You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Glowing Yellow Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Yellow Eyes

 

I had yellow round glowing (like a light), what my son and I can only describe as eyes staring at us.

The dog was on the enclosed porch going ballistic, when my son and I had to go calm her. It was the middle of the night and the dog was so ferocious, she seemed as if she wanted to tear through the door on her hind legs. We walked up to the window to peer out and I realized I wasn't going to see anything, the light wasn't on. I tried anyway, because the dog was going crazy at the door.

I looked out the window next to the door and saw what I thought was a yellow light. I then moved to the next pane in the window where the screen wasn't going to interfere with my view and the two round glowing, what I call eyes, seemed to turn and look away from the dog and at me. It seemed to be observing me, as much as I was it. It appeared to be crouching in front of the door on the front walk.

I moved to the door window for a closer look and it disappeared before I got to the window. I then looked at my son and I said that was weird. My son said,"What?" I said,"It looked like...yellow..." I paused and he said,"Eyes".

I said, "Yes, OH MY GOD, YOU SEEN THAT TOO... I WASN'T GOING TO SAY ANYTHING... I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO THINK I WAS CRAZY" I said, "It looked at me."

He said,"I have seen that a couple times before. I just closed the curtain and ignore it."

This happened about 3 months ago and it really has not left me. I still get really shaken up by it and I don't want to go out at night anymore. I live in a rural area in the country. And I want to just say there was no other light for it to be reflecting eyes from an animal. I am quite aware of how animals eyes reflect from light hitting it, I am also a hunter and knowledgeable in that respect. Anybody have any information I sure would appreciate it. I just want to know if it's a harmful.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tomandcarrielester, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-13)
Google dogman. Those yellow eyes are one of the characteristics of them--red eyes also. Not saying that it is one, but IF it is--you don't want to shoot them-trust me, you'll only make them angry and more dangerous. I have never seen one myself, but have done quite a bit of research on them. People might say they don't believe that such a thing exist, but all I can say is I hope they don't exist.
funeralmass (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
I agree with Zaruje's theory. Having been a Veterinary Technician for several years, I have seen animals with this luminous eye condition. If you live in a rural or semi-rural area, I would give it a wad of buckshot. If you have a house/houses across the street/in the line of fire, a few shots in the ground will let you confirm if this is a type of animal with this condition.

If gunfire seems ineffective, who knows what you may have.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-11)
Given that the OP took pains to point out that they are well aware of the way some animals' eyes behave in the dark furthermore that they hunt meaning that a well developed familiarity with exactly how the eyes of local wildlife look under those conditions- I don't get the feeling that they could have been fooled. Clearly, the OP knows what normal should look like and this wasn't it. So if I am ruling out normal local fauna that leaves two options in my mind - escaped exotic creature or paranormal. People are forever and always importing exotic animals as pets thinking they are so cute in pictures but possessing no more knowledge of the realities of that animal than what is required to care for a wild animal - thus the poor creature winds up abandoned. It also could have escaped from a zoo or pet shop (the legal kind... Or the illegal). But I can't rule out possible paranormal either.

Has your dog ever spotted a regular backyard prowler before -like an opossum or raccoon? If so, were his reactions similar that evening with the eyes or was he more geared up?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-08)
I would be worried about the wildlife in the area, fortunately your dog was in an enclosed place... Perhaps a predator was looking for something to eat.

At least you can be sure that, whatever it was, it cannot cross physical barriers. 😐

Thanks for sharing.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-08)
Hi tomandcarrielester,

I agree with Zaruje. Do let us know what distance from the ground you saw these eyes at?
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-07)
Hello tomandcarrielester

It's probably an animal, since a large number of animals have a condition called "tapetum lucidum" in which their eyes glow at night or in the dark. Cats, dogs, deers, and other animals have this condition (you can look it up on google).

But anyways thanks for sharing your story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: