You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Scary Internet Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Internet Experience

 

When I first started using the internet a few years ago, I was amazed at all the different websites that were available to look at. I don't have a home computer, so I would go to the library in both Sherman and Denison, which are located in Texas.

I was on the website "ghostvillage.com" and happened upon this story based in Eagle Pass, TX. The writer had just helped her 13 year old daughter paint her fingernails black, and took a picture of her in front of an open closet door, with her arm extended. After the picture was developed, she noticed what looked like an evil face looking out from behind her daughter's arm.

I honestly could not see this apparition and used various computers, until one day, I was using computer #6 at Sherman's library. I decided to try one more time, and this time I saw it. Okay, this is where it gets weird. The apparition in the picture started to get brighter and brighter, nothing else in the picture did though. I scrolled out of there, because honestly, I thought it might come through the computer at me! Probably overreacted, but then lots of people use Ouija boards and look what happens.

I wondered later on if maybe they use Photoshop or something to make some pictures scarier? I'm not knocking this website, it's very good, and informative, if someone else has an idea or similar experience, I would welcome comments. I actually looked at it on other computers and it didn't happen again. Maybe the computer did it, but I have no idea and hopefully, someone can clue me in. Also, it resembled that Star Wars character the emperor Palpatine. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mel8763, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-27)
Oh! 😲 That would have scared me too! Maybe it was a manipulated page you saw it on. I would have left too. Thank you for sharing this spooky story.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-08-03)
Hi mel8763... These pictures that can transition are called animated GIFs, they've been around for literally a couple of decades, and the one you saw could have been one of them, edited to bring out the contrast (light parts get brighter, dark gets darker) in the "pattern" they wanted you to see. The images can be set to loop or just to stop after the transition.
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-02)
There were only 4 stories on Eagle Pass as I have researched; none of them have anything strange? Well, there is a possibility that people used some sort of software while editing their pictures, yea, so things you saw might be made in purpose. You know sometimes your home PC and PC out there uses a different system so some software might only work on PC out there and not your home... Things like that you know...

If a spirit could haunt the internet, in most cases people might consider them as a virus, that's the fact I guess lol

Blessing from SĂŁo Paulo
E.Lynx
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-01)
I've yet to actually see anything that really resembled a ghost in any of those types of photos. But I'd freak out if one start getting lighter. I don't use PhotoShop, only iPhoto, but the picture you saw could surely have been manipulated. I'm wondering if a GIF wasn't involved.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: