You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone Was Knocking At My Door

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Was Knocking At My Door

 

It was a summer's eve around six pm, my two kids and I were sitting in the family room watching television. My mom was also home having a nap in her room. I hear about three or four knocks on the door, so I get off the couch to answer. On each side of the door are windows, mind you. I ask who's there twice but no one answers. I look out of the window to the left of the door and there is a tall slim older lady with a long black skirt and a black long sleeve blouse, a black large purse and a umbrella. Since it is summer the nights are long so it was fairly light out but for some reason I couldn't see her face it was if she didn't have one...

I called my 12 year old son over after the lady just stands there without answering after the third time I asked her who's there, my son looked out the window and said to me he didn't know her. Without thinking I assume she must be one of my mothers friends and I also assume she must be hard of hearing. I wake my mom and in less than a minute and a half my mom is at the door but the lady is gone...

My drive way is long and the street we live on is a flat stretch so you can see end to end. I know everyone in my community and this woman I had never seen before. There was no one out on the street and no one in their yards. Besides that the houses are so far apart that she wouldn't have had time to walk down the drive way and to another house by the time we returned to the door.

It's like she vanished into thin air... I walked out to look all around my house but of course she was not there...

My mom didn't believe me but my son saw her also so I know she was there...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, my_universe_sparkles, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Whodat (42 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-20)
I agree. Never open the door to spirits. Once in the middle of the night I heard my doorbell ring. I immediately looked out the window at the front door but no one was there. There's no way a person would have had enough time to get off the porch and out of sight. I thought at the time maybe it was a ghost or something. I didn't go open the door just in case.
xlauraloux (20 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
I think greenmachine advised that because people say if you hear knocks and it is a spirit and you open the door it's like you are inviting them into your home x
my_universe_sparkles (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
Thegreenmachine- Hello, I'm just curious as to why? I don't have the slightest idea why she was there but if you have any ideas please tell me. Thanks
my_universe_sparkles (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
Hi Myst, it surely seems that way, that actually explains a lot lol!
Myst (63 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Sparkles- Mary Poppins realized she had the wrong address, then sailed away using her umbrella?
thegreenmachine (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
All I can say is - you've made the right decision not to open the door!
my_universe_sparkles (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Lady-glow: Thanks for the welcome as well as taking time to read my experience.
The door and window glass are clear.
I live on 4 acres so our neighbors are pretty far.
Maybe she was on a hover board lol but I live on a flat stretch of land with a pretty long driveway so I would of seen her leaving in any direction.
Same applies for a car as above.
No I didn't ask any neighbors, perhaps I should of.
I never open the door for strangers and I couldn't see her face its like she didn't have one (sounds weird, I know)
If she did vanish before my eyes I would of assumed I let a spirit into my home... I have always been very aware since a child that I have some kind of different connection to spirits than most so I think I would of tried to figure out what she wanted.

You are very welcome!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-02)
sparkles: welcome to YGS.

What kind of glass is on the windows by your door (clear, textured, tinted)?

In my opinion there're some possible non paranormal scenarios that could explain the lady's disappearance.

- Perhaps she walked across your yard, knocked at the next door neighbors and was let in before your mother opened the door.
- She was riding a hover board.
- There was a parked car that you couldn't see waiting for her.

Did you ask your closest neighbors if she called to any of them?

It is hard to say if this lady was a living person or if she was a spirit, but she didn't seem to mean any harm.

I just wonder what would had happened if you had opened the door for her... What would you do if she had vanished before your eyes?

Thanks for sharing this interesting story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: