You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Younger Sister

Real Ghost Stories

My Younger Sister

 

I have a sister who is 10 years younger than me. She has a different father than I do. His family is of Native American origins.

Over the years she has scared me several times with odd things and stories she would tell me. She is in her mid 30's and still tells me she can see and talk to spirits. Some of what she says now days I question. She has been diagnosed as bipolar and other mental health issues. Some from years of drug use.

Let's start with her imaginary friend name Jim Mercy. She began talking about her when she was 3. I asked her to describe her to me and she says that she is a large colored woman. Claims she still sees her from time to time. It would frighten me when she would ask me if it was ok if Jim slept with us. I would say no I'm scared of her and my sister would tell me that she was lying next to me. I would go find somewhere else to sleep.

There was another time when I woke up in the morning and my sister was sleeping on the living room floor in front of the Christmas tree and she was covered up with a blanket which I had never seen. When she woke up I asked where the blanket came from and she said she got cold in the night and an old man and a dog came in and covered her up with the blanket. I took the blanket folded it up and put it away in the closet. When mom came home from work I was asking her about the blanket, which she asked to see. I went to the closet to get it and it wasn't there.

About a week later my sister and I were over at my grandma's house looking at old family pictures. She stop at one and pointed it out to me and said this is the man who covered me up. It was a picture of my grandfather who passed when I was three months old. Remember she is 10 years younger than me. That is the only picture I ever remember seeing of my grandfather. Mom didn't have any around the house. Neither did my grandma. Probably because she had remarried.

When I was about 18 I came in from working over night shift at a restaurant. My sister was sleeping in my bed so I just proceeded to climb in with her until she sat straight up in the bed opened her eyes glared at me as though she was looking into my soul and said "This train don't go to heaven" and laid back down. I said "Well I don't want to be on this train then" and went and slept on the couch. She has no memory of that.

Then when she was 13, mom took a vacation with my aunt and uncle and I stayed with my sister. She went to bed before me and before I went to bed I checked in on her. Again she sat straight up in the bed opened her eyes and began to tell me that she was mad at me. When I asked why she said because I came there in a Little car and laid back down. Doesn't remember it. I didn't have a little car had a big old Buick.

Another night during that stay she told me that she would see a little girl about 3 years old who would stand in the hall and stare at her at night.

Almost forgot she had a habit of sleeping with her feet flat on the bed and her knees up. I asked why she slept that way, she said because the gremlins would tickle her feet at night.

I have never known what to think of all this. So I would listen to what she had to say. And if I got scared would leave the room.

Years later and I had a couple kids of my own. Was at mom's for the holidays. First night I laid down with my girls for bed my oldest was just over a year old. My oldest daughter woke up in a sheer panic screaming that there was a man standing next to the bed. She was so scared that it scared me. So we laid there and all I could think to do was scream for my sister. When she came in I told her what happened. She told me to take the kids to the living room. I did. When she came out she told me that she took care of it. So now we were all awake and on edge so I suggest we run to the store for ice cream. Me, my sister and my two girls load up in my car. My sister had to run back in the house for something. While sitting in the car I watched the door to the laundry room open and close on its own. The laundry room was outside the house. That door would drag which made it hard to open. My sister came out and we went to the store and after getting the ice cream we were headed home and I tell my sister about the door opening on its own. She says I know. It was leaving. We slept good the rest of the time we were there.

Other hauntings by willow12

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, willow12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

willow12 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-07)
After years of drug use she did go for mental health evaluation and yes was diagnosed bypolar. My mom also had mental health issues. Now she is in bad shape. Has been homeless in the woods for about 7 years. I have had her at my house several times but ahe won't stay long before she takes off again. Her last stay was the longest. She lasted 4 months. Took off a week before Christmas. She has 6 children. Two of them are with their dad. I have the 3 youngest. And the oldest committed suicide at the age of 12. Just over a year ago.
willow12 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-07)
Thank you all for your feedback. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. My sister's father side of the family has some native american in them. I remember one night being woken up to a rukos in moms room. Apparently my stepdad woke up yelling that there was a woman flying over him trying to get him. Her grandmother would tell me about things she experienced.

There was the time I asked her grandma why she doesn't sleep with grandpa any more. She told me there was a night when he went to bed before her and a little while later he came out of the room telling her how a spirit was in the bed taking the covers.

As for her drug use, I have to say that they were widly excepted by my mom and some other relatives. We were exposed to them early in life and unfortunately all 4 of my siblings are users. I am the only one who never found them appealing.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-02)
What a fascinating story! You and your sister have had some amazing experiences - please, if there is anything more, write another entry! I would love to read more!
Thank you for sharing and I hope your sister is doing well - I have several family members and a dear friend who live with bipolar disorder... It isn't easy ❤
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-20)
Hi Willow,
This story was a good read and also a little scary.
The blanket incident was chilling as it disappeared when you were about to show it.
And the most scary was the last when your laundry door opened and when your sister said that yes it left.
What was your reaction that time?
After all your sister is a brave women to tackle all this. Hats off to her.
And also you are brave to see all this.
Takecare

Regards
Meghna
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-12)
Willow: this story is fascinating.

It is possible that your sister turned to addiction as a way to escape being 'different'.
Do you know if sensitivity runs in her dad's side of the family, on in your's mother side? Has he been part of your sister's life?
You do not have to answer my questions, the important part would be for her to have a reference or someone else that could relate to her abilities.

Her talking during her sleep could or could not have any meaning, it is not unusual for a person to forget their dreams.
One night my sister sat up in bed just to tell me (in Spanish):
"no permitas que tus cachetes se interpongan en tu sonrisa de oreja a oreja." (Do no't allow your cheeks to get on the way for your smile to spread from one ear to the other) while making a funny face and opening her eyes as long as saucers!
She didn't remember anything the following morning, but I will never forget about it and always make fun of her. 😆

I find it fascinating when things materialize or appear out of thin air, in this case the blanket that your grandfather used to cover your sister, it's a shame he had to take it back before someone other than you could see it and, perhaps, provide some information about the history of that blanket.

I know of a family friend back in Mexico that got an antique porcelain Baby Jesus given to her by a priest during mass; but nobody else saw the priest and couldn't explain how she went from having nothing on her hands to holding the statue of Baby Jesus!

Thanks for sharing.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-12)
This was a good read Willow12. Lot of things going on with your sister but it doesn't sound like most or any of the paranormal things has/had anything to do with mental illness or drug use.

It may in fact be the other way around. Could the drug use have possibly manifested from the paranormal activity? In other words, was she seeing a mental health professional and talking about her paranormal encounters and they evaluated her on that premise? Was she given "medication" for her bi-polar and mental issues? I know some of them can be quite addicting. My daughter and her husband was diagnosed with bi-polar and as far as I'm concerned they both became quite addicted to the meds and my now ex son-in-law is a mess and daughter to an extent, because of them.

It sounds as if your sister is very sensitive and you sound like your an awesome big sister! 😊 You always listened to her and even though you left the room when you felt uncomfortable, I had to laugh at the "This train don't go to heaven" bit, 😆 but she knew you were always there and she could count on you.

How are things for her now? I do hope she's doing alright.

Thanks for sharing and I hope to hear more if you've got more to share.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: