You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Noisy Night - Barking Dog And Voice In The Baby Monitor

Real Ghost Stories

Noisy Night - Barking Dog And Voice In The Baby Monitor

 

Last night I was playing on my computer in my bedroom for some down time. The door was open into the living room. I have the baby monitors on so I can hear the kids. My dog was sitting at my feet. I'm checking e-mail. Everyone else is asleep. It's quiet. It's peaceful.

Suddenly the dog just starts barking like crazy at the doorway. The hair is standing up on her neck and she is staring at our open door barking aggressively but not moving. She looks scared. I get this feeling of dread but when I look up I don't see anything in the doorway or living room from my computer chair so I have no idea what she is barking at. I try to convince myself maybe she just heard something outside but none of my other dogs are barking. They are all sound asleep. I can see them from where I am sitting. No reaction from any other pet. This dog is freaking out at my doorway in the mean time.

I try to get her to hush but she just growls and barks. She is not backing down, just staring at the doorway. The barking wakes up my husband. He walks through the door to go see what is going on but doesn't find anything. The dog stops barking as soon as my husband walks through the doorway. She cowers like she's afraid, hops on our bed, shivering and shaking but doesn't bark the rest of the night.

We check on the kids to make sure the dog didn't wake anyone up. Luckily, they were both sound asleep. My hubby goes back to sleep and I finish checking my e-mail.

Not long after I hear a male voice on the baby monitor say "whip her". It freaks me out so I wake up my hubby and tell him what I heard. We move the kids to our room, I say some prayers and nothing else happens. Ghost or night time sounds?

Other hauntings by saxichan_2002

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saxichan_2002, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-15)
Hi saxichan, do you have any updates regarding the cleansing? Really hoping it works for you and your family.

Fascinating how the voices on your videos react to things happening in your home. And the child's voice is just sad!
saxichan_2002 (5 stories) (9 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-12)
[at] CuriousDee: Yes, I finally tried that cleansing method and thank you so much again for sharing that information with me. We did it as a family though and went throughout our house so we'll see if that fixes it. Thanks again.
saxichan_2002 (5 stories) (9 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-12)
[at] Miracles51031: It was 2 words "whip her".

[at] Jubeele: Thank you. My husband installed the baby monitor so we may not have security and he actually thought that could be a possibility for some of the strange sounds (a hacker or someone messing with us) because I did some recordings and we have a whole bunch of weird things being said particularly in my son's room. Thank you for the link and I'll look into it. I appreciate the info.

[at] RSAChick: My family and I finally did the house cleansing last night and we're going to continue the next two days just to do it for a 3-day period of time to be thorough. I ended up getting a house cleansing kit because some of the commenters gave me the idea and so my twin sister sent me one. Apparently you can get holy water online.

I'll have to see if any activity continues after that but so far nothing last night after the cleansing.

I did take video. In the very first video I took where I was just taking a preview of my bathroom without really expecting anything to be on the video a black shadow hand appears to wave at me. The camera had turned funny though so it could just be human error or something else. Most of the videos I took did not show any movement or orbs but did have some very strange voices that it picked up saying various things. I did not recognize any of the voices but I definitely heard a woman's, a man's and a child. I hear a woman's voice saying hush when my husband is snoring or telling him to shhhh and then bless you when a dog sneezed. I also heard the woman say something like Hush little dog when our little dog was barking at night. I heard the man's voice saying something about violence and a lot of what he says I can't always understand. The child voice I heard was calling for their mama but my two children were sleeping next to me and it wasn't either of them and no one else was in my house. My husband suggested maybe the baby monitors are picking up on other people's baby monitors or trucker interference or something but a lot of the comments on the video seem to pertain to what's going on in our home at that particular time so I just don't know.

My niece came to visit and experienced shadow people in the kids bathroom though so I need to post about that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-11)
saxichan - I have a couple of thoughts about the voice you heard.

1. Maybe the voice was talking about your dog and not your baby.

2. It could be completely unrelated to you and your family, including your dogs.

Over the past several years some friends and I have discussed time and how it works when we are dead. Are seconds still seconds, 60 seconds still a minute, 12 months a year and so on. I am strongly leaning toward time being of no relevance when we die. Why would it matter?

So maybe the voice you heard said something 6 months before "whip her" and it hasn't caught up yet. Or possibly "whip her" was in the middle of a sentence. Just my crackpot theory 😊

I just had a random thought. Was it definitely two separate words or ran together like "whip 'er"?
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-11)
Hi saxichan, I'd like to add another possibility for your consideration. Have you installed the necessary security on the baby monitor? I've heard that baby monitors can be hacked and some parents have heard voices coming from the speakers, and then discovered that people have been spying on their children.

If there is some hacker messing with the device, that might explain your very real feeling of dread. Also your dog would know an "intruder" was somehow nearby if she'd heard the voice. But since she couldn't otherwise see or smell a physical presence, it would be strange and frightening to her.

There's probably no cause for alarm, but it is good to ensure that all precautions have been taken. I've attached a bit of information on this. Hope it helps:
Https://www.lifewire.com/is-your-baby-monitor-being-hacked-2487802

Take care of yourselves. Stay safe. ❤
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-10)
Hi saxichan
I am also interested to know if you have done the cleansing or obtained the holy water. And if you have started any recordings?

Did you perhaps recognise the voice? Is it the same male voice as before that wanted to wear you? That would be creepy! 😲
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-10)
Hi saxichan,

I'm leaning towards nighttime sounds... I have a dog that barks if a flea passes gas within a 5 mile radius. 😁 I'm surprised your dog didn't wake up your other dogs with the aggressive barking and growling. I've had multiple dogs before and if one barked, the others immediately joined in. 😜

Regarding the baby monitor, it's possible it picked up interference.

I'm sure with the activity you've previously written about, your nerves would be on edge though. Have you tried Rook's cleansing method yet?

Best regards,
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: