You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: It Happened To Us Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

It Happened To Us Part 2

 

This is in prior to the first part of my previous post with the tag: It Happened to Us. You can get in the following link: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24062 Thank You!

Now, here's the next part. This takes place in the same flat I had mentioned earlier, where I and few of my other friends used to stay as a paying guest. Our flat was in the 3rd floor of the apartment. Our landlady, who lived in the floor above was then out of town, hence we people were mostly on our own. Also since the society was quite liberal too, we could actually do things of our own. By rules we were generally not allowed to go out of the complex after 10 pm, although we stayed up late since our semester was near then. In my room we were three room mates, same was the situation in the room next to me.

Almost every night around 12-2 am dogs from the nearby area gathered below our room's window and started barking. They used to stare at our and our neighbour's windows and bark endlessly.

We kept some pebbles on our windows to throw at them whenever they did so. I was the only bhramin in the pg and I use to wear my holy band called 'poita' (in Bengali).

One day accidentally one of my roommates, named Abdul woke up at 3 am and he saw someone waking in the room. The room was smelling bad. He is a calm person so he didn't shout and observed what that person is doing in our room.

He saw that for five to ten minutes he just roamed around our room and then jumped out from our balcony. He immediately understood that it is an inhuman personality. He started chanting the Hanuman Chalisa.

Next day he narrated the whole incident to us. We all were actually scared. There were total eight students in three of our rooms. We all had then decided to sleep in one room.

We all were talking, it was around 12am and the dogs started barking again at our windows. We threw stones at them so they ran away. Then we decided to sleep. After about one hour all were sleeping and suddenly some thing touched me. I just opened my eyes and saw that one of my friend who was sleeping near me was staring at me. I shook him but he didn't move. He was too terrified. He just said in my ears "it's in the room." I asked him who? But he just kept on saying me "it's in the room". Next day morning everyone was so scared because they saw some old male walking in the room.

This all happened for about a week. However, I myself never saw anything. One day my friend suggested me to sleep without my 'poita'.

I did as he suggested me. I was awake up to 2 am. After sometime I fell asleep. I didn't remember after how much time but when I opened my eyes I too saw a man walking in our room. It was like a movie. I couldn't just believe my eyes. I was so horrified and scared that I immediately stood up and asked who are you. Hearing my voice two of my friends stood up with me. The man walking in our room stopped and turned his face towards us. Gosh...

He was known to all of us but was actually dead since a long time back. I cannot describe who he was because he might still exist and turn up again to me reading his name over here or to anyone reading this writing of mine.

Days have passed But we remember that it was proved that day, negative energy actually does exist.

We brought some hanuman chalisa books and started keeping below our pillows from that day, and soon shifted to a different flat after the semester itself. It has never happened again up until now.

Other hauntings by Paranormal_SN

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Paranormal_SN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-21)
Boy named "Abdul" chanting "Hanuman Chalisa"? Not possible! I bet he was chanting "Ayatul Qursi",but he told you about hanuman chalisa so that you could understand better.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
Wow!
Ahem...let me get this cleared first. I am not a overtly religious person, but I have been brought up with the good sense to respect all faiths and beliefs without bias 😐
I also believe that each one turns to his/her own religious faith in situations of extreme bliss or severe duress.

Having said that, I must put forth my doubt;
Abdul chanting Hanuman Chalisa!😲

Regards
ygaian (10 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
wow... Very spooky indeed 😐 I wonder who the person you mentioned would actually might be
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+5
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
Interesting...just reading his name might like summon him? Is that a common belief in India? Or more of a personal fear?
I do know that there is a belief that a spirit might come if you will them to by calling their name three times. However the trick is you have to WILL it, so just reading or saying their name won't do it. A famous example of this would be Bloody Mary, or (much more light hearted) Beetlejuice. Please understand in no way, do I mean disrespect to your beliefs.
I can tell you that passed down from my Mother's family was the idea that after a person departed, one used their name sparingly, and preferably not in front of anyone related to or close to them, for the first month because it could trigger them into 'calling to them with their hearts' and in this manner calling their spirit back from the journey to Heaven. Perhaps your thought that reading his name might bring him back is related to the thought of my Mother's family. I don't know.
However, I don't think it would give him the ability to haunt just anyone who read it. Let's say his name was Bob. Pretty common name, Bob. Almost everyone knows a Bob, but not necessarily YOUR Bob. If simply the name did it, think of all the Bobs that would be showing up! It boggles the mind. However, for YOU and those who knew him, it might trigger memories of YOUR Bob. So then your thinking of him, and if we give credence to the idea of WILLING a spirit to appear, then it might just trigger it - for you.
If you think his name might evoke some danger for you - then I say better off not putting it out there.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
NO WAY!
I hope you can explain how the heck this spirit would have the ability to haunt anyone reading its name. 🤔

On the positive side... At least it is a cyber-savvy dude/ghost. Was he like that in life? 😆 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: