You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Blew Out My Light Bulb

Real Ghost Stories

Something Blew Out My Light Bulb

 

I am currently twenty-one years old and I am enrolled in a private college. I'm not sure when I became so interested in ghosts, demons, spirits, and mysteries in general. I'm going to tell you about the time when something (a ghost maybe) blew out my light bulb.

At the time, I was around fifteen years old and I was more hardheaded than anything and I had a big mouth. I was the type of teenager who thought nobody could stop me and that I was "big and bad". Although my faith and love in God hasn't always been good, I found myself dedicated to God at the time.

One night, I randomly decided to pray in my room with my lamp on. But this was no ordinary prayer to God... In fact, it was a prayer to the devil himself. It was a prayer of hatred and a prayer that was intended to mock and belittle the devil. You might wonder what was the point, but please remember that I was a hardheaded kid who was very curious about many unknown things and had a BIG mouth. I also wanted to see if I could get a sign by making the devil mad.

I started the prayer off with, "Dear Satan", and said things like, "You're not the smartest! God is. You're just a worthless nothing that nobody likes!" At some point of this prayer I said something like, "If you're real, blow out my light bulb and make it dark! Or are you too weak to even do THAT?"

While I was talking trash, the light suddenly went out and my room became dark. I stopped talking and became scared. I quickly got up and left my room, frightened. I had to go downstairs and get another light bulb to replace the one in my room because the other one was no longer working.

Some may say it was a coincidence. No matter what somebody else may say, I'm still convinced that this was proof of there being a devil, demons, evil spirits, etc.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tyre, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Razz, I agree with your first comment. I'm reminded of the time my husband and dad were having a discussion about the possibility of aliens coming to earth. My husband made some offhand comment about something the aliens might do when they arrived, and my father started to argue that aliens wouldn't want to do that (very seriously believing himself, by the way).
Razz (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Tweed, you made some very good points, as did Rook. I guess I was talking more in general, not necessarily just about this story. I agree that just because something odd happens, it does not mean it was demonic in nature, although people will jump right to that conclusion. Honestly, I'm not even sure this story is believable to me but, I wasn't there so I don't really know. I don't post much but I've been reading this forum a long time and I know who makes sense to me most times and you and Rook are definitely two of them. Anyway, I don't want to hijack this so I'll end this here...
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Razz, I agree with Rook that any demon/devil/Satan himself wouldn't 'bother' with something like this. I mean it's as good as Beetlejuice isn't it?
Also when you factor in telekinetic possibilities, I don't know. It's like as soon as a demon gets mentioned logic goes out the window, same with Ouija boards for that matter, and God help us all if a possessed doll makes an appearance. I guess what I'm saying is, an individual's superstition starts for one reason and persists for another, with little research or testing to back it up. Yeah a demon could've done a light trick, I suppose. But when stacked against all other possibilities it feels like a stretch.
Razz (7 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-03-08)
So Rook,
You don't think that Satan, or any demon for that matter, would do something "unexpected"? I don't believe that. C'mon, a master of deception would do whatever it takes to get the desired results and if that means a "small display of power" just to sucker someone in, then so be it... Most of the comments you make are logical and make sense to me but this one doesn't...
agatha23 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-07)
You should NEVER interact or speak with Satan. Do not acknowledge him.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-03-07)
Well I agree with one thing... You were a hardheaded teenager 😲.

In all seriousness however I do not think the Devil himself OR a Demon WOULD waste its time with such a 'small' display of 'power'. More than likely a trickster spirit or possible a negative spirit of some sort 'heard' your call and decided to 'mess' with you. Had your 'call out' actually attracted the attention of 'something'...I'll go with the word 'stronger'...I 'feel' it, or even they, would have manifested in your life some other way. Of course this is just my opinion, based on my experience and observations.

Here's a question for you... In the past 6 years has someone, or something, entered your life and played a LARGE INFLUENCE in the events leading up to now? Could be something like a 'full ride, 'no strings attached' Academic Scholarship offer that came out of the blue. Or perhaps 'your Perfect and Ideal partner' has suddenly entered your life... Just think about things... Offers 'taken', Contests 'won', Physical Challenges 'overcome'...all may have a 'Price'...who did you talk to... How was the 'unexpected' accepted? Just something to think about.

Respectfully,

Rook
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Tyre,

I DO believe that something demonic blew your light bulb.

You should read my story "The Paw Paw Ghost". However I wasn't talking to or taunting Satan. I just made an innocent comment and something bizarre happened.

If I were you, I'd stick to praying to God only. 😁

Thank you for sharing.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Hi Tyre,

It sounds like you were in somewhat of a Ouija board mode. That your prayer to the devil summoned something at least. It's also possible this was a telekinetic outburst of energy, or in other words you blew your own light. 😉 I'm leaning towards that.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
I stopped watching ghost hunting shows when the hosts started challenging the spirits in someone else's abode. They don't have to live with the results of pissed off spirits...
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Tyre, yikes! Well, I am pretty freaked out! Fun fact? How many people have prayed something to the effect of "God, if you are real, show me now and I will always love you and do right by you"? And, nothing happens! Okay, but, the bible says, "Faith is the evidence of things unseen".

However, I will be honest and tell you that this story sounds a little bit unbelievable! I am sure that your light bulb went out, I'm just not sure if it was because you challenged you-know-who. It could have been like you said, "proof of there being a devil, demons, evil spirits, etc."

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: