You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Our Special Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Our Special Baby

 

This is my time of writing a story, so sorry if it's not as organized as a good story writer. I'm glad I've found this site about paranormal events because I myself have a lot of personal stories to tell.

Back on 2007 when we were newlyweds, we rented an apartment in Manila near our work, so that we can just walk going to the office. The house is a bit old, three-bedroom apartment. We only use two bedrooms, the other one is used as stockroom of old furniture and stuff of the owner.

The owner of the house lives in different city Only a caretaker manages the house needs and collect our rent. We don't personally know the history of the house, but the caretaker always asks us if are hearing, see or feel something in house. It's obvious that he knows something about the house but doesn't want to discuss to us.

My wife and I work in a government agency that monitors government projects, so we often travel around the country. When my wife got pregnant with our first child, while she is in out of town work, she often saw an apparition of a little girl that wears a white dress with white ribbon bunches on the little girl's hair. Then she calls me and tell me how terrified she was, then I calm her to be relaxed. Little that my wife knows that the same girl has also appeared to me several times. But I was never afraid of the little girl because I know she was our daughter that is being carried by my wife, because the girl already talked to me in my dream. The little girl told me that she is coming out soon and she is asking for my protection. When I asked her to what and from whom I am protecting her for? She will just reply "them". Then I woke up without knowing who's them she is referring to.

During the delivery of our baby, an earthquake occurs just exactly as the baby comes out. I don't know if the quake has a connection on what the girl in my dream told me. Anyway the baby was delivered successfully. Let's just call the baby P.

When baby P was 5 months old, I left her sleeping in her crib for me to do some other house errands. It was my work's day-off and turn to babysit. When get back to check on her, I was so surprise when she was not in her crib. I looked all over the rooms but I was unable to find her. I was about to call my wife and the police when I heard a baby's cry from the stockroom. When I reached out to the room's door it was locked, so hurriedly get the room's key to open the door. Then I saw our baby inside laying on a couch unharmed. I don't have to tell how weird that could be. I'm sure we were alone in the house because if someone will enter the room I will notice it because I was just outside doing errands.

On P's toddler years (2 to 3 years old), we often see her talking to an imaginary friend named Balik. According to P, Balik lives in the stockroom. We didn't mind that P has an imaginary friend because according to psychologist it is just an indicator of how rich the imaginations of kids.

But it started to bother us when sometimes P will talk to Balik behind the door of the stock room because according to P, Balik's mom doesn't want her to play with her because according to Balik's mom P can hurt or put harm on them because she is a "Babayan". When P asked me the meaning of the word I cannot explain it because I don't know a Filipino word of a such and if there has the definition doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, there are so many weird things that we experience with in that house. Sometimes a basketball will roll towards me from the stockroom while it is closed.

There was a time when we had a visit from my brother-in-law. He told us that he was not able to sleep because the talking toy-doll of P is singing non-stop under his bed. But he cannot find it so he just suffers with the singing all night. After a week my brother-in-law saw the doll that is being played by P, he said that was the one that causes him not to sleep all night. When I saw the doll I had goosebumps because I already removed the talking mechanism of the doll long time ago because of the same reason that I also cannot sleep because of its non-stop singing during my sleep.

We had constant problem of stay-in nanny because of their experiences in the house. One of a nanny even stayed in the house for just one day because according to her she saw entities going out and in the closed stock room, doppelgangers are constant visitors.

I realized that Balik, P's imaginary friend, is not really an imaginary being, when I saw her talking to my daughter in a shadow form. They were playing doctor and patient. I overheard my daughter telling Balik that she is going to cure her from being a shadow to normal kid. Then Balik seemed to start hurting P because we often see bruises and scratches on P's body. When we asked her where did she get that she responded that Balik is angry with her.

So with experiences we decided to leave the house and get another apartment. But our experience didn't change anything. In fact, it just gets worse... See you in my next post!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 1P_Diddy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

1P_Diddy (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-21)
sorry if I haven't responded to the comments I was on a business trip again for a couple of weeks so busy at work. Anyway thanks for a lots of comment I would like to respond at least some of the comments.

[at] majarlika012 - I tried asking the caretaker the history of the house and his respond was so limited. But I was able to talk to an old neighbor, he said that the owner only lives there for short time because her husband was a seaman that only goes back from work once a year. According to him, the owner has a daughter who died in the house due to dengue fever but I cannot confirm if that is true. Anyhow, the old neighbor always tease me if I hear or see something in the house because he said that even though there was no one renting the house they always hear some thing banging in the house or they heard voices in the house so they thought the house is haunted.

[at] WisconsinLady - thank you for this, Wow I haven't realized that "babayan" is a babaylan! Yes and that maybe the reason why those entities are threatened. I forgot to tell in the story that my grand father was a traditional healer in our community. According to my mom my grandpa is able to interact with spirits and unworldly entities but he died when I was young so I never really had an interaction with him.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-15)
If your daughter is a babayan, the maybe she can protect herself from any unwanted actions of her "friend". Though I understand that, because of her age, she has yet to learn how t do that.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-12)
1P Diddy - I don't know your religious beliefs and how you deal with this sort of activity.

I would be hugely distressed if I had a child being harassed by a spirit. Is it a good spirit if it locks her up in a room? Perhaps the little spirit girl is possessive over your daughter.

I would suggest that you attempt to send this little entity off to where she belongs by employing the services of a knowledgeable religious person who has experience in this type of phenomenon.

Have you considered the fact that there might be more than one unwelcome visitor in your home?

Please consider taking action before the activities worsen.

Regards, Melda
WisconsinLady (1 stories) (52 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-11)
Perhaps the word "Babayan" is "Babaylan"? Here's where I found it:

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babaylan

From Wikipedia: "[They] were shamans of the various ethnic groups of the pre-colonial Philippine islands. These shamans specialized in communicating, appeasing, or harnessing the spirits of the dead and the spirits of nature. They were almost always women..."

Perhaps your daughter is a medium, healer, or etc? If this entity is bad, they may not want her to get rid of them. They may have tried to trick her into thinking they are friendly, but then became more aggressive.

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you can find help and everything works out well for your family!
Faith_2000 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-11)
I mean wow, that's a lot to deal with. Your poor little girl! I hope you're able to deal with the spirit so that no more harm comes to your daughter. I really wish you luck.

❤❤❤
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-11)
HI,

Have you tried asking the caretaker about the history of that house? If yes, then what did he tells you? I was also curious, is your baby and the little girl you saw in your dreams look the same?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: