You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: One More From Stoughton

Real Ghost Stories

One More From Stoughton

 

There was one more incident that happened, this occurred in the living room. We have a fireplace in the living room and on the back wall of the fireplace there is what looks like a face, a guy with long hair and a beard. That's not the story, it's just a cool effect of the ash buildup on the back wall of the fireplace. I'll take a picture of it and post it a little later. It's just really cool, I hope it shows up.

Anyway, my mother put pictures on the mantel. They are just family pictures. My mom got one of those frames that is like a box with a clear plastic cover, and in that frame she put an old picture of her parents with her as a toddler, so it's really old; and with that picture is a newspaper clipping about her father. He received an award and it was in the town newspaper.

One day, I was in my room, upstairs, since this had happened shortly after my sister moved out. I heard a loud bang in the living room, like someone dropped a bowling ball on the floor so I ran down the stairs. The dog was shivering on the couch and in the center, I mean dead center of the room, is that picture of my mom and grandparents with the news clipping, standing straight up, as if someone had taken that one picture off the mantel and gently placed it in the center of the room. I picked it up and put it back, took the dog into my room, and turned on the TV.

I have not slept in that house without a TV on for the past 5 years. I think my grandmother might be trying to reach out to my sister, because they had a bit of a contentious relationship. Not only did she make my grandmother cry, she got her so mad that she dropped the f-bomb. My grandmother never even said a fake bad word let alone a real one. I think she is trying to help my sister work through her problems, and of course, per usual, she just isn't listening.

My sister was the recipient of my grandmother's bedroom furniture, she had a dresser with a mirror hutch with shelves. My sister put her copy of Psalms on one of the shelves. One day, she told me that she was sleeping one afternoon (she's disabled so there isn't much else for her to do). She told me she was woken up because someone threw a book at her. It happened during the school year so her kids were in school and she was alone in the house. She said that it was opened, but that she just closed it and put it back on the shelf. She said that she thought it was odd that it was opened two thirds of the way.

It was my brother who asked her which page, because it was he who first brought up the connection with my grandmother. Unfortunately we will never know, because she wouldn't recognize a sign if it hit her in bed while she was alone in a house. Sorry, she has a knack for making people angry with her. Anyway, just thought I would share. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, waltrow1274, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: