bed and I heard someone come in the flat and then people talking and what sounded like background noise from the TV. Then they stopped talking and left. I assumed it was my flatmate and his girlfriend (who usually stayed at hers) but the next time I saw him he assured me it wasn't them. I must have asked him 10 times as I thought it could only have been him.

One night I woke up and I was lying on top of the covers (when I had gone to bed under my bed covers) and I was lying on my front across-ways the bed (which I have never done). It felt like someone was holding me down by my arms and when I said to get off I 'felt' something retreat to the corner of the room. I know this sounds very typical of sleep paralysis and I am not saying it isn't. But I've had sleep paralysis once or twice since before and its been a more generic experience not like this in the manner which I woke. When I checked the room there was no one there.

Subsequent nights I would sense someone in the room and even feel someone sitting on the end of the bed but it didn't feel threatening. I remember feeling strangely warmed or reassured by it when I would have thought I would be terrified.

Then came the messages. I got a text message one evening at 9.30 on a Friday night. It was a picture message and it was from my sister's phone number except it wasn't a picture per se. It was two large words made up of pixels reading: GUESS WHO?

Thinking my sister was just partaking of an alcoholic beverage on a Friday night and being funny I just ignored. I then got the same message the next day around lunchtime so I rang my sister and she confusingly explained she hadn't sent the two messages. The following Friday night at 9.30 again, I got the GUESS WHO? Message again.

I had to move out soon after as I was moving to another city to work. I did have a very vivid scary dream the first night I stayed in the new location of something pursuing me and I was woken by what felt like someone poking me with a finger, but again I didn't think too much of that. A medium I told the story to advised I had lost an item of jewellery (I lost a watch in the flat!) And she (as in the spirit) didn't like me burning candles. Which I don't normally do or have since, the flat had some candle holders on the wall. And she wanted to tell me something. But I take all of that as a pinch of salt. Nothing has happened since in any other places I've stayed in and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, Openmind77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: