You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something On The Roof

Real Ghost Stories

Something On The Roof

 

This is my first post here so please forgive for my gramatical errors if any.

So honestly this is my father's experience. This happened when my father was in his teenage. He used to live in Vadodra with his two elder brothers and my grandma. My father used to live in old style houses have rooftops made up of steel and the house was of 3 storeys. My father used to sleep at top most floor while my grandma and uncles used to sleep on 1st and 2nd floor respectively. My dad's room had a balcony which was so small that one can just sleep or crouch underneath (you cannot stand in there).

So one night it was raining heavily. Due to this as of steel roofs sound my father was unable to sleep. At last he had just fallen asleep for about 15 minutes and his sleep was broken with a heavy sound coming from the roof. It was clearly sound of someones footsteps. After some 2 or 3 minutes it stopped. My father ignored it as if it would be any monkey or any animal. He again went to sleep but this time again heared the footsteps and again it stopped but this time my father spotted someone peeping from that balcony. It was just like a human figure with long hairs. Being shocked my father shouted '' who 's there?'' without any reply the creature pulled his head. My father quickly stood up and ran towards the balcony, crouched inside it. To his suprise there was nobody. Next day he narrated the incident to my grandma. She dissmissed it as it would be a thief, but how can a thief climb a 3 storeys building... At that time (with no such instruments) !?

Your thoughts truely welcomed.

Regards

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, youwillneverwalkalone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

riyuzaki007 (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-07)
+harry1lynn
I have not even had a single experience in Baroda or anywhere to be fair I would love to visit the spooky places
harry1lynn (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-04)
+riyuzaki007
I also live in Baroda and man I will say that this place has some spooky areas
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-23)
I agree with Randy, being sleepy it could have been anything, even a waking dream.
Just this morning I was asleep dreaming I was petting a dog that had passed away years ago. As I started to wake I realized I was actually petting one of my very large 7 1/2 month old puppies 🤣 (his brother was 84 pounds the last time I had him to the vet). It seems the pup wanted me to wake up as he was licking my arm. They are not allowed on the bed so as I realized it was one of the pups I called my husband for help getting him off of my arm.
The brain is a mysterious part of the body and can play tricks on us when we are not fully awake and alert.
Red
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-18)
Youwillneverwalkalone

First welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing your father's story.

Please understand I'm not trying to dismiss the story but at the same time I think it would be a long jump to call it paranormal. If you break it down here is what I see. It's raining very hard, it's dark, your father is/was sleeping. I think there are too many factors that could lead to the misidentification of something completely normal
I know when I first wake up, especially if I'm woken by something it takes me a few minutes to get my senses working good. In videos I've seen of India those monkeys are all over the place and seem to leap and climb everywhere. I enjoyed the story but I just can't make a paranormal connection with the information given. That is just my opinion and nothing more.

Have a wonderful day and glad your here
Randy
riyuzaki007 (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-15)
i live in mehta pole in vadodara but never have I ever experienced a paranormal situation here... Been living here from birth would love to know which house did he live in, I live in Dani no Khancho.
youwillneverwalkalone (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
VeronicaMarie thanks for your compliment. Yeah only some paranormal expert can explain that
youwillneverwalkalone (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
CreepyPuppet mehta pole in city area... Btw you are also from baroda?
youwillneverwalkalone (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
AugustaM... I will ask my dad... And would get back to you. Good idea
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
I would imagine most thieves and monkeys have the good sense to keep off a metal roof in a rainstorm. So perhaps it was something paranormal. I wonder if your father could draw a picture of what he remembers seeing?
CreepyPuppet (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
Hey...! It was a nice story... I am also from Vadodara... Can u please tell me the location of the incident...!
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-14)
Hi, youwillneverwalkalone...

What an interesting story. Certainly doesn't seem like it was a thief, given the height of the balcony (and the pouring rain).
Hopefully someone with more knowledge and insight into the paranormal might be able to explain it. Thank you for sharing that intriguing incident.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: