You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Baby Linda

Real Ghost Stories

Baby Linda

 

It was the year 1968, my mom had a little girl her name was Linda, it was only me and my older sister which was 6, I was 5. We live in the projects, old government apartments. Baby Linda was 2, it was on a Saturday night around 10 p.m.

Me and my sister share a bedroom we had two twin beds. My bed was near the bedroom door, my sister bed was across from me. Anyway we live in a two bedroom apartment, my step-dad worked graveyard shift, my mom was a house wife, as I was saying we always kept the bathroom light on near the hallway. As I laid across the bed trying to fall asleep, I was looking out into the hallway, I notice a little figure crawling, I stood half up and speak out" Linda come to bed its late." She crawled near my bedroom door then stood up, walking slowly, I quickly got upset and said" hurry up, you're going to get me in trouble come to bed." She'd gotten half way in, I was about to get up out of bed and drag her, before I could she start walking backwards, gotten to the hallway then right before my eyes disappear. Yes that's what I said disappear, vanish what every you want to call it! I quickly jumped out my bed ran to my sister's bed, but there in the bed was my baby sister Linda! So tell me what the hell did I see, I talk to! It wasn't my baby Linda. I squeezed between them both afraid my heart beaten to fast, covers over my head, I could hear dragging footsteps around the bed. Oh my I was terrified, I saw a ghost it was my baby sis I never knew. She died before I was born.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lizzy52, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
Hello lizzy! So, from your story, you saw your dead sister? But linda is also your sister? And linda is alive? Well I kind of understand your story in a way (I guess). Well I just want to share this too, I saw my dead sister too when I was young. But the thing is, I didn't saw her ghost, I saw her dead body in a morgue's bed. My mom identified her from among the corpses. She died while participating in an initiation rights in a fraternity.
I was young back then. My mom took to me to a psychiatrist after the burial. My point is I hope you were alright after what happened to you. Seeing your dead sister and everything.
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
Not to be rude, but this was confusing to read. I had to re-read most of it to even understand what happened. So is Linda your sister? You mentioned the light in the bathroom always being on, was it off at that moment so you couldn't see the figure?
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-07)
" I quickly jumped out my bed ran to my sister's bed, but there in the bed was my baby sister Linda! So tell me what the hell did I see, I talk to! It wasn't my baby Linda. I squeezed between them both "

Wait, were there two children named Linda? One alive and one dead? If you only had one living sister, who did you squeeze in between in the other bed?
Clairvoyant_Disease (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-06)
Must say, BrokenTree got everything that needed to be said and asked. Creepy story though.
agatha23 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Yes. I agree with BrokenTree. I'm kind of confused too, but that story definitely sent chills down my spine.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
> I saw a ghost it was my baby sis I never knew. She died before I was born.

Just for some clarification: Where you aware of the fact that you had another sibling? Did your mother tell you this fact later on?
Argette (guest)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-29)
I'm a bit confused. I have the same questions as BrokenTree.

That said, I have heard stories of children who were able to foretell a sibling's death, but I'm not sure if this is the case here.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-28)
Your story needs fleshing out. You ask,"what did I see" and then answer your own question at the end. Are you asking for advice or validation?
Did you know before this incident that you had a sister who died before you were born? Did you tell your mother what happened? Did she tell you about the sister after this incident? How clearly did you see this apparition? Has anyone else seen it? Did this sister die while your family was living in this apartment? Has anything else of this nature occurred in your life?
If you can please answer these questions we may be able to help you understand this if you want advice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: