You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Won't Let Me Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Won't Let Me Sleep

 

In my other story, I implied that this would happen again and... It's happening, again. Unlike last time though, this hasn't been an isolated event that happens for a brief period of time. About three weeks ago, I noticed that the cat toys in my room started to jingle in the middle of the night. Thinking it was the cat, I flipped on my light. With no cat in sight, I gave the toys a puzzled look and laid back down.

Tonight, however, it got a little more intense. At about 2 or 3 am, I awoke to the bag of chips next to me crinkling. At first, I thought it was a mouse. So I made a mental note to get a mouse trap and then I quickly made a SHHH! Noise and it stopped. Maybe a few seconds after, it started to crinkle again like someone was opening them. Again, I went SHHH! And it did the same thing. Annoyed, I turned on the light and threw out the near-empty bag.

Finally, I could go to bed.

Then all hell broke loose. I heard my phone across the room move -- I know this for a fact because it has an otterbox and it makes a distinct sound when dropped or moved -- and then it started turning off and on in a slow rhythmic manner. I was petrified. I tried to ignore it, but the light was bright enough to see through my eyelids. A minute or so after the phone was blinking, the cat toys started to jingle at the same time. It was surreal and I thought maybe I had fallen asleep or was dozing or something. After gathering some courage, I jumped up and turned on the lights.

The noises stopped.

My phone was on as if someone had pushed the button on the side. The notification screen showed no new notifications; it would've vibrated as well. As for the cat toys, I know for a fact it couldn't be the cat because the door is closed behind me as I write this. Additionally, the chip bag's clip was off of the bag. I didn't realize this when I first got up, mostly because I just wanted to sleep. It is currently early in the morning and all my lights are on. Except for the normal house sounds, there hasn't been a single sound now that I'm up, but I don't feel like sleeping.

I don't know if it is also relevant but a few weeks earlier from that first event. I was laying on my back with my eyes closed, trying to do a relaxation thing. I felt the pillow my head was resting on leave my cheek as if it were being pressed down. It freaked me out.

Other hauntings by TheCynic

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheCynic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-11)
My question (s) / observations start with your last statement...

"I don't know if it is also relevant but a few weeks earlier from that first event. I was laying on my back with my eyes closed, trying to do a relaxation thing. I felt the pillow my head was resting on leave my cheek as if it were being pressed down. It freaked me out."

Are you 110% sure the pillow was pushed downward OR mayhap during your relaxation exercise you inadvertently started to have an OBE (Out of Body Experience)...meaning the pillow was not pushed downward but that your 'spirit' was beginning to move upward and the sensation was strange enough you returned to your body without fully 'projecting'.

IF...If that is the case then perhaps you also managed to 'open' your senses/third eye/spiritual awareness' and are now 'seeing/feeling' more of the 'spirit realm'. (Just a thought.)

From the rest of your experience it sounds as if you are more sensitive as you relax towards sleep and that a spirit is attempting to be noticed by you. Perhaps it noticed that you are more 'open' after that relaxing technique' you tried and it wishes to tell you something.

This is, of course, one possibility, but it seems that it might be what is happening.

If you wish it to end I suggest this...

Try that relaxing technique again... As you begin to relax think about these experiences, picture them happening because a door is open... Once you are holding that image in your mind visualize that door closing... You can go so far as to visualize it locking should you want to. Once you 'feel' this is complete. Have the house blessed, preform a cleansing ritual... Whatever suits your belief system best.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-10)
Hi TheCynic, it seems that you wanted to contact these entities (your previous story) and they reciprocated! I would suggest ceasing efforts to contact them and to consult a pastor or a priest. You certainly wouldn't want to live the rest of your life with these things "attached" to you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: